Aberdeen-Hibs

Ironically it turns it's only the St Johnstone game I've missed this season, so I get the last laugh :sheepdance:

And you didn't make it tonight, but made the Greenock game in the earlier round?

Games in attendance (normal time) - 6 draws and a defeat

Games not in attendance - 2 wins

In the politest way possible, maybe you should nae fucking bother... :laughing:

• Upvote 1

You'll be surprised, he'll go into it with with zero expectations, therefore he'll enjoy it more than you think, he'll still say it's shite though.

I'm out for this one, is it ESPN?

Yes. Programme starts at 11:30.

Will be there but already only going because I have a season ticket and not because of football we are playing.

Agree re Anderson although he played alright there earlier in the season.

I don't like Considine at LB either but if Naysmith is injured and Robertson is just coming back then unless you want three dedicated LBs in the squad on our budget then we've got little choice.

Robertson at LB

two CB's from Reynolds, Considine and Anderson

Jack or Ozzie at RB

It's way too attacking for Brown (& maybe a littel light in midfield) but I'd like to see us set up with something like this to see if it'd work.

.....................................Clangers.........................................

Magennis (or other) Anderson,Reynolds,Considine(orRobertson)

Fraser..........................Osbourne........................Hayes (Fraser & Hayes can switch about at will)

................Smith.............................McGinn.........(these pair can also chop & change)

.....................................Vernon......................................

Ok Osbourne would have a hell of a task in midfield but if their was good understanding/planning between the others as far as covering him when others are in more advanced positions, it could work :dontknow:

One things sure, it'd be a hell of a hard team to defend against. Fast, interchanging/mobile & very tiring to keep track of.

Would be a little dodgey/weak from a defensive mid point of view yes but I want to see some exciting stuff.

But Brown would never go for it :( Maybe arange some bounce games to test out his more attacking side (just to see if he has one)

• Downvote 1

That's one of the most mental posts I've ever read, seriously.

Yeah a very attacking type formation is just crazy for Brown & Aberdeen.

I know it's weak in middle but it would rely on players understanding who's covering up so as to always have support in middle with Osbourne.

But going forward, it'd be outstanding for Aberdeen.

Be like Real Madrid of old (on a smaller budget)

You want osbourne to play centre mid on his own?

No, It's basically (however you want to see it) a 3 or 5 man midfield, just that it's a more attacking minded midfield rather than the defensive/sitting mid with two wingers that Brown favors.

It's still a 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 depending on how they play it & who's in possession.

Osbourne is the only one that will be sitting in, where as the rest can play accordingly but more in favor of breaking forward & creating from all areas.

At the moment we have little support for Vernon going forward other than the wingers. This just gives us better options going forward but obviously sacrifices a good bit of the safe/negative way we play at the moment.

It has it's obvious draw backs but it also has it's obvious positives to counter that.

The best way to defend is to attack after all :dontknow:

I have deleted two blank lines to bring Smith & Hayes back a little into midfield to make it look less scary :laughing:

But it's still the same idea, as in a five or three man mid dependin on which ones break forward at the time.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Clangers

Jack Reynolds Anderson Considine

Fraser Osbourne Rae Hayes

McGinn Vernon

Robertson - No, wasn't impressed last night.

Magennis - See Jack as a better player and would rather he played full back.

Hughes - Not been impressed this season to be honest. Nice touches etc, but too slow and don't really see us missing him.

Osbourne - Will have to play better than last night but a bit of bite and a high workrate in midfield like against Hearts and we can take control.

McGinn up front - Well, pretty much crying out for a partner for Vernon.

• Upvote 1

Clangers

Jack Reynolds Anderson Considine

Fraser Osbourne Rae Hayes

McGinn Vernon

Robertson - No, wasn't impressed last night.

Magennis - See Jack as a better player and would rather he played full back.

Hughes - Not been impressed this season to be honest. Nice touches etc, but too slow and don't really see us missing him.

Osbourne - Will have to play better than last night but a bit of bite and a high workrate in midfield like against Hearts and we can take control.

McGinn up front - Well, pretty much crying out for a partner for Vernon.

Forgot about Jack. Yeah I'd have him at RB in my line up but would drop Rae for Smith basically.

Smith looked very good to me last nite