Translation - he had one halfway reasonable performance for St Johnstone before the inevitable six months on the sidelines having inadvertently tripped over a daisy.

I could be wrong but by my calculations he has played 180 mins of football over 3 matches:

33 mins v Hibs

69 mins v Dun Utd

78 mins v Celtic

So in this extremely limited timeframe he was their best player and terrific?

Fair enough if true.

I could be wrong but by my calculations he has played 180 mins of football over 3 matches:

33 mins v Hibs

69 mins v Dun Utd

78 mins v Celtic

So in this extremely limited timeframe he was their best player and terrific?

Fair enough if true.

To be fair I read it on here, it may even have been Millertime who said it but he did have a great game against celtic by all accounts.

He got injured, apparently he was their best player until then. Is he back with us?

Only played 3 games - came on as a sub in first then subbed in 2nd and 3rd!!

Shame for lad as had so much potential but with injuries just never progressed at all.

Edit: Oops - too late.

Pawlett's a write off. How many years has he been here now?

Looked to have great potential but is injured far too often to get a run going.

Don't think I'd offer him a new deal.

Agree. When you see the punishment Ryan Fraser has received from Scottish defenders during his extended run in the team this season, then you'd have to doubt whether Pawlett is ever going to be cut out for a career in the SPL. I don't think he could stand up to that sort of treatment on a regular basis. Very sad.

Translation - he had one halfway reasonable performance for St Johnstone before the inevitable six months on the sidelines having inadvertently tripped over a daisy.

Nail on the head.

Pawlett's a write off. How many years has he been here now?

Looked to have great potential but is injured far too often to get a run going.

Don't think I'd offer him a new deal.

Again nail on the head.

St Johnstone's best player until he was injured again.

Who came out with that absurd statement originally?

Is he even fit just now?

If he is I'd be inclined to play him, to see how he gets on.

With absence of Fraser for who know's how long it could be Pawletts opportunity.

Or he could just break down again which is the more likely scenario.

Shame really.

It's worth considering that Coventry fans were probably saying something similar about Isaac Osborne not too long ago.

But then there's Jamie Smith....

Don't think Pawlett is on par with Jamie Smith as a footballer but sadly more than his equal in terms of injuries. I'd like to see him survive a run of games and be played in a side that was consistently biased towards attacking - I'm not convinced that we could achieve one of those let alone both. Still I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.

To be fair, he probably was their best player in the three matches he played in. Remember when we played St Johnstone at the start of the season? They were utter pish.

Anyway, live in Perth and a few Saints fans say they are a bit gutted that he is being recalled as when he plays he is awesome and were hoping to convince us to let him go in January.

Think Pawlett is injured Tord? Not exactly a shock I know.

Low can play midfield, so definitely get him back if we can, would rather he was in there than Vernon for example.

I'd imagine he is but can't play for us until January anyway so the break

might do him some good.

Until his next injury.

I really thought he had great potential and it's a shame he's had such a horrendous time with injuries.

Think Pawlett is injured Tord? Not exactly a shock I know.

Low can play midfield, so definitely get him back if we can, would rather he was in there than Vernon for example.

Thought he was a left winger? (Basing this purely on Football Manager)

Edit: Just seen an interview saying he was a left mid but played in the centre for Forfar :thumbup1:

• 2 weeks later...

Saw the highlights from St J's game against Hearts and Pawlett looked pretty good. Couple of chances he should have scored from.

If he didn't have injury problems he'd be a really good option for us. I'd take him back in January and see what we can get out of him. If it's a case of not being able to stay fit for longer than twenty minutes again though, we would have to get rid.