Sevco Thread

Rangers need to sell players next summer to help boost the club's financial position, says managing director Stewart Robertson.

The club posted a £15.9m loss and need £23m by the end of next season, which will be covered by loans from chairman Douglas Park and director John Bennett.

Robertson told shareholders at the club's annual general meeting that more money was needed from transfers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55321442

The jammy barstewards are lucky that they are guaranteed group stage football, but it seems that they are still hemorrhaging cash, even though they have been on a couple of good European runs.

We can only hope they get bombed out next week and have a really poor season this year.

Who do they have on their books that clubs are queuing up for to release the funds?

Leeds were interested in Kent, but that seems to have cooled and his performances this year may question whether they can recoup what they paid out for him.

Morelos, I'm just not buying that they've had 8 figure bids for him, otherwise he would have went.

Lets hope its a fire sale

19 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Rangers need to sell players next summer to help boost the club's financial position, says managing director Stewart Robertson.

The club posted a £15.9m loss and need £23m by the end of next season, which will be covered by loans from chairman Douglas Park and director John Bennett.

Surely they'd be better selling players this summer or in the January window? 

20 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

The jammy barstewards are lucky that they are guaranteed group stage football, but it seems that they are still hemorrhaging cash, even though they have been on a couple of good European runs.

We can only hope they get bombed out next week and have a really poor season this year.

Who do they have on their books that clubs are queuing up for to release the funds?

Leeds were interested in Kent, but that seems to have cooled and his performances this year may question whether they can recoup what they paid out for him.

Morelos, I'm just not buying that they've had 8 figure bids for him, otherwise he would have went.

Lets hope its a fire sale

Morelos and Kent.  Maybe Kamara.  Might attract decent sized bids. 

Probably a few tracking Patterson as well. 

But clearly any interest in their players hasn't materialised due to over pricing on the Hun's part. 

I actually suspect sevco's preference would be to sell Tavernier and make Patterson first choice. But going out of the CL when their glib and shameless ex chairman pointed out that they were banking on the cash from it means that they'll have to take whatever offers come in. 

Kent has gone right off the boil. He was getting some amount of stick from the orcs on sevco media in the immediate aftermath of Tuesday evening. I've always wondered why he seems to cause us an inordinate amount of problems, even when in the midst of poor form, when the likes of St Johnstone seem to be able to comfortably deal with him

Anyway FTH

6 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I actually suspect sevco's preference would be to sell Tavernier and make Patterson first choice. But going out of the CL when their glib and shameless ex chairman pointed out that they were banking on the cash from it means that they'll have to take whatever offers come in. 

Kent has gone right off the boil. He was getting some amount of stick from the orcs on sevco media in the immediate aftermath of Tuesday evening. I've always wondered why he seems to cause us an inordinate amount of problems, even when in the midst of poor form, when the likes of St Johnstone seem to be able to comfortably deal with him

Anyway FTH

They'd probably get more for Patterson though I agree they'd rather he replaced Tavernier. 

However Tavernier is 30. The most games he'd ever played in a season before he came to the Huns was 27 for Rotherham. 

Who's going to bid big money for him at this point?  He's a Championship level player in England. 

49 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

That article is from December 2020 so its referring to current window they need to sell. I know people dont rate Morelos on here for whatever reason but he is going to be a massive miss if they get rid. Was a story in papers today saying porto going to try and low ball rangers as they know they are desperate. The scenes if they sell prized asset for less than 10m would be superb! Ive never been overlay impressed when I've seen Kamara he seems to give the ball away a ridiculous amount of times.

2 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Two huns I work wi said 'we should of took the money offered by the Chinese'

Hahaha he still believe's there was a bid in for son of mattress!! Gullible is the only way to describe them...??

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

But clearly any interest in their players hasn't materialised due to over pricing on the Hun's part. 

Other clubs can cherry pick as Newco have to sell

No other club is going to pay anything like the Huns what or need

It will be a divisory  offer take it or leave it

They will have to take it and if they move on it will be for a undisclosed sum

One league game in and their world has collasped  already the board room in meltdown

29 minutes ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Other clubs can cherry pick as Newco have to sell

No other club is going to pay anything like the Huns what or need

It will be a divisory  offer take it or leave it

They will have to take it and if they move on it will be for a undisclosed sum

One league game in and their world has collasped  already the board room in meltdown

Yeah it will all be undisclosed 

14 hours ago, slippers said:

That article is from December 2020 so its referring to current window they need to sell. I know people dont rate Morelos on here for whatever reason but he is going to be a massive miss if they get rid. Was a story in papers today saying porto going to try and low ball rangers as they know they are desperate. The scenes if they sell prized asset for less than 10m would be superb! Ive never been overlay impressed when I've seen Kamara he seems to give the ball away a ridiculous amount of times.

Big picture, Morelos is a very average player. He hasn't done much either over the last 18 months. 

16 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

No, they will be lucky to collect £10million for that 3. They are still due money to Liverpool for kent. The whole world knows they are skint and a fire sale will happen. Suck it up huns.

1 hour ago, pocrawred said:

No, they will be lucky to collect £10million for that 3. They are still due money to Liverpool for kent. The whole world knows they are skint and a fire sale will happen. Suck it up huns.

Aye when I said decent I was talking about 5m plus offers. I don't think they'll get 8 figures for any of them. 

1 hour ago, pocrawred said:

Be funny as fuck if that were true but don't think it is. Celtic got 13.5m for Ajer with 12 months left on deal. The biggest problem they have is getting English teams interested as they are the only clubs that actually have money. If English clubs showed there hands id still expect them to get at least 20m combined for Morelos and Kent. But even then that's only covering half the debts and getting rid of there 2 best players. They are in deep ship and its hilarious. 

On 8/12/2021 at 3:52 PM, Betty Swallicks said:

They'll possibly gamble on winning the league this year as it's automatic entry to the Champions league and £30 million next season guaranteed for the winners.  Hopefully it backfires spectacularly and they go the same way as their predecessor

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, NEM said:

They'll possibly gamble on winning the league this year as it's automatic entry to the Champions league and £30 million next season guaranteed for the winners.  Hopefully it backfires spectacularly and they go the same way as their predecessor

Absolutely. 2nd place will also guarantee them group stage football, so it would be carnage if they were pushed down to at least 3rd

Just now, afc1903mad said:

Absolutely. 2nd place will also guarantee them group stage football, so it would be carnage if they were pushed down to at least 3rd

I really can't see that happening. Hibs were 14 points behind Celtic last season, and that was considered a really poor season by Celtics standards.  Celtic are looking really strong this season, despite the first few results (performances weren't as bad as results indicated as well) and I can't see Rangers dropping that many points.