Fucks Sake Langfield

It really doesn't matter who did the actual reporting...Langfield undoubtedly did some greeting about it to escalate it to a police matter...As before if you can't handle it don't sign up for it...he's obviously not got the mental strength to deal with it.

It was the club that reported the matter to Grampian Police after fans reported it to them. Whether Langfield can hack it or not, xuch abuse should never be tolerated. It would be a real shame if a minority of idiots meant Langfield closing his account. Twitter is a great way for fans/player interaction that was previously not available.

It was the club that reported the matter to Grampian Police after fans reported it to them. Whether Langfield can hack it or not, xuch abuse should never be tolerated. It would be a real shame if a minority of idiots meant Langfield closing his account. Twitter is a great way for fans/player interaction that was previously not available.

Really...I couldn't think of anything more boring than reading what this dullard had on his mind...I can kind of see why the accounts of high profile stars may be of some amusement...but we're talking about a complete nonentity here

I don't think drinking is a reasonable excuse for it.

I also think the reaction to one mistake by Langfield, and it was a bad one let's be honest, has been massively OTT.

We are all human, and we're all prone to mistakes.

Unfortunately we don't all work as professional goalkeepers. If we made the same amount of mistakes in our careers as he had, we'd be unemployed...

It was the club that reported the matter to Grampian Police after fans reported it to them.

And what steps has Langfield, an adult capable of making his own decisions (I would have thought) done to tell the club to get a grip and stop wasting police time?

Because if my employer were to see some of the brutal shit written about me.. stuff that I laugh off because it's the internets... if my employer were to see those comments then try to initiate a police investigation on my behalf I would tell them to get a grip and stop wasting police time.

What Langfield SHOULD have done is tell the club, if it's true that the club initiated the police investigation (and I think that's a lie, frankly, designed to pull some of the heat off Clangers) then what Langfield SHOULD have done is to tell the club to get a grip and stop wasting police time.

However, I'll reiterate, I believe that to be a lie.

Really...I couldn't think of anything more boring than reading what this dullard had on his mind...I can kind of see why the accounts of high profile stars may be of some amusement...but we're talking about a complete nonentity here

That's your opinion.

For a lot of people, especially younger fans, twitter is a great way to interact with the players and find out what's going on behind the scenes at AFC.

And what steps has Langfield, an adult capable of making his own decisions (I would have thought) done to tell the club to get a grip and stop wasting police time?

Because if my employer were to see some of the brutal shit written about me.. stuff that I laugh off because it's the internets... if my employer were to see those comments then try to initiate a police investigation on my behalf I would tell them to get a grip and stop wasting police time.

What Langfield SHOULD have done is tell the club, if it's true that the club initiated the police investigation (and I think that's a lie, frankly, designed to pull some of the heat off Clangers) then what Langfield SHOULD have done is to tell the club to get a grip and stop wasting police time.

However, I'll reiterate, I believe that to be a lie.

Well Grampian Police's statement on twitter said it was reported by the club.

If the club want the issue to be investigated then that is up to them, whether Langfield likes it or not.

If the club want the issue to be investigated then that is up to them, whether Langfield likes it or not.

If this is true...and I doubt it is...shame on the club...Langfield is using his brain damage in the same way as some players use their colour to play the "poor me" card...Langfield has driven the club to a new low...he fu*ked up regally on Sat

As I said, I believe that to be a flat out lie.

And whether or not the club independently wants to waste police time is in no way preventing Langfield from telling the club, were it true that the club initiated this investigation (which I believe to be a lie), there's nothing preventing Langfield going to his employer and telling them to stop wasting police time.

Langfield, and who said what to who on Twitter would not make one iota of a difference to whether I went to the game or not.

Twitter is for arseholes who like to bore you with mundane drivel.

Anything said on it should be immediately disregarded.

If someone said to me that they are not going to the game because of this Langfield/Twitter nonsense, then apart from thinking they're a dick, and laughing at their stupidity, it tells me that they are not much of a fan of the club.

fuck all to do with twitter, but i am seriously considering not going purely down to the ineptivity of clark and in particular langfield. we've just got rid of 1 utter muppet in mackie, i will struggle to suffer watching these 2 (to be frank) fucking idiots. they are an absolute embarrassment to the club.

Langfield, and who said what to who on Twitter would not make one iota of a difference to whether I went to the game or not.

Twitter is for arseholes who like to bore you with mundane drivel.

Anything said on it should be immediately disregarded.

If someone said to me that they are not going to the game because of this Langfield/Twitter nonsense, then apart from thinking they're a dick, and laughing at their stupidity, it tells me that they are not much of a fan of the club.

Langfield is the last of the JC brigade/good old boys and to some/most should never have been awarded a new contract...that he threw the Celtic game is the final straw...he should never wear the AFC Shirt again

Don't think Langfield's playing the "poor me" card at all. All he said on twitter was:

"Wow, seen some sick stuff written about my illness today which I had managed to overcome, some people don't realise how lucky they are!"

Hardly playing the "poor me" card. He's quite right to tweet that if people were mocking his illness.

Was there not a law passed earlier this year or last which meant that such abuse on twitter would be further investigated? If so, it technically isn't wasting police time.

Maybe Langfield has told the club it's waste of time? Then again maybe he hasn't, because I don't think he'd be all that bothered if they do. If I was in his situation I'd just ignore the abuse. However if my employer wanted it taken further then fair enough, that's their decision and not mine.

Ah, well there you and me differ... because if someone were to be using police resources on my behalf... which I believe to be a lie, I believe Langfield instigated this... If someone were wasting police resources on my behalf than I would absolutely insist they grow the fuck up and stop wasting police resources over something like someone saying rude shit to me on the internet.

• Upvote 1

It's the larger picture that I don't like the look of. I don't know what was said to Langfield but it would have been less than 140 characters.

Seems to me like the authorities are dead keen to go after some glib comments when they are directed at someone who is considered famous.

I'd urge some of the posters on here to tone it down a few notches.

Ah, well there you and me differ... because if someone were to be using police resources on my behalf... which I believe to be a lie, I believe Langfield instigated this... If someone were wasting police resources on my behalf than I would absolutely insist they grow the fuck up and stop wasting police resources over something like someone saying rude shit to me on the internet.

Fair enough. It wouldn't bother me were the club to get involved on my behalf, but I can see your point and why it would bother others.

I don't think drink is a reasonable excuse for anything.

I am not too sure about the reaction either, but it depends on what was said and the manner it was said.

Is a good excuse for being drunk if you have enough of it :drink:

Incidentally mods :dc: the wee emoticon with the two gadgies having a drink & one falling over comes up as the party one with the group when you post it :angry:

Are you trying to tell me that after experiencing multiple life-threatening seizures, his wife and kids not knowing at the time if they'd still have a husband/father, that Langfield can't feel a little bit upset at such an experience being mocked? It's easy to say he should just ignore it, but it's not that simple for some people.

If you ever feel upset at anyone calling you names then you are a mess of a man, and should not be allowed a job that invites any sort of pressure.

I also think the reaction to one mistake by Langfield, and it was a bad one let's be honest, has been massively OTT.

Its not just one mistake though, Mr Daftcunt.

No, it wouldn't.

Exactly. He would gain a lot of respect from many Aberdeen fans if he done this, I imagine.

But no doubt the moral high-horse brigade will say "bUt wee MUst st0ps thE bad Men saYYjng teh sweaRy wurds!"

• Upvote 2

fuck all to do with twitter, but i am seriously considering not going purely down to the ineptivity of clark and in particular langfield. we've just got rid of 1 utter muppet in mackie, i will struggle to suffer watching these 2 (to be frank) fucking idiots. they are an absolute embarrassment to the club.

Ineptitude :dc:

The sheer enthusiasm, positivity and confidence which radiates from yourself and sheepiekev in particular can only be of massive benefit to the end product on the park on Saturday. If I were a Dons player I'd go the extra mile for fans such as the pair of you.

i.e. please go to the game.

Its not just one mistake though, Mr Daftcunt.

Yes, it is.

He only made one mistake during the game.

This is the hysterical reaction to it.

If you are talking about his whole career that's different. But not even remotely relevant to the here and now.

One mistake is the reality of it.

I'm sure you never make mistakes though so it's right for you to have such exacting standards of others.

• Upvote 1

Yes, it is.

If you are talking about his whole career that's different. But not even remotely relevant to the here and now.

I'm sure you never make mistakes though so it's right for you to have such exacting standards of others.

But it's not.

He's made bullockloads of mistakes in his career and this is the straw that broke the camel's back (for about the 3rd time).

But it's not.

He's made bullockloads of mistakes in his career and this is the straw that broke the camel's back (for about the 3rd time).

Yes, he's made mistakes in his career.

But the point is he only made one mistake in that game, this season.

Every single footballer in the world has made lots of mistakes in their career.

Every single human being walking this earth's surface has made lots of mistakes in their lives.

The reaction to this particular mistake is hysterical and does us no favours.

• Upvote 1

Yes, it is.

Every single human being walking this earth's surface has made lots of mistakes in their lives.

Good god. I don't even think you're taking the piss.

I called a blunder by Langfield before kick off when I saw he was starting, and sadly (but not surprisingly) I was right.

He's a guaranteed fuck up.

Awful awful goalkeeper.

For what it's worth I'm not a huge fan of Brown either but given the alternative, he has to start. Problem wouldn't even be here if C. Brown did the sensible thing and binned Langfield after last season and brought in someone knew.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yes. But not as many, and as frequent and, of course, as costly as Mr Langfield.

• Upvote 1

It not just the mistake , although if there was heavy betting activity on a Celtic goal in the final 15 it would have turned into a criminal investigation by now..

It's the subsequent fall out on Twatter and all the bad press that brings...Langfield is a complete liability to the club as a player and as a man...we need to get shot before he causes any more damage

• Upvote 1

Yes but these are what if's.

We have to work with what we've got and we have to support the players through things like this.

By putting into perspective the fact that it's one mistake.

It's not multiple mistakes. If he starts making mistakes every game by all means hang him out to dry.

Until then he deserves the benefit of the doubt.