Russell Anderson Signs!

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

most of our signings are gambles.

True. Days of us being sure we were getting quality are long gone... hell... who was the last? Hignett?

Osbournes injury history wasn't great but he's been good enough (matter of opinion of course)

Again true, but Osbourne at least had age on his side cf Anderson. Also the gamble is a bit more complex relating to Anderson: coming back a second time as a player when you're really well regarded and could potentially dull that a bit.

But his attitude and comments about walking make me more hopeful about this particular gamble.

True. Days of us being sure we were getting quality are long gone... hell... who was the last? Hignett?

Again true, but Osbourne at least had age on his side cf Anderson. Also the gamble is a bit more complex relating to Anderson: coming back a second time as a player when you're really well regarded and could potentially dull that a bit.

But his attitude and comments about walking make me more hopeful about this particular gamble.

Nothing's going to undo his first spell at the club though. I think we all know that this time around he's not going to be as good as he was back then but even recovering half of that form and influence would be a pleasant surprise.

If he doesn't and agrees to tear up his contract then who can have a go at us for trying.

• 4 months later...

In amongst all this RC chat the Dons signing front has been kept affa quiet.

Does anyone ken if AFC have looked to secure Anderson permantly from Derby?

I know we wanted Reynolds back and I wondered if this was in case we couldn't get Anderson permantly.

Jesus I cannot believe someone nibbled at that one.

Boat's Festival in a few weeks. :trophy:

Riordan anyone?

I can't believe we are looking at signing him. He was average at best the first time and thats before 10000000000000000000000000001 injuries to his already weakling knees. Couldn't tackle, couldn't head, couldn't read the game and Zander dragged him through games most of the time. If we are looking at bringing back a centre half from our past it HAS to be Zander or Maguire. No doubt neither will leave chesea or man city for us though. Which is a massive shame.

I can't believe we are looking at signing him. He was average at best the first time and thats before 10000000000000000000000000001 injuries to his already weakling knees. Couldn't tackle, couldn't head, couldn't read the game and Zander dragged him through games most of the time. If we are looking at bringing back a centre half from our past it HAS to be Zander or Maguire. No doubt neither will leave chesea or man city for us though. Which is a massive shame.

Erm hate to point it out but maguire is not a centre half.

He's a goalkeeper.