Paul Lawrie's Corner

Paul if you had to pick the two wild cards, who would you pick.

and i take it you will be delighted to play under Olly's leadership, for me a captain who will have the total respect from ALL players, would that be correct?

Don't go booting fuck out of anymore porta-loo doors just incase Olly is taking a dump or your plane ticket might not turn up for Chicago ;)

Paul if you had to pick the two wild cards, who would you pick.

and i take it you will be delighted to play under Olly's leadership, for me a captain who will have the total respect from ALL players, would that be correct?

picks right now are very easy its colsaerts and poulter for me

jose maria is awesome every player respects him total legend cant wait

paul

picks right now are very easy its colsaerts and poulter for me

jose maria is awesome every player respects him total legend cant wait

paul

Of all the picks who would you like to play doubles with. I know that's not the right term as it's fourball or texas scramble or whatever but you know what I mean.

Paul i am just going to start reading mark James book "the Bear Pit" about that Ryder cup in Brookline, we all know the Americans were lambasted for thier antics but as someone who was there, which player was the worst and which players were respectful, i have always thought that Leonard, is a t**t and he came across as that, and i was disapoointed with the way Payne Stewart came across always struck me as the consumate professional until that day.

Paul i am just going to start reading mark James book "the Bear Pit" about that Ryder cup in Brookline, we all know the Americans were lambasted for thier antics but as someone who was there, which player was the worst and which players were respectful, i have always thought that Leonard, is a t**t and he came across as that, and i was disapoointed with the way Payne Stewart came across always struck me as the consumate professional until that day.

Cant really answer that as press could read it, but payne stewart was very patriotic but helped monty during the singles when it got really bad, even though it got ugly i really enjoyed 99 it was great to be part of just wished we hadn't lost

paul

Of all the picks who would you like to play doubles with. I know that's not the right term as it's fourball or texas scramble or whatever but you know what I mean.

I dont mind who i play with but if jose picks colsaerts i think him and i could do good together as we get on really well but who knows until you try it eh

Surely Paul Casey deserves a wild card, he's in great form :)

Poulter and Colsaerts for me aswell, seems an obvious choice, only other player worth considering is Harrington which is a shame really, too many top players like Casey, Fisher, Stenson and Karlsson been out of form for a couple of years. Kaymar not playing this week either which is a bit risky for him.

Gotta say though the American team is looking very stong, you've got the likes of Mahan, Stricker, Furyk, Fowler, Dustin Johnson, Watney, Haas and Snedeker all fighting over 4 wildcard places.

Mickelson could yet miss out which might be a bonus for them.

Jimenez to get the final vice captains role i'd imagine.

All the best this week Paul

Mickelson will be an obvious pick, he will be there whether he qualifies or not.

A few weeks back I'd have said USA at a canter, but some Europeans coming into form at the right time, though to counter that Westwood has gone totally hoop.

Phil's already qualified. I think the big question in the US team is whether the final pick goes to Fowler or DJ.

I just seen a perfect putt at 7 that didn't drop and wondered if he wanted to share his impressions of it. If he wants to, he will, If he doesn't, he won't. I don't see the problem of sharing points of discussion on a public forum? What is the problem? If any of you guys are watching it too, you might have an opinion to share too?

Never seen the putt, big drive over the corner though. The approach was a brave line although my first feeling is that it was a bit of a push. ;)

:laughing: I reckon you could be getting pelters for this een!

roberto, nice contribution again. You still hurting? You're obviously still unable to use a public forum for what it is intended. Thanks for polluting the thread you mong. And as for asking about cash for the Ryder Cup, it may be of interest to some of you but a little bit crass and inappropriate to ask in my opinion.

That was Daytripping nae Roberto. :dc:

I'll keep you right Rocket. :thumbs:

Paul now you've definitely qualified for the Ryder Cup and so can take it a little easier in the build up is there any chance of giving Tainboy that golf lesson? ;)