Sevco Thread

You can't sign pro forms here until you leave school. You can sign an acceptance of a contract offer. Not sure how the English academies work. I can assure you there's an English presence at every single game the AFC youth teams play, not only the 17's, and approaches do get made. Some get explored, some only ever want to play for Aberdeen though.....

So the lad Gilmour.

He's off to Chelski. Do his whole family go with him? Mum, Dad and Brother or would he go into digs down there?

If the family go i imagine Chelski must be providing a house for the family.

Some sacrifice from Mum and Dad for the loons career.

I'd imagine it's a scenario that must have crossed your mind once or twice ollie?

So the lad Gilmour.

He's off to Chelski. Do his whole family go with him? Mum, Dad and Brother or would he go into digs down there?

I'd imagine it's a scenario that must have crossed your mind once or twice ollie?

Its nae really a sacrifice if you live in Ayrshire. Free meal ticket out the place.

• Upvote 3
  • Admin

I thought a condition of SFA membership was having audited accounts published each year.

I'm really surprised (I'm not at all fucking surprised) that no-one in the media or the SFA are asking questions about the lack of audited accounts from the zombies.

They are audited.

Here's the statement from their auditors regarding their 'going concern' status:

We have considered the adequacy of the disclosures in note 1 to the financial statements concerning the Group’s ability to continue as a going concern.

In order to continue operations for the next 12 months the Group is dependent upon raising additional finance.

Failure to secure additional funding would result in the existence of a material uncertainty which may cast significant doubt as to the Group’s ability to continue as a going concern.

The financial statements do not include the adjustments that would result if the Group was unable to continue as a going concern

So the lad Gilmour.

I very much doubt that chief...Ollie's loon will be distinctly in the only ever want to play for Aberdeen camp...well one would like to think so after seeing his fathers less than complimentary posts on Guffy Football

So the lad Gilmour.

From our last conversation with them it wasn't a done deal, but they did say if they if it was going to happen they would do it now as their youngest son is starting academy after the summer so he'd be going to a new school anyway, so yes, the family would be moving lock, stock. I don't know what the job situation would be but i recall a story from years ago that a sought after player's dad was employed as the head groundsman at the clubs training ground on silly money, despite never having set foot in it. I think it may have been someone like Mark Noble at West Ham. i would imagine that would be the kind of sweeteners on offer.

I'd be a liar if I said I'd never thought about what might be if the loon keeps progressing, and he's had tentative approaches. But I would never interfere with his fledgling career, and at this moment, as intimated above, all he wants to do is play for the Dons.

• Upvote 2

The biggest thing for me if I had a son at the academy is progression to the first team. We have by looks one of/if not the best 17s sides in country. If these players don't get a chance within the next 2-3 years it could seriously damage our system as many parents will see their chance of their son breaking through as very slim.

You can't blame them for moving to Chelsea to set up their family for the rest of their lives. You would suspect that he will make the grade as a pro if he did move even if he did find his level at a league 2 side down their.

From our last conversation with them it wasn't a done deal, but they did say if they if it was going to happen they would do it now as their youngest son is starting academy after the summer so he'd be going to a new school anyway, so yes, the family would be moving lock, stock. I don't know what the job situation would be but i recall a story from years ago that a sought after player's dad was employed as the head groundsman at the clubs training ground on silly money, despite never having set foot in it. I think it may have been someone like Mark Noble at West Ham. i would imagine that would be the kind of sweeteners on offer.

I'd be a liar if I said I'd never thought about what might be if the loon keeps progressing, and he's had tentative approaches. But I would never interfere with his fledgling career, and at this moment, as intimated above, all he wants to do is play for the Dons.

I hope that happens.

If a hun is going to be offered money for doing fuck all then I imagine they'll be on that like a fly on shit.

The biggest thing for me if I had a son at the academy is progression to the first team. We have by looks one of/if not the best 17s sides in country. If these players don't get a chance within the next 2-3 years it could seriously damage our system as many parents will see their chance of their son breaking through as very slim.

Yeah, I get what you're saying, but I don't think there would be many would turn down the opportunity to join the academy if it arose. With no disrespect, I'd rather give myself the chance of progressing through the age groups at Aberdeen than Albion. Unless under exceptional circumstances, you'd have to be part of the academy to have a chance. Ultimately, that chance will come if you are good enough.

I hope that happens.

Cheers KSL.

All the best for the entire family! default_ok.gif

I wonder if good old Pedro got told he'd have to have one of Baz Ferguson, bomber brown, Alex rae or Peter Lovenkrands as part of his team. Saw nacho novo sulking to the papers that he's not got an interview as well after all he's done for the current board!

Rumour is Pedro's said he'll take the one that could actually string two sentences together and its just taking them a wee minute to work out which one he means.

Rumour is Pedro's said he'll take the one that could actually string two sentences together and its just taking them a wee minute to work out which one he means.

I think he should propose sending them all to a bullfight and selecting the winner.

My money is on the jakey, bomber, the bull will run a mile when it smells the booze from seeping from every pore.

Ferguson - failure with 4th div Clyde

Brown - Helped relegate dundee, sacked

Rae - Nearly relegated St Mirren to div 3, sacked

Lovenkrands - co commentator on hun tv

What a choice!

Guest milne_afc

I note that still no mention at all on the BBC Site of the resignation of 3 directors from The Rangers football club.

Call me cynical but whenever there is a line of bullshit to spin full time Rangers correspondent Richard Wilson is usually all over this sort of thing.

What do we conclude from that exactly....

Maybe it's a load of shit.

I note that still no mention at all on the BBC Site of the resignation of 3 directors from The Rangers football club.

Call me cynical but whenever there is a line of bullshit to spin full time Rangers correspondent Richard Wilson is usually all over this sort of thing.

What do we conclude from that exactly....

Not a fucking backbone between them, no doubt its all just a coincidence though.