Paul Lawrie's Corner

Aberdeen manager Craig Brown has an injury concern after seeing left-back Gary Naysmith hobble off with a hamstring injury.

He said: "He is despondent as he thinks he could be out for a while. I think three games in a week, including extra time, took its toll on Gary.

"Gary didn't come in until halfway through the pre-season. Archie Knox's pre-season is superb and had he been here from the start then three games in a week would have been easy for him.''

The Dons boss praised his players after the match and felt they were unfortunate not to take all three points.

Brown said: "I was very proud of the team today. It took us 25 minutes or so to get bedded in but for the last hour or so I thought we were the dominant team. I think had we lost the goal at the end it would have been a real travesty. I can't fault the team in any way apart from the lack of goals.''

Brown sent a message of congratulation to Aberdeen golfer and Dons fan Paul Lawrie for winning the Johnnie Walker Championship at Gleneagles and said he hoped his side could replicate the success.

He added: "It is a fantastic achievement. Paul was at our game against St Johnstone last Saturday with his son Michael. He texts me regularly and he can be quite a critic!

"After the training yesterday morning, Archie Knox and I went down to Gleneagles to watch him play the back nine. There was a good Aberdeen support down there for him and Alex McLeish was there as well.

"He supports us and we support him. He is successful and we are trying to be successful.''

:laughing::laughing:

Get wired into the old duffer Paul.

A text message saying Chris Clark should never wear an Aberdeen strip ever again would be a good starter.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

:laughing: I reckon you could be getting pelters for this een!

roberto, nice contribution again. You still hurting? You're obviously still unable to use a public forum for what it is intended. Thanks for polluting the thread you mong. And as for asking about cash for the Ryder Cup, it may be of interest to some of you but a little bit crass and inappropriate to ask in my opinion.

Radar said of Paul's putt at 10 that also missed right that it was a misread and Ewen Murray said that he was amazed how many putts were being missed on the high side today. Unlike 1 & 6, I also thought it was a pure strike so I would have to agree with the commentators on that one.

It appears that Paul (in his interview) and both David Livingston and Richard Boxall (in their comment directly afterwards) do feel that getting the Ryder Cup qualification out of the way has been a help to his game this week. Livingston made a great observation regarding the adverse weather that has hit this afternoon and is forecast this weekend so whoever it was who got 33/1 this week are sitting on great value right now.

On this thread - and if it may be of interest to any other Dons fans on here, with apologies to the guys who don't want any more detail other than the scores - the best putting display I ever witnessed was when Paul won the inaugural Dunhill using the two ball putter, the first one I think we'd ever seen in world golf at the time. I saw every shot he hit that week and I wonder if this last 9 months or so and the fact that he's now using it again is no small coincidence.

On thing I think gets overlooked was in the play-off in 99 at Carnoustie. We all remember the awesome 4 iron at the last but I was right behind the line of the putt at 17, the third play off hole and when vdv holed, it took some guts to follow him in. To me, that putt at 17 was crucial and doesn't get talked about as much as the penultimate shot at 18.

was it nae a 5 iron?

On thing I think gets overlooked was in the play-off in 99 at Carnoustie. We all remember the awesome 4 iron at the last but I was right behind the line of the putt at 17, the third play off hole and when vdv holed, it took some guts to follow him in. To me, that putt at 17 was crucial and doesn't get talked about as much as the penultimate shot at 18.

What I enjoyed most about the 17th in the play off in 1999 was when VDV holed his putt, he gave our Paul the clenched fist salute. When Paul followed him in, he gave him the clenched fist salute back. :hysterical: :hysterical:

Paul,

When you win a tournament is the first thing to come into your mind the money you've won or does the sporting conquest and trophy come first?

I can see how winning a major would be for the accolade but for the other tournies in between i'm not so sure.

It's about the money when you havnt got much money but it's all about the winning now

Paul.

Paul,

When you win a tournament is the first thing to come into your mind the money you've won or does the sporting conquest and trophy come first?

I can see how winning a major would be for the accolade but for the other tournies in between i'm not so sure.

It's about the money when you havnt got much money but it's all about the winning now

Paul.

:applause:

Brilliant. :laughing: :laughing: