Paul Lawrie's Corner

I think big E could go close this year if his putter is on fire, and you cannot leave Tiger out of the equation this year, if he leaves his drive in vegas.

Enough of the jive talk.

If it's Westwood and rap you want to talk about, there's a Moyles thread for disc jockey discourse.

Never played it, but believe fairways are quite wide and greens are pretty soft with all the rain recently. Believe its also not that windy either. = low scoring for Professionals.

Pretty much what they said on the radio last night.

Calm conditions - low scoring.

Hopefully we'll see the wind pick up today, make it a little tougher for them.

Birdied the 18th, his 9th, but needs to come home in 33 to have any chance of making the cut.

Playing partner Mickelsen buzzing today.

Birdies the last to finish at -2, tied 78th, cut predicted at -3, doubt the wind will get up enough this afternoon to squeeze in.

Made an erse of the 18th yesterday Paul, that's what cost ya!!

Birdied the 18th, his 9th, but needs to come home in 33 to have any chance of making the cut.

Playing partner Mickelsen buzzing today.

Birdies the last to finish at -2, tied 78th, cut predicted at -3, doubt the wind will get up enough this afternoon to squeeze in.

Made an erse of the 18th yesterday Paul, that's what cost ya!!

Hit it lovely today but missed so many putts again could easily have been 7 or 8 shots better over the two days but everyone could say that I suppose , For some reason was coming up and out of putts and missing them to the right so will work on it this weekend , good thing is I ripped it off the tee never missed a fairway Might head down to watch afc tomorrow.

Paul

How many practice rounds do you reckon you'll need at Lytham?

Do you rely on your old course notes, yardages etc etc from 2001, or is it a start again job? Sounds like changes to 3 or 4 holes, new tees etc.

Stick in anyway.

Will play Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning with yardage book from this year no old notes

I'm due a good open havnt had one for a while

Paul

Aye had it on sky go at work today Paul, you were very unlucky on the greens but there were quite a few the same.

Know a green keeper there and know the amount of treatment & chemicals those greens (and fairways to a lesser extent) have had this year is immense. I'm actually surprised how well they are holding up.

Molinari yesterday utterly tore the course to shreds but today was nowhere near as good. Then today mickelson and his dodgy left handedness seemed unable to make a bad shot. I reckon it's there for a consistent player, someone who doesn't score phenomenal but grinds out birdies and pars.

Aye had it on sky go at work today Paul, you were very unlucky on the greens but there were quite a few the same.

Know a green keeper there and know the amount of treatment & chemicals those greens (and fairways to a lesser extent) have had this year is immense. I'm actually surprised how well they are holding up.

Molinari yesterday utterly tore the course to shreds but today was nowhere near as good. Then today mickelson and his dodgy left handedness seemed unable to make a bad shot. I reckon it's there for a consistent player, someone who doesn't score phenomenal but grinds out birdies and pars.

Watch yersel Tainboy the way Paul was putting he'll be badgering you for a lesson. ;)

Will play Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning with yardage book from this year no old notes

I'm due a good open havnt had one for a while

Paul

You gonna be out very early on Wednesday?

I'm staying nearby on Tuesday night so hoping to get to the course very early on Wednesday. I presume there's no chance of getting in before the gates officially open?