Paul Lawrie's Corner

Playing 3 more before Dubai starting in Portugal this week , prize money is paid roughly 2weeks after you win it and taxed as normal but I'm nae an accountant or a woman so have nae idea

Played with Luis figo this morning great guy but nae a golfer

Paul.

He is a hopeless ping pong player as well.

Playing 3 more before Dubai starting in Portugal this week , prize money is paid roughly 2weeks after you win it and taxed as normal but I'm nae an accountant or a woman so have nae idea

Paul.

cheers Paul, always wondered how long the dosh took to get into th bank....good luck one decent finish should nail doon the top 60? did you ask Figo about the pigs heed being thrown at him?

• Admin

Paul.

Was worth a try, Paul. :laughing:

Golf: Paul Lawrie wants Luis Figo at Aberdeen

1251973916.jpg

Paul Lawrie teed up with Luis Figo at the pro-am for the Portugal Masters yesterday then joked that he had tried to persuade the former Barcelona and Real Madrid great to sign for Aberdeen.

Lawrie is in the Algarve this week but his thoughts did not stray far from his native North-east. The former Open champion is a season ticket holder at Pittodrie and while the opportunity to play with Figo was warmly welcomed, the Scot advised the Portuguese legend to stick to the day job.

Lawrie tweeted: “Played with Luis Figo in pro am this morning. Great guy but nae a golfer. Lol.”

He later joked: “I offered Figo Derek McInnes’ mobile number but he said I would be no good to him.”

[source]

Paul

I was thinking the other day about all these silent auctions and people who bid to play with you in a 4 ball, Im sure many a company or rich person bids 5k or so for the pleasure, but the normal punter in the street, you know the guys who watch you on sky and buy tickets to come and see you at the scottish open and shit, they dinna really get a chance to do that, so with that in mind, have you ever thought about teaming up with the EE or something to have a random raffle draw to play golf with you and maybe Stephen Gallacher, just say it was £5 a pop for a ticket, Im sure you would get at least 5,000 golfers in the NE open to buying a raffle ticket., raising £25k for yer foundation.

If not, fancy 9 holes on Sunday at your place, maybe about noon? I'll take my loon ( hes 9) and I'll buy the breakfast?

let me ken

Diamonds.....

You were looking suave and debonair last night on Sky min, lovely three piece number. Nice to see local loon David Law getting talked up too.

The first attempt on the driving simulator had stewards enquiry written all over it! As you said, it looked rigged in favour of the sky golf analyst. Any idea who Coltart supports?