Sevco Thread

23 minutes ago, don corleone said:

Malmo looked a class above in both games. Their managers prematch press conference was brilliant. 

Let’s be honest, they never looked a class above :laughing:

2 good 5 minute spells and atrocious defending from the huns helped them. 

I actually thought Malmo looked shite.

7 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

The one the club play before games and where 40k sing "fuck the pope and the IRA" but they are doing their best to stop the anti catholic stuff?

Your comment in the other thread reminded me:

At one point, the commentator last night said "Rangers need to do more than just launch it into the box with a Hail Mary".

There was a brief awkward moment and I could imagine the huns all spluttering into their drinks in front of the TV ?

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Getting back to the cinch thing.  The problem I understand is that we didnt have a sponsor for two or three years hence the shirt was essentially a clean canvas for the club sponsor - Saltire in our case.  Was the league sponsor ever on the shirts before?  I don't remember the loon cutting about kissing a Clydesdale Bank badge or proclaiming his love for Bells. 

Think the players matchday shirts had them on the sleeve but the ones out of the club shop didn't

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

Let’s be honest, they never looked a class above :laughing:

2 good 5 minute spells and atrocious defending from the huns helped them. 

I actually thought Malmo looked shite.

I don't disagree that malmo looked shite. I do however stand by my statement that over the 2 games that they were a class above the huns. I think the 4-2 scoreline backs that up, especially considering they were down to 10 men last night and still came back to win without breaking sweat. 

23 minutes ago, don corleone said:

I don't disagree that malmo looked shite. I do however stand by my statement that over the 2 games that they were a class above the huns. I think the 4-2 scoreline backs that up, especially considering they were down to 10 men last night and still came back to win without breaking sweat. 

Of the hour or so I watched they looked a pretty tidy side with one or two very good players - up until they went 1-2 up and switched into hold what we have mode

19 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Of the hour or so I watched they looked a pretty tidy side with one or two very good players - up until they went 1-2 up and switched into hold what we have mode

They were poor first 35 minutes, had just started to come into the game when the cheating bastard ref sent off their player for Goldsons foul and subsequent dive.  Thought it was tatties then but they started the 2nd half brilliantly.  Marvellous viewing.

Shut up shop after that and did what they had to do to see the game out.  No world beaters but fairly competent side overall.

30 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

They were horrendous first half, they got battered. 

Id fancy them to lose in the next round.

2 hours ago, alscotoz said:

AND JUST LISTEN TO THAT NOISE..

Must’ve forgotten to press the piped in atmosphere.

pundantry / commentators just spew pre-rehearsed sound bites they’ve written down. It’s far better if they can just tell it how it is