Aberdeen V Killie

Having seen the tv coverage of the incident it was a pen but never a sending off. Think Aberdeen will appeal that decision.

Hope we dinny appeal it. Could very well be a blessing in disguise. Brown is away in Jan so throw the young lad in at the deep end. Could be the making of him.

No reason our youth system cannot produce keepers to. If he's not able to cover & in doing so cement his place then why have him.

Give the lad a chance. Bet he's champing at the bit to give it a go.

What we got to lose. Changers isn't getting asked to do much in most games in all honesty cos defence is mostly doing a good job.

Bin the pretender.

Hope we dinny appeal it. Could very well be a blessing in disguise. Brown is away in Jan so throw the young lad in at the deep end. Could be the making of him.

No reason our youth system cannot produce keepers to. If he's not able to cover & in doing so cement his place then why have him.

Give the lad a chance. Bet he's champing at the bit to give it a go.

What we got to lose. Changers isn't getting asked to do much in most games in all honesty cos defence is mostly doing a good job.

Bin the pretender.

I agree. Throw in the young lad and let's see what he can do.

What's the worst that could happen? He couldn't be much worse than Clangers.

I agree. Throw in the young lad and let's see what he can do.

What's the worst that could happen? He couldn't be much worse than Clangers.

Well I suppose the worst that could happen is he could get 5 goals pumped past him. No reason to think he will mind you.

Something makes me think Brown will appeal the decision if he thinks he has a chance of getting Langfield back. We really need to sign a keeper in Jan for competition with Langfield.

Didn't see the 1stincident as was getting food, 2nd goal the Killie player who crossed it in looked miles offside. I thought we were average in the 1st half but much better in the 2nd, you would think Killie had the 10 men, just poor finishing touch we had, still think it was us who deserved the 3 points. The 2 home league games before this were much poorer imo

• Upvote 1

Didn't see the 1stincident as was getting food, 2nd goal the Killie player who crossed it in looked miles offside. I thought we were average in the 1st half but much better in the 2nd, you would think Killie had the 10 men, just poor finishing touch we had, still think it was us who deserved the 3 points. The 2 home league games before this were much poorer imo

So you think the team is improving and performing well?

• Downvote 1

What's your critique of the game yesterday?

I wasn't there, so my opinion wouldn't count. Only saw highlights, and listened to Northsound commentary. What I saw on the highlights didn't look all that bad, but there are weak links in the team with players who for whatever reason are just not contributing. The fact that the Killie player managed to run half way along the pitch with the ball before the penalty doesn't excuse Langfield but they all just seemed to stand and look at him as he went through. It seems fashionable to lay all the blame on Langfield but others are equally culpable. There's too much emphasis on the injury issues as an excuse. The problems are deeper than that.

I wasn't there, so my opinion wouldn't count. Only saw highlights, and listened to Northsound commentary. What I saw on the highlights didn't look all that bad, but there are weak links in the team with players who for whatever reason are just not contributing. The fact that the Killie player managed to run half way along the pitch with the ball before the penalty doesn't excuse Langfield but they all just seemed to stand and look at him as he went through. It seems fashionable to lay all the blame on Langfield but others are equally culpable. There's too much emphasis on the injury issues as an excuse. The problems are deeper than that.

We'll leave it there.

• Upvote 1

Brilliant. I knew that reaction was inevitable. Perhaps the rules of this forum should say only those who go to all matches can post an opinion. That would kill it off completely.

I just don't understand how folk who weren't there can possibly form an opinion on the performance based on the radio or 4 minutes of highlits, hence why I don't do it myself other than token comments like "great result" or "that was a game we needed to win".

You'd posted the usual negative tripe before folk at the game had even got home.

Langfield should never go to ground there unless he knows he is getting the ball. If he stands his ground, the player still takes the same touch away, and the goal scoring opportunity is gone. Never a red though. The first half was dire though, and the only moment of interest arose because our entire team was posted missing for 20 seconds or so.

Seemed to come out with more intent in the second half, I think largely because Magennis caused more problems with his presence than Fallon. Still very little to cause Bell any problems.

Don't think injuries can be entirely to blame. Our only attacking players missing are Fraser and to a degree, Hughes. We are struggling to score goals at home and that is not due to the injuries. It is tactics and off form players in attack that are causing that.

I just don't understand how folk who weren't there can possibly form an opinion on the performance based on the radio or 4 minutes of highlits, hence why I don't do it myself other than token comments like "great result" or "that was a game we needed to win".

You'd posted the usual negative tripe before folk at the game had even got home.

So everyone who was at the game came away positive, hopeful and happy? Like yourself, maybe?

Don't think injuries can be entirely to blame. Our only attacking players missing are Fraser and to a degree, Hughes. We are struggling to score goals at home and that is not due to the injuries. It is tactics and off form players in attack that are causing that.

Agree and disagree.

You can't say attacking players are the only ones responsible for making/taking chances. It's hard to get the ball forward and control the match when your midfield is made up of a centre half, striker, goalkeeper/rightback/striker and a clearly unfit 35 year old

• Upvote 2

Agree and disagree.

You can't say attacking players are the only ones responsible for making/taking chances. It's hard to get the ball forward and control the match when your midfield is made up of a centre half, striker, goalkeeper/rightback/striker and a clearly unfit 35 year old

I'd agree if our goals were ever really coming from good play through central midfield. They don't really, it has been more from wide areas this year and players were still getting plenty of the ball out there yesterday.

Our tactics yesterday were bizarre yet again. Somehow we regularly seem to end up with a line striker and a 2 man central midfield. To me that is ridiculous given the personnel we currently have out. Either go 2 man central midfield but have a second striker, or reinforce the area we are getting over run in leaving it with a lone striker.

And while Brown is at it (and I'm getting bored of saying it), stop playing wingers on the wrong fucking side.

To add to my point, with people available yesterday, we could have gone:

GK: whoever

RB: Magennis

LB: Robertson

CB: Considine

CB: Reynolds/Shaughnessy

RM: McGinn

LM: Hayes

CM: Rae

CM: Reynolds/Shaughnessy

CF: Fallon

CF: Vernon/McManus

If it has to be 4-5-1, then Vernon dropped back, or Masson/Smith in. That midfield is immediately stronger in the challenge, and if it were Shaughnessy, probably a lot more comfortable on the ball than Vernon. Saves Rae having to do all the donkey work in there which perhaps frees him up to support the attack more, which he was doing to good effect earlier in the season. Full back areas may be a bit concerning with that lineup, but Killie's wingers barely impacted on the game yesterday.

Have you ready any of the comments from folk who were at the game? From memory OJ thought we were worth a draw, Mouse thought we deserved to win and everyone else thought we were shite.

We were awful yesterday.

Yes, I read the posts frequently and diligently. I also read as many match reports as I can find on the net. I watch all the Dons games on SKY/ESPN/ALBA. If that makes me negative, so be it.

So you think the team is improving and performing well?

Certainly not. Finishing is piss poor and the "injury crisis" pulls the wool over the eyes at bit. At the end of the day, all other teams will get injuries too, but given the depth of our squad compared to last season we should still be doing a lot better especially given our budget in comparison to other teams. It's embarrassing seeing us continue to falter each season, with "smaller" teams such as Motherwell consistently finishing above us

• Upvote 2