Sevco Thread

Had to laugh at this...... :hysterical:

But Andrew Lamb, Fraserbrough , said: “I would like to see Rangers making moves in the summer for young Ryan Fraser at Bournemouth and I’d also bring Ryan Gauld back from Portugal.

Fucking hell man. Someone who can't even spell their home town right. My family lived their very briefly when I was a kid. Shitholes would be offended if you called Fraserburgh a shithole.

Also, what has Andrew got about people called Ryan? Who else should they make moves for Andrew? Giggs? Reynolds? Air?

• Upvote 1

See there's a video going about of Pedro going over Hamilton.

States Hamilton play 5 at the back against the top 4 (bar against the huns once)

Singles out Imrie, Crawford and Bingham

Hamilton counter attack and score from set pieces

All could be found out in about an hour of googling. Not sure if he's trying to impress folk or what but I highly doubt he's given away his masterplan in a presser so assume he has more up his sleeve than that. Certainly more than I've seen anyone else give away before.

Lots of folk laughing about it. Scottish football fans are so fucking thick it's unreal!

FFS, McLeish has no shame.....after his embarrassing "Im a rangers man" episode on telly he comes out with this...

"Alex McLeish believes he would be suited to becoming a director of football as Rangers continue their search to fill that very vacancy.

The Ibrox board have drawn up a short list for the right candidate to work with manager Pedro Caixinha and implement a new structure at Ibrox. Southampton's Ross Wilson has already knocked back the opportunity, while former Spurs head of recruitment Paul Mitchell continues to be linked.

However, ex-Rangers manager McLeish has admitted it is a role that increasingly intrigues him on the back of missing out on several managerial posts south of the border. And, despite not quite throwing his hat into the ring to be considered, the 58-year-old backed himself to have the necessary talents and expertise to fulfill the crucial post at the club he once guided to a treble.

“Go down a new career path? Well you never know," he said.

“It’s something I have considered and obviously a director of football can also be influential in terms of recruitment, which is the most important part after you install your coach.

“It’s something that has been in my mind for a wee while with getting overlooked for some of the bigger jobs in England.

“I’ve done my wee stint abroad, and I wouldn’t rule going abroad again, it was great coaching out there and working with sporting directors and directors of football. You get a wee feel for that.

“At Genk it was a wee bit different because the sporting director had chosen all the players and I just worked with a group for the whole season that were mine. I didn’t bring anyone in.

“And that was a club who were trying to consolidate and we did it quite nicely. I’ve got those kind of capabilities I feel, yeah."

McLeish had been linked with replacing Mark Warburton as manager while his name was also mentioned for the new vacancy that has yet to be filled.

Despite that, he claims no formal talks have taken place.

“No we just had a nice casual chat," added McLeish, who is part of Bt Sport's team that will be covering Aberdeen v Hearts on Saturday. "If Rangers had given me the nod that they wanted me to come back I would have asked for a further meeting just to clear some things up.

“It wasn’t a done deal if they had said ‘you are the man we are going for’. There would have been further chat as well just to understand some parameters.”

So according to JJ (lorry load of salt to hand) the QC representing BDO/Rangers (in liquidation) has conceded that all the EBT payments should have been deducted income tax.

And they have only contested that the club should have taxed these payments.

Not sure how that would have worked but I think its something to do with the treatment of workplace benefits rather than income.

Would mean they've just thrown all the EBT recipients under the bus if true.

So according to JJ (lorry load of salt to hand) the QC representing BDO/Rangers (in liquidation) has conceded that all the EBT payments should have been deducted income tax.

And they have only contested that the club should have taxed these payments.

Not sure how that would have worked but I think its something to do with the treatment of workplace benefits rather than income.

Would mean they've just thrown all the EBT recipients under the bus if true.

I fucking hope so seeing all those Huns getting screwed for tax would be brilliant.

Let's see them shouting we're Rangers men after getting bum fucked by the tax man.

• Upvote 1

"If Rangers had given me the nod that they wanted me to come back I would have asked for a further meeting just to clear some things up.

So basically no decent club in England will touch me so I'll do whatever you want me to. Think Big Eck is living in cuckoo land tbh.

Will you pay me a wage as well as covering me on my back tax bill from last time?

See there's a video going about of Pedro going over Hamilton.

States Hamilton play 5 at the back against the top 4 (bar against the huns once)

Singles out Imrie, Crawford and Bingham

Hamilton counter attack and score from set pieces

All could be found out in about an hour of googling. Not sure if he's trying to impress folk or what but I highly doubt he's given away his masterplan in a presser so assume he has more up his sleeve than that. Certainly more than I've seen anyone else give away before.

Lots of folk laughing about it. Scottish football fans are so fucking thick it's unreal!

unfortunately, you are correct.

The reaction and furore around Cathro perfectly sums it up as well. Everyone said at the time of his appointment he's be working under and being assisted by Levein, now that it happens all hell breaks loose and Cathro is being undermined and is incapable of management? It's absolutely crazy!

Apparently not correct. A Mr Andrew Thornhill (Glasgow) has been declared bankrupt by HMRC for a failed property scam.

Thankfully he got it out of the way before his day job started on Wednesday past, as a QC representing Sevco (BDO actually) in their case against HMRC re the EBTs at the supreme court.

You could not make this shit up.

Former football youth scout arrested on sex charges

A former youth football scout has been arrested by police investigating allegations of historical sex abuse.

Harry Dunn worked for clubs including Chelsea, Liverpool and Rangers.

Police said an 84-year-old man was arrested and charged with a number of "non-recent sexual offences".

Last year, Police Scotland was among forces across the UK to launch investigations into allegations of child abuse within football after reports from high-profile players.

Mr Dunn is understood to have worked with Liverpool and Rangers in the 1980s and later with Chelsea.

It is thought he now lives in Edinburgh.

I guess this is another of the stories that will be filed under "The old club" so as to be erased from history.

• Downvote 2