Aberdeen City Centre

daytripping

• 2 months later...

Union Terrace looks nae bad. Anybody been since the Christmas market has been on?

Credit where credit due. Looks as if the council have actually got their act together this year albeit they have that Aberdeen Inspired team pushing it. Union Terrace well set out and plenty there, even a bar. Looks like they have let UTG just fester further though. Cologne it ain't though but good effort.

Weird cunt.

'I'm an Aberdeen cashul, I'm fucking Millwall mate, I'd take on anyone in a fight, you want a go' was last seen in the caravans near Kintore, stays out there now... or atleast did at the end of last year/beginning of this year. Last heard speaking about getting his boaby tattooed to anyone that would listen to him.

I avoided.

Was Cove, seen him quite a lot recently.

It is the rock upon which the Granite City was built.

Now, in a twist on the irony of taking coals to Newcastle, builders are importing 180 tonnes of the rock from China for a controversial new development in the historic heart of Aberdeen.
Many of the city’s houses and iconic buildings such as Marischal College are created out of the hard grey stone, as well as pavements, kerbs and statues.
The £107 million Marischal Square scheme will stand opposite the college – Europe’s second-largest granite building and one of the city’s most visited historical sites.
But news that the developers plan to import stone from China have sparked outrage.
“Importing cheap granite for a building opposite Marischal Square is sacrilege,” said campaigner Bill Skidmore, of the Reject Marischal Square Group.
Alex Johnstone, Conservative MSP for Northeast Scotland, said: “Given the history of the city, to be building with Chinese granite is a cultural catastrophe. So much that is important to Aberdeen is based on a tradition of granite. This represents a complete misjudgment by those behind this development.”
The city’s Rubislaw quarry closed down in 1971 but sites in Kemnay and Corrennie in Aberdeenshire still produce the stone for building developments.
John Forbes, of Bon Accord Granite, now sources stone from Africa, Asia, South America and Europe so he can offer clients a good price.
“What people don’t understand is that we haven’t built a major building out of north-east granite for the last 30 years at least,” he said.
“If I don’t supply Chinese granite then others will.”
:clangers2:

...anyway, has anyone managed hanging from the bar for 2 mins in the Xmas market?

:laughing:

No.

I went on the Bomber Mark II though.

Fucking hell you fair feel the blood going to your feet. Was sat next to two boys who kept gobbling every time they were at the top. Told the boy next to me that if he did it again I'd burst him once we were off. He never did it again.

Saw a kid try it. 16 seconds the poor thing lasted. I'm going to try it at work and see how I get on.

I've been told it isn't as it first appears, the bar turns, whoever has it will know the odds, probably the best chance of making it would be a really light girl, gymnast type.

I've seen a pic on fb of a girl doing it, she was small, almost tup like, got any body weight you're fucked.