Paul Lawrie's Corner

yeah not playing us open, i havnt tried to qualify for years,courses are set up with narrow fairways very thick rough and my record in that event is very poor just doesnt suit me and main goal now is making ryder cup team so better to have that week off and play bmw through to the open instead of flying to the states for a week , some people going to find that strange which i understand but makes perfect sense to me

cheers paul

its more about the schedule than the course set up as its really three weeks as you cant play the week before and your knackered the week after so its better to miss us open and be fresh for the four big weeks after it especially as i have chance of ryder cup

obviously the us press are giving me grief saying im scared of the set up etc everyone entitled to their opinion i suppose

Any idea why Paul

• 2 weeks later...

unlucky Paul, good effort yesaterday and all week, thought you had it in the bag...what happened with your 3rd on the 18th in regulation play?

Did the wind get up as you were hitting your shot?

Yeah thanks was really pissed off as should have won but still another good week

It was pouring with rain for third shot and only had 96 yards to pin and hit gap wedge nice and low but went nowhere that club normally goes 120 yards

Paul

Yeah thanks was really pissed off as should have won but still another good week

It was pouring with rain for third shot and only had 96 yards to pin and hit gap wedge nice and low but went nowhere that club normally goes 120 yards

Paul

Ryder cup points is the bonus , see that moves you up to 4th,

keep it going would be brilliant to see you at the RC.... good luck at the BMW, my money is on Ernie e/w.... :itch-chin:

Hey Paul, were you up in Dornoch a few weeks ago??

Could've worn I saw you in luigi's lunching it up. Shame about the screaming bairn in the corner. Looked to be well cheesing off th clientele.

Assuming it was you. Next time your there .....gies a lesson, I'm gash!!

Hey Paul, were you up in Dornoch a few weeks ago??

Could've worn I saw you in luigi's lunching it up. Shame about the screaming bairn in the corner. Looked to be well cheesing off th clientele.

Assuming it was you. Next time your there .....gies a lesson, I'm gash!!

Yes we were up at skibo castle for a members clinic and to stay overnight so we popped into Dornoch for some lunch

Poor kid in the corner was nae happy

Paul

I've caddied a couple times at skibo when I was a kid. Course looks fantastic, but it's utterly wasted there. No-one plays it due to dwindling member numbers and the new owner. PdS had people playing it but this new owner is just not interested. Such a shame. Especially since locals are not allow near it.

Should be up here this week, weather is glorious, both Dornoch courses are in amazing condition and playing really well.

So that's a No to the lesson then ;-)

I've caddied a couple times at skibo when I was a kid. Course looks fantastic, but it's utterly wasted there. No-one plays it due to dwindling member numbers and the new owner. PdS had people playing it but this new owner is just not interested. Such a shame. Especially since locals are not allow near it.

Should be up here this week, weather is glorious, both Dornoch courses are in amazing condition and playing really well.

So that's a No to the lesson then ;-)

You highlanders catch on quick eh. Cos aye it's a no to the lesson

Skibo is a fantastic place my old coach David Thomson is pro there

Paul

Here Paul did you know your 43 yrs old!!!

The commentators on Sky must have mentioned it 100's of times.

It was really starting to piss me off. Like it was some affliction you had.

Anyway I'm no an old git like you I'm only 39 ;)

Aye but at least there talking about me which doesn't happen often but your right they mention my age a lot 43 is still young eh

Paul.

:laughing:

I know the feeling but I'm nae overweight or 43.

Granted I'm nae as loaded as you but younger and lighter makes it 2-1 Boofon. :trophy:

What's your next tournament? I'm putting a bet on you. :thumbs:

bmw pga championship this week at wentworth been a few changes to the course for the better looking forward to the week

paul

Good luck.

If you win I reckon you should give Tainboy that lesson. :thumbs: :laughing:

So do I. I need it. Away to play castle Stuart this afternoon. Entertaining clients has its appeal.

The only entertaining I'll be doing is cursing swearing and jumping about. Gets worse once I hit the ball.