Russell Anderson Signs!

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considine will still be the captain for the next 6 weeks at elast until Anderson is fit so it's not that big a deal. I'd be more concerned as to why he keeps mentioning good to have in the background and not just on the pitch. I think that shows he has fitness issues and Brown is trying to defend the signing by saying that.

Anyway, only time will tell. Welome back Russel and here's to an injury free future. :cheers:

Considine will still be the captain for the next 6 weeks at elast until Anderson is fit so it's not that big a deal. I'd be more concerned as to why he keeps mentioning good to have in the background and not just on the pitch. I think that shows he has fitness issues and Brown is trying to defend the signing by saying that.

Anyway, only time will tell. Welome back Russel and here's to an injury free future. :cheers:

A deal to end of season for now suggests not totally convinced full recovery from latest injury. Sensible from the club in that respect.

Aye, BBC wording is also:

"Russell Anderson has signed a deal with Aberdeen that will see the 33-year-old stay at Pittodrie until at least the end of next season."

Sounds like there must be a option in there for an extension as well.

Good to see Redweb on the ball as ever:

"The return of the 32 year old lifelong Aberdeen supporter is a huge lift to the Pittodrie club as manager Craig Brown outlines"

Original106 news say he is "two weeks from full fitness"

point still stands:

we have:

McArdle (who simply can NOT play full back...killie werent even tracking him towards the end as they knew he was doing nothing with the ball)

Mawene who is just too slow and essentially, rank

Considine who is improving

Reynolds who i like the look of

Anderson who could be a star signing

surely we'd be looking to punt at least 2 of these on and bring in full backs?

our bench on saturday (ie, with 5 "strikers" sums up the shocking imbalance of our squad)

Absolutely. One full back out and two central defenders in makes the imbalance worse for now. Can only assume more movement to sort this in last two weeks of transfer window. But then again said that mid August aswell.

Welcome back Russell , good signing IMO . On the captaincy issue , Considine is captain until Anderson returns , a position I'm sure was discussed with him . Secondly , the strikers Brown are looking at are with a view to the summer , not now .

Some people will try and twist anything to find a problem .

No need to twist anything.

Problem - Lack of full back(s), no width/no creativity.

Solution - Sign centre half.

As I say, I hope deals are imminent to address the current issues.

No need to twist anything.

Problem - Lack of full back(s), no width/no creativity.

Solution - Sign centre half.

As I say, I hope deals are imminent to address the current issues.

I mean the twisting of the looking for strikers story , made by some to look like we are signing strikers as a priority in this window . Brown has said we need width and is signing a winger . As for full backs , Robertson is a left back and is now playing there , Reynolds can play either . What's the big deal .

I mean the twisting of the looking for strikers story , made by some to look like we are signing strikers as a priority in this window . Brown has said we need width and is signing a winger . As for full backs , Robertson is a left back and is now playing there , Reynolds can play either . What's the big deal .

Big deal is we are ninth in the league and looking to improve.

In order to do this we need to sign full backs and wingers and as of yet, after 6 months we still havnt got any, infact less than we did 6 months ago

edit - I was wrong. He is coming in as captain. Very poor by AFC to announce that Considine was captain only to sign Anderson and make him the captain. I would imagine this was discussed though and Considine was probably given captains wages with his new deal?

The club never announced Considine as captain. He was announced as captain for the Killie game only. Considine will retain the captaincy I imagine until Anderson is back in the first team.

Scott Burns of the Daily Express (who seems to be hot on things at the moment) announced last week that Anderson would be made the club's captain when he signed. So it seems Considine was always aware that he'd be captain until Anderson's return.