Paul Lawrie's Corner

Shallow end would do as he's nae the tallest.

I'm 5'11 which is more than enough to bring down the tallest drinks of water out there. For instance, you, if you're bigger than that.

I'f you're taller than that you are officially a streak of pish, probably with size 18 feet and pipe cleaner legs.

Any smaller than 5'9 and you are a disgrace to humanity.

I'm like Clint Eastwood, serene and measured, but ready for trouble 24/7, and no stranger to my fists if need be.

If you think I'm small, wait until you get round to attending that pint, next Aberdeen game you attend, and we'll have a square go beforehand just to settle the nerves and set the ground rules straight away.

I'm 5'11 which is more than enough to bring down the tallest drinks of water out there. For instance, you, if you're bigger than that.

I'f you're taller than that you are officially a streak of pish, probably with size 18 feet and pipe cleaner legs.

Any smaller than 5'9 and you are a disgrace to humanity.

I'm like Clint Eastwood, serene and measured, but ready for trouble 24/7, and no stranger to my fists if need be.

If you think I'm small, wait until you get round to attending that pint, next Aberdeen game you attend, and we'll have a square go beforehand just to settle the nerves and set the ground rules straight away.

Any shorter than 6'2 meets my definition of a midget. There's nothing wrong with being a little person Tup. Just don't go around with that terrier attitude of thinking you're a wee hard man who punches above his weight... no-one is buying into it.

Yap, yap, yap!

Playing with Lee Westwood at 2pm looking forward to it ,then home to watch Scottish boys at murcar

Paul

Really admire your dedication to Scottish grass roots golf Paul. All the best tonight and I hope you stuff Westwood. Just remind Lee that he can't putt and you'll pump him.

Its actually a great draw for you I'd imagine as the Yanks will be focusing on their own and should leave you and Lee to fly under the radar as to speak. Stick in and no matter what position you finish just remember that you've already done Scotland proud.

Just one last thing, do you remember Gerry Reilly? He's now professional at Lochwinnoch and a gentleman, is boy is in the field at Murcar next week and hitting it well.

Aye Jose was saying on the BBC that you're looking good for a Ryder Cup place... Let's make it happen !

Hugely disappointing day, short game for some reason was awful 1/9 up and downs !!!!

And again struggled with the putter but overall was in the top ten for three days so some positives

Looking forward to walking round with our youngest son tomorrow at murcar as he's playing Scottish boys,

His older brother got beat this morning which he's gutted about but that's golf

Paul.

Hugely disappointing day, short game for some reason was awful 1/9 up and downs !!!!

And again struggled with the putter but overall was in the top ten for three days so some positives

Looking forward to walking round with our youngest son tomorrow at murcar as he's playing Scottish boys,

His older brother got beat this morning which he's gutted about but that's golf

Paul.

Paul,

always great watching you, top 25 in a major cant be all bad....but I think yer game over the 4 days deserved better, that must be a positive.

now how about this afc polo shirt on the final day min?

• 3 weeks later...

Giving the US Open a miss, Paul?

When you say the course setup doesn't suit you, what do you mean? Is it cos they normally have the US Open setup with small greens with a thick layer of rough on the aprons? I'd have thought with your short game, it would have suited you?

yeah not playing us open, i havnt tried to qualify for years,courses are set up with narrow fairways very thick rough and my record in that event is very poor just doesnt suit me and main goal now is making ryder cup team so better to have that week off and play bmw through to the open instead of flying to the states for a week , some people going to find that strange which i understand but makes perfect sense to me

cheers paul

yeah not playing us open, i havnt tried to qualify for years,courses are set up with narrow fairways very thick rough and my record in that event is very poor just doesnt suit me and main goal now is making ryder cup team so better to have that week off and play bmw through to the open instead of flying to the states for a week , some people going to find that strange which i understand but makes perfect sense to me

cheers paul

But youve been driving the ba so well Paul, isnt it the right time for you to have a go at the us open? especially with your game ( especially tee to green) being as good as it ever has been?

plenty o yanks have given our open a miss through the years I suppose :dontknow::dontknow:

But youve been driving the ba so well Paul, isnt it the right time for you to have a go at the us open? especially with your game ( especially tee to green) being as good as it ever has been?

plenty o yanks have given our open a miss through the years I suppose :dontknow::dontknow:

its more about the schedule than the course set up as its really three weeks as you cant play the week before and your knackered the week after so its better to miss us open and be fresh for the four big weeks after it especially as i have chance of ryder cup

obviously the us press are giving me grief saying im scared of the set up etc everyone entitled to their opinion i suppose

its more about the schedule than the course set up as its really three weeks as you cant play the week before and your knackered the week after so its better to miss us open and be fresh for the four big weeks after it especially as i have chance of ryder cup

obviously the us press are giving me grief saying im scared of the set up etc everyone entitled to their opinion i suppose

I'm sure your no bothered about upsetting a few Fanks Paul. They will be more upset when they get spanked in the Ryder Cup. Hopefully your in the team.

cool, would love for you to be oot there and ramin it doon their throats, but you'll have that luxury at the ryder cup!