2 words for you;

Ryan and Fraser

Scott and Muirhead

John and Stewart

Fergus and Tiernan

But realistically Fraser came from nowhere and hit ground running. Pawlett been around first team for ove 4 and half years and folk want new deal on back of 3 or so good games!!

Scott and Muirhead

John and Stewart

Fergus and Tiernan

But realistically Fraser came from nowhere and hit ground running. Pawlett been around first team for ove 4 and half years and folk want new deal on back of 3 or so good games!!

Fair dos with the players you have mentioned there

Pawlett however also had a good spell at St Johnstone and seems to have the injury problem in the past (hopefully)

I don't think many doubted Pawlett had the ability and pace to succeed bit his physique was a problem- he looks a lot stronger now

He was our best player when willo was in our team, I can assume that's because he had less responsibility in midfield and was mainly focused on attacking.

Since Smith has been used CM we probably haven't dominated games as well, thus limiting Pawlett going forward.

Once willo or robson gets back then he will shine again :cool:

12th of December 2012 he had played 1 game in 3 months at St Johnstone???

....and I saw not a second of his game time at Saints. I base my opinions on what I saw over many games at AFC. For me Pawlett looked a far better player than Fyvie ever did - only time will tell I suppose.

Just like I think there is never a player in Clark Robertson but there is in Nicky Low & Cammy Smith.

• 1 month later...

A good wee player but not worth breaking the bank to keep, not with nicky low coming through.

I'd disagree, He's been brilliant this season so far. I think he's finally starting to show his potential, he's still young and I think he can still improve his game greatly and become a better player if he continues in the same way so definitely worth keeping. He's obviously been working his arse off and it's paying off so club should be recognising that sort of attitude and talent. Not so long ago I was ready to give up on Pawlett, always felt he had the talent and potential but just never knew if he'd realise it. He hasn't realised it yet but he's doing the right things at this moment in time.

Funnily enough my dad texted me with that exact same observation on Monday night, about him being reminiscent of Jess. Certainly a similarity of styles in that both play like wingers but can be deployed through the middle. A very useful outlet for a team to have.

What Pawlett lacks at the moment, relative to the young EJ, is that ability to hold the ball with his back to goal. Whenever I see Jess in my mind's eye that's exactly what he's doing, twisting and turning all the while to buy himself a yard of space and then either exploding into that space himself or laying the ball off to another attacker. He was a genius at that, literally one of the finest players I've ever seen in that regard.

Pawlett is not YET in that class, but he is showing all the right signs this season of developing into something quite special. And he's cut-out the diving nonsense as well, instead choosing to stay on his feet and then berate the officials when the decision doesn't go his way (a much healthier attitude!)

Keep it up PP.