Paul Lawrie's Corner

Paul,

Is my memory playing up or did you used to kick around in a porsche or maybe a ferrari a few years back?

Do you still have a hankering for a sporty motor?

Yeah had a Porsche and a couple of Ferraris over the years but now I have a range rover which is big and comfy for my fat ass.

Paul

• Upvote 2

Hi paul, just wondering what sort of prep do you do in a morning before a round like tomorrows? Do the nerves kick in aswell, especially after seeing that shot out of the bunker Tiger played today, also what sort of food do you tend to eat before a round?

Hope you don't mind, just interested in the whole routine.

Hi paul, just wondering what sort of prep do you do in a morning before a round like tomorrows? Do the nerves kick in aswell, especially after seeing that shot out of the bunker Tiger played today, also what sort of food do you tend to eat before a round?

Hope you don't mind, just interested in the whole routine.

We tee off at 3pm tomorrow so will have long lie then some breakfast and watch some DVDs for a while then head up to course around 12pm for some lunch , will do some short game and putting then have snack before going to range to hit balls before tee off , no matter how many tournaments you play nerves still play a part but nerves are good makes you focus ,

Paul

We tee off at 3pm tomorrow so will have long lie then some breakfast and watch some DVDs for a while then head up to course around 12pm for some lunch , will do some short game and putting then have snack before going to range to hit balls before tee off , no matter how many tournaments you play nerves still play a part but nerves are good makes you focus ,

Paul

you forgot coming on here, or is that only after a day's play?

All the best for tomorrow.

Cant beat a long lie at the weekend. Great insight to the life of professional golf. What about after the round? Is it a few pints in the bar? Saw McElroy spent ages on the practice after he finished today so he never went to the bar. What about Jimenez, bet he's a good laugh to have a pint with.

Anyway, for what it's worth, keep it steady tomorrow, Sunday's the big day.

Paul

Cheers for the reply, do you just eat what you want or anything that you need to have? All the best for tomorrow.

Good work - 5th place nicely positioned. Another round like Thursdays on Saturday and we can look forward to a good Sunday of golf. Was surprised Scott finished well yesterday and Snedeker's front 9 was great to watch. Hopefully Tiger's recent major weekend form continues.

Paul, when you win your next major I hope you dedicate it to Davis twatface Love.

Cheers for the reply, do you just eat what you want or anything that you need to have? All the best for tomorrow.

I pretty much eat what I like but on the course I have a banana on the first tee,half a powerbar on the fifth tee, a banana on the tenth tee and the other half of powerbar on the fourteenth tee which means I have a regular small snack so I don't get hungry with loads of water obviously

Paul

Cant beat a long lie at the weekend. Great insight to the life of professional golf. What about after the round? Is it a few pints in the bar? Saw McElroy spent ages on the practice after he finished today so he never went to the bar. What about Jimenez, bet he's a good laugh to have a pint with.

Anyway, for what it's worth, keep it steady tomorrow, Sunday's the big day.

This week it's a pint of Guinness as they don't have belhaven best here , Jimenez is a good lad and a character who loves his wine and cigars

Paul

Has Paul pulled out of tourney? I ask as been watching about an hour and not seen him once yet, despite being in 3rd last group!!

BBC coverage has been terrible. You would think would show the british players but its all about the last 2 groups. Paul great shot in the 9th was showed a lot later too and didn't even show the putt.

Oh the showed paul line up his shot but went away to show other footage

Has Paul pulled out of tourney? I ask as been watching about an hour and not seen him once yet, despite being in 3rd last group!!

At least they let you see him taking all that putts on the 18th green, that was more shots than they showed of his in the 17 holes before that! :nono:

Never mind Paul, get tore in about it tomorrow, stranger things have happened, Aberdeen scored 12 (twelve) goals today in one match!

Looked like a similiar putting round today as last week at Castle Stuart; up and out of the putts, Paul?

Today was by far the worst I have ever putted in a tournament I think I had 40 putts actually hit it pretty good. Sooooooo frustrating. If I had a spare putter today's one would have been in bits

Paul

Today was by far the worst I have ever putted in a tournament I think I had 40 putts actually hit it pretty good. Sooooooo frustrating. If I had a spare putter today's one would have been in bits

Paul

At least you didn't get as desperate as Mickelson did on Friday and resort to using the claw grip halfway through the round. :)