Paul Lawrie's Corner

Ever read 'Putting out of your mind' by Rotella Paul? Cos seriously, you are the anti-Rotella. Read it last winter, been putting like god all season, pma loon, pma.

have read all of rotellas books there all very good, have worked with him off and on for years he spoke at my foundation dinner one year at the marclife

spoke to him for an hour last night and for 45 mins today as been struggling mentally for a few weeks hopefully will be better this week

paul

Playing with one of my favourite players on the tour right now Paul, good ol' Noren - love the guys style, and especially putting stroke, when it's on form, it's really on form.

All the best today and for the weekend.

He's playing with Watney and Rose.

Switched over to see You Sane Bolt and on my return to SS1, delighted to see another birdie, this time at 7.

However, just after you hit it in, you looked up at the crowd as if someone had spoken during your putt. Then walked away shakin yer heid.

The only other golfer in history who did this was your old pal Monty. They reckoned he could hear butterfly wings at 50 paces.

You've been doing exactly this almost every week on our tellies for a few months now. Hope Rotella tells you to stop it.

EDIT: Sky have now decided it was a par at 7, not birdie!

Yeah sorry for shaking my head at someone for making an unbelievable racket while im trying to putt how dare i eh ........... give yoursell a shake

paul

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

More than half-way up the field Paul, solid round on Friday and I can look forward to a weekend in front of the telly watching the golf again! One over is solid at the USPGA first round.

Them septics aren't the best for etiquette are they? Same with Aussies - played on a course once there - was so noisy it was actually off-putting when there was a quiet spot.

I reckon 10 under will win it.

Think Paul was about 92nd when he finished an hour ago. Up to 75th already so should be well inside the cut line by the end of the 2nd round.

No many rounds under par today, Mickelson looked in trouble every time the cameras were on him but he's right in contention. Great round from Vijay as well.

Could be a brutal weekend if the weather stays the way it is.

Good end to the week Paul, and surely that's you cemented your place in the Ryder Cup.

EDIT Oops, apart from the 17th

Yeah pity about 17th yesterday battle your bollocks off all week then take triple at 71st hole but that's the game eh

Ryder cup should be guarantee now but will hopefully have a good week at gleneagles

Paul