Russell Anderson Signs!

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Anderson... an honest pro with talent and something that most Aberdeen players lack... self-respect.

Making him captain makes sense, because I don't think he'll stand for players hiding or giving just enough to get by. He's a solid loon, and one of the older players on the team, he'll demand and get respect. I just hope he can get fit and stay that way. A fit Russell Anderson is worth any two defenders we currently employ, but an unfit Russell Anderson is a luxury this club can ill afford.

Broon, you better know what the fuck you're doing.

Welcome back Russ... by fuck we've missed you.

:thumbs:

Erm it's not really an argument, more just an opinion based on conjecture.

The rest of his argument is a good one and as much as I disagree at times I appreciate where he's coming from, however it's little surprise that Redstar sees negativity as something to congratulate and revel in, we not meant to be supporting the same team, no?

That's the most bizarre post award of 2012 sewn up by Redstar then.

Hello...have you difficulty with basic grammar?

"I'll argue that if mawene wasnt injured and brown had him for selection we would still be in bottom 3.

So in basic grammar starting a statement with I'd argue isn't construed as Stoney would get into an argument to defend his statement...lighten up pal...I want to see AFC do as well as the next man...but with Broon at the helm trying to justify the madness of signing Mawene by playing him whenever fit to try and prove he didn't make a colossal fu*k up by signing him...it ain't going to happen...fairly simple...I would have thought??

It doesn't make it an argument though, it's a guess with no basis in fact.

Something bad happens, it's because of Broon, something good happens then it's nothing to do with Broon or it's luck.

Right and somebody who doesn't going to games telling people who do definitively what's going to happen, yep OK.

Who dosen't go to games??...when I'm in the UK I go to games.

No-ones telling anybody what's going to happen??...as before lighten up...the reply to Stoney seems to have rankled you...nae really sure why?

It's unfortunate for me that I remember AFC when we were something...the current manager is an old timer out for one last payday and good luck to him... just don't expect me to congratulate him if every once in a while we get a result...

AFC should be top 4 every season...anything less should be considered a failure

Russell want's to win things.

Considine is happy to get into the fabled top 6.

Playing a quotes thing here, but surely the bit in bold is what Considine should have said.

Considine wasn't my choice for Captain. Too quiet for my liking.

This was my opinion before Anderson re-signed.

I welcome Anderson back to the club, but will reserve judgement how how good a signing this will be until he proves his fitness and makes a positive impact.

Anderson is going to need games to get up to speed.

He'll make errors and mistakes. It's how he overcomes them that'll be the making of his 2nd spell at the club.

just because Considine said he wants to make the top six does not mean thats the extent of his ambition. I'd say right now the aim is to make it there and spring on from that.

oh and Anderson was not exactly vocal when he was captain either.

not saying that considine should be captain just think people take certain comments the wrong way

Just thought the boner and subsequent back slapping you got from that post was a bit bizarre, considering you claim you want what's best for AFC above being negative about the manager - doesn't always come across in your posts.

Fair fucks if that's what you think - personally I'm fairly non plussed about Brown either way but try and put him to one side and appreciate the positives and negatives. Each to their own pal.

I thought Stoney's post was fairly amussing...his ability to see the negitive in absolutly everything made me laugh..sorry for that.

Broons football managment by numbers strategy is verging on the ridiculous now...naming Considine as captain one day and signing Anderson as captain the next,mentioning the boy from Falkirk as a potential signing along with some punter from borussia m

Anycunt mind Russell Anderson's son playing football at Pittodrie during half-time of his testimonial against Everton? The wee fair-haired loon, presumably no older than about 5 or 6, running rings around all the other wee bairns, I was like 'sign that lad up now!" haha.

Cole, now with the under 11's.

and Jevon is now with the 12's

I thought Stoney's post was fairly amussing...his ability to see the negitive in absolutly everything made me laugh..sorry for that.

Broons football managment by numbers strategy is verging on the ridiculous now...naming Considine as captain one day and signing Anderson as captain the next,mentioning the boy from Falkirk as a potential signing along with some punter from borussia m

couple of questions

1. did Broon actually name Considine as the permanent captain??

2. did you not have go at broon previously for not talking enough about transfers?????

I've certainly had a go at him about blabbering shite to the press on a regular basis...on transfer's...not so sure...

Action's speak louder than words though...the chances of us signing either of the 2 mentioned are zero...so situation normal for the Broonr talking complete bollox

I've certainly had a go at him about blabbering shite to the press on a regular basis...on transfer's...not so sure...

Action's speak louder than words though...the chances of us signing either of the 2 mentioned are zero...so situation normal for the Broonr talking complete bollox

holy shit you just can't help it can you.

:spanner: :spanner: :spanner: :spanner:

couple of questions

1. did Broon actually name Considine as the permanent captain??

2. did you not have go at broon previously for not talking enough about transfers?????

i don't think considine has been officially named the new captain, i remember when kerr and hartley were named captain there was an article on red web with a history of previous captains and their successes (or failures!) at the club.

think the media have just took the hint and made assumptions after the killie game.

i don't think considine has been officially named the new captain, i remember when kerr and hartley were named captain there was an article on red web with a history of previous captains and their successes (or failures!) at the club.

think the media have just took the hint and made assumptions after the killie game.

The BBC ran a story with quotes from Considine on how honoured he was to be named captain??

as far as Iknow he was named captain for the killie game. he was not named club captain permanently.

BBC are usually fairly acurate in their reporting 16/01/12

Andrew Considine has set his sights on leading Aberdeen into the top six after being handed the captain's armband.

The 24-year-old, who this week signed a contract extension which will keep him at Pittodrie until 2015, led the Dons in their goalless draw with Kilmarnock.

"The people who have captained this club are legends so it's an absolute honour to be given the armband," said the defender.

And he was given the armband for the Killie game, nothing there confirms it was permanent.

Considine was given the captaincy following Richard Foster's departure to Bristol City.

And he is hoping to steer the Dons to a first victory over Rangers at Ibrox since 1991 next weekend.

Considine will still be the captain for the next 6 weeks at elast until Anderson is fit so it's not that big a deal. I'd be more concerned as to why he keeps mentioning good to have in the background and not just on the pitch. I think that shows he has fitness issues and Brown is trying to defend the signing by saying that.

Anyway, only time will tell. Welome back Russel and here's to an injury free future. :cheers:

(havn't read whole thread so apologies if gone over)

I wouldn't, to me that's a clear sign that some/many of the players havn't exactly been pulling in the right direction for the club (Foster?), whereas Anderson is back in town, and before he's even signed he's sitting with the fans in the RDS for the Utd game. There's a guy who is a fan, and will pull in the right direction, and as the oldest player in our team, should carry some gravitas over enthusiasm hoovers like Clangers.

(havn't read whole thread so apologies if gone over)

I wouldn't, to me that's a clear sign that some/many of the players havn't exactly been pulling in the right direction for the club (Foster?), whereas Anderson is back in town, and before he's even signed he's sitting with the fans in the RDS for the Utd game. There's a guy who is a fan, and will pull in the right direction, and as the oldest player in our team, should carry some gravitas over enthusiasm hoovers like Clangers.

Here's hoping that he can do what last few managers, assistants and captains (even Hartley) seemingly have failed to do then.

Here's hoping that he can do what last few managers, assistants and captains (even Hartley) seemingly have failed to do then.

Aye true, but Anderson's in a great position, Kerr - gone, Mulgrew - gone, Aluko - gone, Bebo - gone, Foster - gone, in addition he's got great material in Milsom, Arnie, Considine, Vernon, Chilali, Ozzie, McArdle at least who all seem to be very much more committed than some of the previous wage thieves we've had latterly.

We may still be playing dull as fuck fitba that anyone who lived through Craig Brown's Scotland tenure would have predicted, but at least the club seems to be turning the personnel around into a more positive unit mentally.

i for 1 am chuft this legend and hero of mine is back. the man would play barefoot on a carpark littered with glass for the dons and knows what it means to play for us. can't wait for him to return and i can only see considine upping his game another level or 2 with big russ beside him, remember how good he made plug look, and how tits up did he go when anderson left. fair play to you mr brown, this is a cracking bit of business.