Spiken Sh*t

Guest SS RED

11 minutes ago, thurso said:

I’m not saying he’s a target man, for me a target man is someone who you are aiming for to take the ball down, hold it up and play others in like a prime Steven fletcher.

With I think the tactics you are not happy with is that we are trying to aim the ball for miovski or duk knowing they won’t win it but do enough to put the defender off and not giving him a clear header then the midfield pick up the second ball higher up the park able to play someone in.

The two things are completely different styles of play 

We haven't being doing that in the majority of games though, especially when the midfield has been set up deep in our own half so it renders that idea pointless, also a complete waste of Clarkson to see the ball going miles over his head.

21 minutes ago, minijc said:

We haven't being doing that in the majority of games though, especially when the midfield has been set up deep in our own half so it renders that idea pointless, also a complete waste of Clarkson to see the ball going miles over his head.

Clarkson has been playing better since robson took over he’s not only been setting up goals but also been tackling more plus a goal line clearance or two so to say the ball is consistently going over his head is again wrong. 

The majority of matches we have been doing that as that’s why we were winning then. Some games we were playing counter attack and still won. 

5 minutes ago, thurso said:

Clarkson has been playing better since robson took over he’s not only been setting up goals but also been tackling more plus a goal line clearance or two so to say the ball is consistently going over his head is again wrong. 

The majority of matches we have been doing that as that’s why we were winning then. Some games we were playing counter attack and still won. 

See, you haven't been paying attention and you admitted that you didn't see last week.  There is no doubt Clarkson improved once Robson took over however punting the ball clean over his head as the managers plan is "to get the ball forward as quickly as possible" means Clarkson struggles to get involved, like last week where he made 23 passes the whole match.

Clarkson making clearances is great however it shows that he's playing more of a defensive role than attacking, which I'm sure you'll agree he is much better at and why we've invested so much in him.

11 minutes ago, minijc said:

See, you haven't been paying attention and you admitted that you didn't see last week.  There is no doubt Clarkson improved once Robson took over however punting the ball clean over his head as the managers plan is "to get the ball forward as quickly as possible" means Clarkson struggles to get involved, like last week where he made 23 passes the whole match.

Clarkson making clearances is great however it shows that he's playing more of a defensive role than attacking, which I'm sure you'll agree he is much better at and why we've invested so much in him.

Iv been paying a lot of attention as again taking last season after robson took over in 15 games clarkson set up set up 7 goals and scored 1, which are pretty good stats and probably why we spent money on him so, I don’t think the ball was passing over his head too much. 

Maybe last Saturday was more about protecting our make shift defence against a team who drags you down that’s why we were set up they way we were 

Just now, thurso said:

Iv been paying an lot of attention as again taking last season after robson took over in 15 games clarkson set up set up 7 goals and scored 1, which are pretty good statsand probably why we spent money on him so, I don’t think the ball was passing over his head too much. 

Maybe last Saturday was more about protecting our make shift defence against a team who drags you down that’s why we were set up they way we were 

You seem to ignore that the ball gets punted forward way more now than it ever did, it's a clear tactic but it doesn't suit many of the players, the whole idea of dropping Clarkson back is to get him on the ball more but in the last few games of the season and the opening game of the season he's not been on the ball as much.

5 minutes ago, thurso said:

Iv been paying a lot of attention as again taking last season after robson took over in 15 games clarkson set up set up 7 goals and scored 1, which are pretty good stats and probably why we spent money on him so, I don’t think the ball was passing over his head too much. 

Not sure how you can say the ball wasn't getting lumped over his head too much last week. It clearly was. Hopefully it was more because of the pitch and it being nigh on impossible to actually pass the ball on that abomination. But we need to rely more on Clarksons strengths if we want to achieve any sort of success. Or we'd have been aswell spending his fee on 2 big fucking beanpoles up top to actually try and do something with the endless long balls. 

2 minutes ago, minijc said:

You seem to ignore that the ball gets punted forward way more now than it ever did, it's a clear tactic but it doesn't suit many of the players, the whole idea of dropping Clarkson back is to get him on the ball more but in the last few games of the season and the opening game of the season he's not been on the ball as much.

I don’t know where to look for stats deeper but when we beat st mirren 3-0 in second last game of the season when we were all over them he got an assist so must of been doing something right. 

2 minutes ago, thurso said:

I don’t know where to look for stats deeper but when we beat st mirren 3-0 in second last game of the season when we were all over them he got an assist so must of been doing something right. 

Fucking hell min, I said in some games, not every, of course the message from the manager changes depending on the opposition but in a few games it has been clear that we boot the ball forward, Robson said in interviews he wants the ball forward as quickly as possible.

3 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Not sure how you can say the ball wasn't getting lumped over his head too much last week. It clearly was. Hopefully it was more because of the pitch and it being nigh on impossible to actually pass the ball on that abomination. But we need to rely more on Clarksons strengths if we want to achieve any sort of success. Or we'd have been aswell spending his fee on 2 big fucking beanpoles up top to actually try and do something with the endless long balls. 

As Iv pointed out I didn’t see last weeks game but I’d put that down to having a makeshift defence, shit pitch and a livi team who don’t play football fighting for every point 

1 minute ago, thurso said:

As Iv pointed out I didn’t see last weeks game but I’d put that down to having a makeshift defence, shit pitch and a livi team who don’t play football fighting for every point 

We played 84 long balls last week against a side that thrive on it, Polvara made the most passes on the team with 42.

Just now, thurso said:

I was at the game and you could clearly see Clarkson was really frustrated with how the game panned out. Hopefully he was down to the pitch more than anything and we see us trying to get ball down tomorrow and play a bit. Time will tell.

1 minute ago, minijc said:

Fucking hell min, I said in some games, not every, of course the message from the manager changes depending on the opposition but in a few games it has been clear that we boot the ball forward, Robson said in interviews he wants the ball forward as quickly as possible.

Every team wants the ball forward as quickly as possible that’s how you get them unsettled or on the break. Jesus Man City are the best at that. 

under Robson if we took our time and played glassball you would moan we were to slow and pedestrian getting forward quick it’s punting long balls.

Everything you have said has been pointed out as wrong are you going to back to stats of giving up to much possession and corners, that Stewart’s passing is great 

1 minute ago, thurso said:

Every team wants the ball forward as quickly as possible that’s how you get them unsettled or on the break. Jesus Man City are the best at that. 

under Robson if we took our time and played glassball you would moan we were to slow and pedestrian getting forward quick it’s punting long balls.

Everything you have said has been pointed out as wrong are you going to back to stats of giving up to much possession and corners, that Stewart’s passing is great 

There's a big difference between City playing quick passes or a diagonal to start a move quickly and us just lumping it clear hoping for the best.

You are saying I'm wrong yet the key game I'm referencing is lasts weeks which you never watch, so shut the fuck up.  Also you can't slag me for referring to stats when you've thrown up "but Miovski scored goal so the tactics clearly worked" you silly cunt.

6 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I was at the game and you could clearly see Clarkson was really frustrated with how the game panned out. Hopefully he was down to the pitch more than anything and we see us trying to get ball down tomorrow and play a bit. Time will tell.

I hope your right but having played on the livi pitch if it’s not wet, and I guess it wasn’t to make it an advantage for the home team which is their prerogative, maybe it was thought playing through midfield was wrong 

1 hour ago, thurso said:

I’m not saying he’s a target man, for me a target man is someone who you are aiming for to take the ball down, hold it up and play others in like a prime Steven fletcher.

With I think the tactics you are not happy with is that we are trying to aim the ball for miovski or duk knowing they won’t win it but do enough to put the defender off and not giving him a clear header then the midfield pick up the second ball higher up the park able to play someone in.

The two things are completely different styles of play 

Lee Miller probably the last ‘half decent’ target man we had.

12 minutes ago, minijc said:

There's a big difference between City playing quick passes or a diagonal to start a move quickly and us just lumping it clear hoping for the best.

You are saying I'm wrong yet the key game I'm referencing is lasts weeks which you never watch, so shut the fuck up.  Also you can't slag me for referring to stats when you've thrown up "but Miovski scored goal so the tactics clearly worked" you silly cunt.

How many long balls did livi play last week compared to short passes !!! We have played one game so far on a dodgy pitch we have Celtic tomorrow which is another very tough game so no doubt the tactics will be wrong for both matches in your eyes

You call me a silly cunt but you said tactics don’t suit the strikers, they both scored goals under these tactics, you said tactics don’t suit clarkson but he set up and scored goals under the managers tactics while also playing better defensively. One game so far on a shit pitch doesn’t make a season. 

Since you like stats your the guy 9 months ago who said Stewart’s stats were good who’s the silly cunt now anyone with eyes could see he wasn’t a footballer 

4 minutes ago, thurso said:

How many long balls did livi play last week compared to short passes !!! We have played one game so far on a dodgy pitch we have Celtic tomorrow which is another very tough game so no doubt the tactics will be wrong for both matches in your eyes

You call me a silly cunt but you said tactics don’t suit the strikers, they both scored goals under these tactics, you said tactics don’t suit clarkson but he set up and scored goals under the managers tactics while also playing better defensively. One game so far on a shit pitch doesn’t make a season. 

Since you like stats your the guy 9 months ago who said Stewart’s stats were good who’s the silly cunt now anyone with eyes could see he wasn’t a footballer 

Livi played 65 long balls and 264 short passes but that is how they play, any manager worth their salt knows that, so to go there and play right in to their hands is daft as fuck.

I said in some games the tactics don't suit the players, just because they get an assist or goal, doesn't mean it's ideal as anyone with eyes can tell Miovski isn't a target man yet here we are treating him like a giraffe.

Never said Stewarts stats were good, I said for a shite passer he had a higher passing accuracy than some other players then you and others said "but he just passes back to Roos" I then put up that the majority of his passes were into forward areas.  

We all rate players that others don't, I'll happily admit I was wrong with thinking he was ok, there are stats that show he wasn't as bad as some made out and that the main issue was from Richardson and Scales leaving him exposed or selling him short.  I'd also go as far to say that in Robsons current set up he'd actually do quite well as it isn't too dissimilar to Wycombe's when Stewart was there.

3 minutes ago, minijc said:

Livi played 65 long balls and 264 short passes but that is how they play, any manager worth their salt knows that, so to go there and play right in to their hands is daft as fuck.

I said in some games the tactics don't suit the players, just because they get an assist or goal, doesn't mean it's ideal as anyone with eyes can tell Miovski isn't a target man yet here we are treating him like a giraffe.

Never said Stewarts stats were good, I said for a shite passer he had a higher passing accuracy than some other players then you and others said "but he just passes back to Roos" I then put up that the majority of his passes were into forward areas.  

We all rate players that others don't, I'll happily admit I was wrong with thinking he was ok, there are stats that show he wasn't as bad as some made out and that the main issue was from Richardson and Scales leaving him exposed or selling him short.  I'd also go as far to say that in Robsons current set up he'd actually do quite well as it isn't too dissimilar to Wycombe's when Stewart was there.

Scales? The two full backs kept getting caught out of position, hence why Stewart was pulled all over the shop, but he can't pass and wasn't a captain that added more pressure to him 

Just now, Dandys1983 said:

Scales? The two full backs kept getting caught out of position, hence why Stewart was pulled all over the shop, but he can't pass and wasn't a captain that added more pressure to him 

Agree on the full backs but there were many a time where Scales got caught high out of position which probably stemmed from Coulson getting stuck up the field.

Thing is, it was the managers plan to have Stewart play the ball which was stupid as fuck, his completion rate was nowhere near as bad as you'd think it is.  Totally agree he shouldn't have been captain and agree that it added pressure to him.

4 minutes ago, minijc said:

You never said some games you make it out as tactics are all wrong and don’t suit our players, yes sometimes things don’t work out but so far it’s better under robson than Goodwin 

You did say Stewart and  ramadani both had 70 odd percent pass rate so their passing wasn’t as bad as people said, then it was pointed out most of those passes were short ones anyone could do you are now back tracking, if Stewart passed further than 10 yards we were under pressure 

6 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Being a captain adds no pressure to a player whatsoever that’s just what people who never played football think 

• Haha 2
  • Dildo 1
Just now, thurso said:

You never said some games you make it out as tactics are all wrong and don’t suit our players, yes sometimes things don’t work out but so far it’s better under robson than Goodwin 

You did say Stewart and  ramadani both had 70 odd percent pass rate so their passing wasn’t as bad as people said, then it was pointed out most of those passes were short ones anyone could do you are now back tracking, if Stewart passed further than 10 yards we were under pressure 

Absolute rubbish, I'll just just do what you've done and just say Miovski, Duk and Clarkson scored goals under Goodwin so his tactics must've worked.

Ramadani had over 80% and I think at the time I posted Stewart was high 70%, thing is Stewart is a defender one that shouldn't be passing the ball, you and several other said he never completed a pass but he quite clearly did and the last I checked short passes counted.   As for Ramadani the whole point of a player in his role is to keep it simple and move the ball on, that will most likely mean that it's short passes.

12 minutes ago, minijc said:

Absolute rubbish, I'll just just do what you've done and just say Miovski, Duk and Clarkson scored goals under Goodwin so his tactics must've worked.

Ramadani had over 80% and I think at the time I posted Stewart was high 70%, thing is Stewart is a defender one that shouldn't be passing the ball, you and several other said he never completed a pass but he quite clearly did and the last I checked short passes counted.   As for Ramadani the whole point of a player in his role is to keep it simple and move the ball on, that will most likely mean that its short passes.

We played 46 games last season robson had 15 of those so in a third of those matches all had better stats than the 2 thirds before then I think. So Stewart is a defender who shouldn’t be passing ball, what should he be doing once he wins it stand back and admire it. 

2 minutes ago, thurso said:

We played 46 games last season robson had 15 of those so in a third of those matches all had better stats than the 2 thirds before then I think. So Stewart is a defender who shouldn’t be passing ball, what should he be doing once he wins it stand back and admire it. 

Jesus fucking christ, did you not notice that Goodwin's game plan was to get Roos to give the ball to Stewart then start from there, at Wycombe they didn't dick about on the ball, Stewart only passed the ball when he had to, Goodwin had us starting moves with him.