Sevco Thread

Ridiculously entitled post. What you are describing is part-and-parcel of the expectation levels that come from supporting a 'big' team.

If I showed your comments to a fan of, say, Falkirk or Dumbarton they'd be beating a path to your door armed with pitchforks and flaming torches.

The point? THE FUCKING POINT? There is no point. Poodler and Manboobs have it about right: go to the game, enjoy yourself, it's 90 minutes of escapism from the otherwise unrelenting drudgery of existence. When I was about 12 I thought that there was a 'point' to football but I thankfully outgrew that attitude. For your own mental wellbeing I strongly suggest you do likewise.

I've got plenty Dunfermline pals, and often they echo similar sentiments, especially when they were down a couple leagues.

I don't think it's as entitled a statement as is made out, my point is, we consider ourselves the 3rd best team in Scotland, and since 1995 we have had one League Cup. The lesser of the trophies to win up here.

Its painful to grasp, last year at the SCF, I was admittedly in tears at the final whistle as the team showed me that they might actually do it this year. Alas, it all went the way of the Old Firm- once again. What bothered me though, was as I was walking out to my mates car, there were more Celtic fans on the streets than dons- this was even before Celtic had lifted the trophy.

To them, missing traffic was more important than watching their team lift a treble. Makes me think, what's the point, these guys take it for granted, I put as much money and effort in as these guys and I get nothing back.

Souness is a prick. Doesn't even realise he is a major reason why there isn't a 'strong Rangers'.

Idiots like Souness are the first to complain that we don't produce enough quality players for the clubs to qualify for Europe, the national team to qualify for tournaments etc. Is it any wonder when all that ever happens is Scottish football is talked about like some pub league by the guys on Sky etc which is then broadcast across the world, meaning less sponsorships, investment etc therefore less chance of clubs being able to improve??

^ you sound like you don't actually enjoy watching football, just want a bit of reflected glory.

Not true. I love watching football, will watch about any game that's on within reason. I don't think there's anything wrong with trying to grasp why it is we underachieve so much. If I supported Inverness or St J or County or whoever, I wouldn't expect much but going to the game and maybe enjoying the odd scalp. But as an Aberdeen fan, think I can expect a bit more than an arsehole collapse against the OF and a sprinkling of cup wins here and there? Not unreasonable IMO.

Unbelievable interview from him. Why they even broadcast shite like that is beyond me. Someone who doesn't give one shite about the Scottish game what so ever.

Completely agree except for your confusion why they broadcast this stuff.

For the same reason they broadcast the musings of Kris Boyd or Keith Jackson, or Derek Johnson or Chick Young or Richard Gough or countless other Rangers cheerleaders.

Scottish sports journalism is all about the huns, they are obsessed, the journo's, their editors, the whole lot of them.

Apparently Willie Millertache was pretty scathing on the radio about it last night. Anyone hear it?

Totally ripped him apart. Chic Young inevitably stuck up for Souness but Willie and Tom English ripped him as well. Worth listening to if it's on the podcast.

Even Richard 'Neutral' Gordon was saying how ridiculous an interview it was.

Apparently Willie Millertache was pretty scathing on the radio about it last night. Anyone hear it?

Aye, Willie was fizzing. Almost spat out the words 'former teammate'. Pointed out it's always folk who don't live in Scotland and don't watch Scottish football that come away with this pish. As Richard Gordon said, who cares what arseholes abroad think. If you look at attendances this season it could be argued the game is thriving up here.

Aye, Willie was fizzing. Almost spat out the words 'former teammate'. Pointed out it's always folk who don't live in Scotland and don't watch Scottish football that come away with this pish. As Richard Gordon said, who cares what arseholes abroad think. If you look at attendances this season it could be argued the game is thriving up here.

Aye, if you polled Scottish fitba fans (outside the ugly sisters) right now, I'm sure that they would all agree that it's shite. I'm sure though, they would all agree that it's better like this than it was before the hun club died.

They will find it hard to interest managers, if they keep this up.

A manager there doesnt just have to produce decent results, but also satisfy the huns delusions of grandeur and belief in a divine right to success.

How long was Pedro there for 20-something games? approx half that with his new squad?

Before the killie game, he was 3rd in the league and had got to a cup semi. Any other team in the world would probably regard that as decent for a new manager trying to build something.

I think it smacks of desperate short-termism by the board, eager for a scapegoat. Amazing the orcs fall for it, if I was one of the bin-raking cave-dwellers, Id be more worried about how King was described as "penniless" during to the recent TP court case!