Sevco Thread

1 hour ago, Poodler said:

I see the huns have made it to the new year without conceding a pen this season. I'm sure there's nothing controversial about that.

Has any team gone a whole season? 

I strongly suspect I could guess who

Canna find evidence for a team over here but Barcelona went a full league season in 2016/17 without conceding a penalty. 

Surprisingly, Celtic came very close one season before they conceded one to Aberdeen (season 2006/07). Jamie Smith bloody well missed it as well in a game after the dreaded split, if I recall correctly,!

On 12/20/2020 at 12:06 AM, afc1903mad said:

See there’s some sort of program on the Telly about the Ibrox disaster.

28th Dec

Tough watch. Irrespective of which team you support. The older fans amongst us will remember the steep steps at the rear of the old beach end, one false move and down you went, although, wasn’t there a “landing” half way down, 90 degree turn then down again? 

However, what I didn’t know was that 2 Huns died in 1961 on stairway 13, then more injuries were sustained in 1967 and again in 1969, all at Celtic games.

Whilst we yearn for the days of the terracing, crazy to think of the dangers that lurked.

• Downvote 1
9 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Happens ALL the time.

He is just a stupid angry man. Others on here, in the pub section so you don't see them as much, are fucking mad. Many are incredibly stupid too. As an award-winning poster says, HALF of them. Have a good day. I'm off to ensure one, free from the polluted minds. 

Hope you’re keeping off the drink today, you sad, old, alcy tit? 

Why say it in 20 words when you can bore everyone with 200.

Arse

12 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Happens ALL the time.

He is just a stupid angry man. Others on here, in the pub section so you don't see them as much, are fucking mad. Many are incredibly stupid too. As an award-winning poster says, HALF of them. Have a good day. I'm off to ensure one, free from the polluted minds. 

Congratulations.

THE most ironic comment ever made on any forum, anywhere. 
Ever. 
?

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Good on him. 

Saved us thinking of a new word to describe our striking options. 

Clusterfuck is a better description of having to pick between Cosgrove, Main & Edmondson.

Quite what our scouts thought Edmondson would bring I don’t know. One of the clumsiest footballers I’ve ever seen in a Dons shirt. 

At least we might make a tidy profit on Cosgrove, as pish as he has been for about 10-12 months. 

9 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Tough watch. Irrespective of which team you support. The older fans amongst us will remember the steep steps at the rear of the old beach end, one false move and down you went, although, wasn’t there a “landing” half way down, 90 degree turn then down again? 

I mind watching Scotland England U-21 early 80s from the roof of the pie stall in the Beach End. And folk were perched in the roof steelwork above us. 

Fuck them. Zero sympathy from me, nor towards Hillsborough. I would imagine we would get fuck all sympathy back if it happened to us. It was the fans to blame.

The stadium's owner, Rangers F.C., was later ruled to be at fault in a sheriff's judgement on one of the deaths.[1]Rangers did not dispute this ruling, and was sued for damages in 60 other cases brought by relatives of the dead.[2]

6 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

But surely there is a civil engineering responsibility to anticipate weaknesses in the design and to minimise risks of danger and fatalities?

To be honest I never watched it so maybe I am being harsh on the Huns. Still shouldn’t have left before full time and then ran back though.

Hillsborough does my nut. Both incidents were tragic incidents and nobody deserves to die going to watch a game of football, it’s the fact that they make on the fans were entirely not to blame that fucks me off. We’ve all been to games pished and know what goes on. You can’t blame authorities or stewards for everything. 

1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

I'm not blaming the authorities and stewards at all. The Ibrox disaster was magic for sure but it won't happen again because of the stadium design improvements. Hillsborough was tink fan driven but the fences caused the dozens of fatalities, not the opportunist fans rushing in. 

I wouldn’t be so sure.

‘I recall last season the Huns forced a gate at Kilmarnock and the stadium was over-run. You could see all the aisles were full and they were dancing on top of the disabled enclosure.

• Upvote 1

Yes but it was the fences that ‘caused’ the damage*.  People forget there was a reason why those fences needed to be there.

* For the record specifically re Hillsborough I’ve said before that it wasn’t just the fences.  It wasn’t the fences that swarmed the gate and it wasn’t the fences that sat on their fat overpaid arses and watched the middle pen literally burst at the seams whilst the outer pens remained relatively empty.  But I know fine it’s not a discussion worth reopening.