Peter Pawlett

Where do these rumours come from? That's now flood and Pawlett. It would be odd if two players who had started one of our first two competitive games went out on loan.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the evening express and press and journals were to fabricate their stories using the comments and opinions made by those on the Aberdeen fans forums. Both Flood and Pawlett have received a lot of negativity with a number of posters expressing their wish for both to be moved on. Personally I think it would be a mistake unless we were to be reassured better players were to replace them. Flood is still a big player for us IMO unfortunately he can't play alongside Jack.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the evening express and press and journals were to fabricate their stories using the comments and opinions made by those on the Aberdeen fans forums. Both Flood and Pawlett have received a lot of negativity with a number of posters expressing their wish for both to be moved on. Personally I think it would be a mistake unless we were to be reassured better players were to replace them. Flood is still a big player for us IMO unfortunately he can't play alongside Jack.

Evening Express got the Dons down as signing John Rankine wonder where they got that from.

I guess Lennon is thinking he is getting the Pawlett that was around in the 2013/14 season when he last managed up here. Don't really see the point in a loan though, should be looking to sell or let go for free, given he is out of contract at the end of the season.

You can only sell if another club is willing to buy, that's unlikely given his contract situation.

If he is out of favour and there are no buyers then a loan is next best option as it will free up his wage until he is out of contract. No point in paying money to release him if there is no need.

You can only sell if another club is willing to buy, that's unlikely given his contract situation.

If he is out of favour and there are no buyers then a loan is next best option as it will free up his wage until he is out of contract. No point in paying money to release him if there is no need.

Spot on.

Guest RosemountRed

This is true , pawlett is off to Hibs . Surely we are brining in a central midfielder now

\yes, and a starter at that, surely?

Guest RosemountRed

It's good that we are loaning our fringe players to the likes of Hibs in my opinion.

I agree.

Will it be a loan or permanent though?

If we can free his wages up for a creative midfielder type to play down the middle behind Rooney/Stockley then I'm all for him being moved on.

He's had flashes where you think he'll kick on but apart from that 4 month period where we won the cup, he's been hot and cold ever since.