Russell Anderson Signs!

Better individual players now but last January our better balance meant we were a better team imo.

Think there is better spirit in the squad than under McGhee which helps. The balance of the team is a major concern to me, no full backs and no wide players apart from Pawlett. He's making us hard to beat but terrible to watch sadly.

Hopefully he will sign a few more players that play full back and wide player but i just don't know where he is going to get the cash to do this.

Anyway great interview with Anderson on Red TV.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about those who said we needed to beat Inverness because we wouldn't be taking anything from the following two games? :checkit:

Problem here is folk taking a myopic viewpoint and sticking to it rigidly, rather than just seeing how things go.

While we aren't as good as tup might suggest, we're nowhere near as bad as others make out either. The truth is we're somewhere in between, and the signs of improvement shown recently are enough for the team to get folk to stick with them rather than dismiss then.

Who were these people?

Who was left with egg on their face?

Think my prediction of 10 points must have been the lowest? We ended up with 11!

The truth is we are fucking shite and we have shown zero signs of being better than our current position.

Who were these people?

Who was left with egg on their face?

Think my prediction of 10 points must have been the lowest? We ended up with 11!

The truth is we are fucking shite and we have shown zero signs of being better than our current position.

I could be wrong here but weren't we bottom at one point this season?

we are now 9th and only a couple of points away from 6th

Bottom but always had a game in hand!

We just came through a run of games where we should have had 18 points at least.

we have won 1 of our last 6 at home (againt St Mirren, Hearts, Hibs, Killie, Motherwell and ?????) personally think thats fucking awful but if people can see that as an improvment than fair play to them.

Do you not think Considine, Vernon and Arnason make a half decent spine, for example?

The problems at present aren't what we have, what we have is not "fucking shite", it's what we lack and what we hope will be recitified (as partly done last January) that have us where we are at present.

Yes i do a tremendous spine, but where was considine playing a few games back! Left back

and arnie at centre back........

Verno left wing...........

Impossible to have a decent spine when you chop and change players because of our painfull lack of width.

We rectified the problem last january thats what makes this situation so frustrating, brown came in - seen our problems - fixed them.

Mawene, Falon, Osbourne, Gonzo, Clark were all players we did not need and wasted wages that would have been better used addressing our problem areas.

We were only 2 players away from having a pretty good team! Now i would say probably 4 maybes 5 away.

Bottom but always had a game in hand!

We just came through a run of games where we should have had 18 points at least.

we have won 1 of our last 6 at home (againt St Mirren, Hearts, Hibs, Killie, Motherwell and ?????) personally think thats fucking awful but if people can see that as an improvment than fair play to them.

Very low standards...I'd hate to see some of the howlers some on here have shagged if they accept for their cock what they do from their team

Decent to have Anderson back. For this season he is only a bonus ball signing..... but for next season I'd imagine him being fit to be first pick with Considine at centre back. Jack at right back and 6 months to source a reasonable left back. Reynolds in the meantime once everyone is fit.

With Mawene and Anderson both being 33 then you'd presume that it's curtains for Mawene at the end of the season. Jury out on Mcardle at the moment but I'd probably think he is on borrowed time aswell but you never know I wouldn't be against retaining him although I despise him at right back.

Very low standards...I'd hate to see some of the howlers some on here have shagged if they accept for their cock what they do from their team

not low standards at all. most of are aware that things don't happen overnight. going from bottom to 9th is an improvement whichever way its spun. Its a start, nobody on here is happy with where we sit, its just that some acknowledge an improvement even if it is a slight one.

I'll argue that if mawene wasnt injured and brown had him for selection we would still be in bottom 3.

Good argument Stoney...once again congrats on beating me into second in the award for "Most Negative poster 2011"...you're posts are almost as negitive as Broons game plan...he said having yet another dig at the old cu*t!!

What about those who said we needed to beat Inverness because we wouldn't be taking anything from the following two games? :checkit:

Problem here is folk taking a myopic viewpoint and sticking to it rigidly, rather than just seeing how things go.

While we aren't as good as tup might suggest, we're nowhere near as bad as others make out either. The truth is we're somewhere in between, and the signs of improvement shown recently are enough for the team to get folk to stick with them rather than dismiss then.

Best post I've seen on here in ages :applause:

We have too many strikers at the club, on the bench against Killie we had Fallon (average), Paton (shit), Megginson (not had a proper chance yet), Mackie (unbelievably shit) and Magennis (enthusiastic but still shit). That's 5/7 subs all strikers, hopefully this will be the last season of Mackie, Paton and Magennis.

Thought there were signs of improvement a while back but lately we are struggling more than ever creatively. Thankfully got some massive breaks and got points on board taking pressure right off but the last three home games have been as bad as anything ever before it.

Big big two weeks for Brown til window closes and then after three windows there can be no excuses for not having filled certain areas and moving this team on significantly.

I could be wrong here but weren't we bottom at one point this season?

we are now 9th and only a couple of points away from 6th

So 9th last season and new signings come in and we go bottom then move back up to 9th is being argued as some sort of progress? I despair!!

So 9th last season and new signings come in and we go bottom then move back up to 9th is being argued as some sort of progress? I despair!!

Maybe he is suggesting that we were bottom , with the doom-mongers saying thats were we would stay . We are now 9th and very close to the top 6th . That is progress . In this league 3 or 4 wins will take you top 4 or bottom . Fine margins .

I think we're showing signs of improving for sure.

When you consider some of the knee jerk nonsense seen just a few weeks ago when folk were dismissing any chance of hitting the top 6, we've done alright since then - shown by egg on a few faces in the last "how many points will we get from the next 6 games" thread.

I'd like to think we'd have some more balance by the end of January, however looking further forward the absolute key for me is to avoid having a massive turnover in players in the summer again, which will mean another uneccesary balancing act - happy to get rid of shite like Mackie, would rather retain McArdle as a CB also if not Arnason then Osbourne and all some pace and width.

Considine and Vernon signing on is a huge plus point in my view, if Anderson gets his fitness back (a big IF) then even more so.

Don't take this as endless positivity cause I know we've a long way to go, but then endless negativity for the sake of it isn't my thing either. What's done is done, as long as mistakes are learned from in the end then we can move forward from there.

Spot on with the comment about the turnover of players.

Every year there seems to be 9 leaving, 7 arriving etc.

We cant expect to grow as a team doing this every summer

not low standards at all. most of are aware that things don't happen overnight. going from bottom to 9th is an improvement whichever way its spun. Its a start, nobody on here is happy with where we sit, its just that some acknowledge an improvement even if it is a slight one.

You back going to games again? Last Ireland you weren't going back now as it is so shite?

Maybe he is suggesting that we were bottom , with the doom-mongers saying thats were we would stay . We are now 9th and very close to the top 6th . That is progress . In this league 3 or 4 wins will take you top 4 or bottom . Fine margins .

Who were these poeple who suggested we were going down?

Closer points wise to the league positions above us than we were though.

I'll save you writing your reply though.

"The league is shit, there's no chance on earth we're getting any better"

Already been there above. Dunfermline are absolute plum and are as good as relegated already imo. The rest from 3rd to 11th not great but all capable of beating each other on a given day.

Do you disagree that last three home games where we have mustered two shots on target from open play plus a pen we dived for is pretty much disgraceful?

Already said seen signs of improvement previously if you want to look but you se to have missed that and decide to try dig instead.

Possibly, but then if that was the case Clark would've featured more than he has.

Think the last two managers were more guilty of that than Broon tbh, just from memory though.

I don't think that's our biggest problem though, the square pegs in round holes situation is.

I don't see how he could. He's already featured far too many times imo & gotten games ahead of Pawlett (when fit) plenty times. Pawlett only getting last 10 min spells.

Now don't get me wrong, Pawlett has been pretty poor when he got his chances but he's ALWAYS a better option than Clark & given the same game time as Clark somehow was given, then he'd have proved this.

The only reason Clark has been getting games is cos he's older, 'experienced' :blahblah1: desperation through weakened (already weak) squad & cos Brown is desperate to justify blowing somewhere around £2k a week on a three year fkn deal for the guy.

Brown has made some good signings & deserves credit for them but the likes of Fallon & CHRIS FKN CLARK are serious fk ups & both have been given 2 & 3 year deals where as the decent signings have been given 1 year deals, now that tells me his faith is in the wrong type caliber of players & his eye for talent has been more lucky than good :dontknow:

Looking forward to next season, our squad as it stands will look like this:

GK: Brown

CB: Anderson, Considine

RB:

LB:

CM: Jack, Fyvie, Milsom, Robertson

RM: Pawlett,

LM:

CF: Vernon, Fallon, Paton, Megginson

Unsure: Clark

:itch-chin:

Brown

Jack Anderson Considine NEW

NEW Arnason Fyvie Milsom

Vernon Fallon

only really need to source a left back in the summer, find a right winger right now and re-sign Arnason..... once we are getting picky can then say new striker and some spare defenders.

I don't see how he could. He's already featured far too many times imo & gotten games ahead of Pawlett (when fit) plenty times. Pawlett only getting last 10 min spells.

Now don't get me wrong, Pawlett has been pretty poor when he got his chances but he's ALWAYS a better option than Clark & given the same game time as Clark somehow was given, then he'd have proved this.

The only reason Clark has been getting games is cos he's older, 'experienced' :blahblah1: desperation through weakened (already weak) squad & cos Brown is desperate to justify blowing somewhere around

I agree fully on Clark , never liked him first time round and is shitter now .

However this thing about our better players only getting 1 year deals , do you not think this is maybe because those better players would not under any circumstance (other than extra money we don't have!) sign for longer ?!

Yes very likely & the reason that the other two accepted longer deals is cos they know themselves they are shite & bit their hands off.

Milsom, Osbourne, Arnie & Chalali were all only offered one year deals though.

Milsom basically a trial til season end then won two year deal

Osbourne just over injuries so risky (fair enough)

Arnie was basically a trial as well imo seen as Hearts knocked him back (fair enough also)

& Chalali trial as unproven.

How the fk we thought the other pair were worth risking more than one year 'trial' also is fkn way beyond my understanding of it.

is this a team you would be happy with?

fallon as a first choice striker?

I'd be happy without Fallon, and Fyvie shouldn't start in CM ahead of Milsom or Jack.

A midfield of Pawlett, Jack, Arnie and Milsom and I'd be happy enough.

Vernon and someone good up front. Sutton?

Fyvie and a couple of others providing depth.

"It is nice to be back. It is a couple of weeks now we have been back in the city and it feels like I have never been away to be honest which I think is a good thing. I know there are a lot of players who have left, the changing room is not that familiar but the rest of the club has not changed that much, there are a lot of friends still here and it is nice to catch up with them again. "It was always my intention to come back to Aberdeen, it was just a matter of when. It has perhaps happened slightly quicker than I thought it would this season but circumstances were that it happened now.

"It made sense more me to do my rehab here because I know the physios here and have 100% confidence in them. I know they will give me as good a chance as possible of coming back. So that side of it was all very simple. Then when the club asked if I wanted to rejoin it was a no brainer for me.

"It felt right to come home.

"I did keep a keen interest on what was going on at the club. It was obviously easier for the family to come to games when the kids were back in Aberdeen during the school holidays. It was slightly harder for me to come to games but on a Saturday I kept an eye on the results to see how things were going. Also if any of the games were on TV we would all tune in.

"I think frustration is the word I would use to describe my time in England. It was very frustrating because of the injuries. In terms of the move itself we enjoyed going down there and we made a lot of friends and I would not change that. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, if I had known before hand how it would pan out football wise you might have thought twice, but looking at it I can't think I would have turned down the opportunity.

"It is still going to be a while yet before I am back. I don't want to put any pressure on by naming a comeback date because that just adds to the whole situation of people asking you when you are going to be fit. So it is still going to be weeks rather than days. One of the reasons I was so keen to come back was the confidence I have in the phyisos at the club. I have as good a chance of getting fit here than anywhere else.

"The main thing I can offer the team is experience. I know the club inside out. I have a great feeling for the club. I would just love to come back and play and be part of a successful team here.

"I would love to win something. I did not do it last time. I got close early in my career when we had the two cup finals, towards the end we were fairly successful in the league and consistent. Winning a cup is my main objective. You look at the other teams outside the Old Firm who have managed to do it, you think there is no reason why Aberdeen can't."

Russell want's to win things.

Considine is happy to get into the fabled top 6.

Playing a quotes thing here, but surely the bit in bold is what Considine should have said.

Considine wasn't my choice for Captain. Too quiet for my liking.

This was my opinion before Anderson re-signed.

I welcome Anderson back to the club, but will reserve judgement how how good a signing this will be until he proves his fitness and makes a positive impact.

Anderson is going to need games to get up to speed.

He'll make errors and mistakes. It's how he overcomes them that'll be the making of his 2nd spell at the club.