Paul Lawrie's Corner

This week it's a pint of Guinness as they don't have belhaven best here , Jimenez is a good lad and a character who loves his wine and cigars

Paul

Best. The drink of champions :)

Putting seen you wa wrong Paul, bad luck on the greens. You sure you don't want that lesson ;-)

Cheers for the replies this week, Paul.

West Highland Way this week, is it?

No problem

Yeah we are walking the great glen from fort William to Inverness starting Tuesday morning all monies raised split between our foundation and the beatson hospital where Adam hunter was treated

Today was similar story to yesterday hit it good but struggled with putter again so looking forward to no golf for a week

Paul

Paul

I was watching today and saw some of the pairs had good interaction with one another, and were yapping away - including Gmac really trying to get Scott going from the 16 onwards, wishing him luck - and trying to gee him up a bit. Who's the best player you've been paired with for a good yap, is there anyone you've played with and came away thinking 'you're a prick'?

I've been told Zach Johnson is a bit of a bell end and lots of players don't enjoy being paired with him as he has 'dull chat'.

Unlucky this weekend, seemed pretty tough today for most players barring Colsaerts who was

brilliant.

I pretty much get on with everyone but haegmann is awful to play with as really slow and never shuts up and Kevin na is awful and unbelievably slow

Zach Johnston is actually a decent guy to be honest

Yeah just putting again this week so frustrating as hit it ok

Paul

Well done to Els like, top guy.

Still can't quite believe Adam didn't win , poor bogey at 16 and surprising club selection off the last tee it's either short of left bunker or driver past them all very strange to hit three wood off there

Paul

I don't think Ernie could believe it either... He was right in his speech when he said it was a gift. I don't think anyone wants to win like that. I think everyone would have wanted a play off...

If anyone's got the snippet of Peter Alliss going "Oh Shut Up when someone shouts 'It's In The Hole" that they used in the highlights package I'd be grateful.

• Admin

I pretty much get on with everyone but haegmann is awful to play with as really slow and never shuts up and Kevin na is awful and unbelievably slow

Zach Johnston is actually a decent guy to be honest

Yeah just putting again this week so frustrating as hit it ok

Paul

Well done to Els like, top guy.

Evening Express exclusive tomorrow. :charlie:

Well played this week Paul.

Take it your playing the PGA next month?

Did u get interviewed by that daft wifey working for the BBC at all?

Some of her questions to the players were embarrassing.

Worst one was minutes after Adam Scott walked off the 18th and she says to him 'that run of 3 bogeys didn't help' :)

Well played this week Paul.

Take it your playing the PGA next month?

Did u get interviewed by that daft wifey working for the BBC at all?

Some of her questions to the players were embarrassing.

Worst one was minutes after Adam Scott walked off the 18th and she says to him 'that run of 3 bogeys didn't help' :)

How bad was she? Difficult time to know what to say to Adam Scott but her questions every time she interviewed someone had me cringing.

How bad was she? Difficult time to know what to say to Adam Scott but her questions every time she interviewed someone had me cringing.

Week off this week for our walk then bridgestone invitational and PGA in the states

Yeah she was poor never seen her before Questions to Adam were out of order but he's a good guy so answered them

Paul

Yer loons doing well this week, Paul.

You reckon any of them have a future in the game?

yeah craig played well to win his first match in scottish matchplay and michael the young one has qualified for brora matchplay also this week so there both going well

difficult to say if either of them good enough time will tell but they both fancy being pros so hopefully they will

paul

You ever played in Iceland Paul? My mate's a decent player, teaching pro up there, think he's also part of the Icelandic PGA setup. Always fancied playing golf at midnight up there. :)

never been to iceland but if they put on tour event i'll be there , must be a short golfing season

paul