Aberdeen Crimewatch

Henry

POLICE today released CCTV images of a man wanted in connection with an early morning sexual assault in Aberdeen.

Officers are investigating an assault on a 30-year-old woman in the Bridge of Dee area of Aberdeen on the morning of Sunday, June 30.
Police Scotland have urged anyone who recognises the man pictured in the CCTV footage to contact them as soon as possible.

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/3428059

MORE than £1,000 of musical instruments were stolen from a car in Aberdeen.

The theft occurred in the Gallowgate area of the city between 8.30pm on Sunday and 12.40am on Monday where entry was forced to a parked car.
As a result, a variety of musical instruments valued at a low four-figure sum of money were stolen.
Police Scotland are appealing for information on the incident.

Has anyone on here taken up a musical instrument recently? :sherlock:

Police have launched an investigation after thousands of pounds worth of tobacco and cigarettes were stolen.

Officers from Police Scotland in Aberdeen are appealing for witnesses after the break-in at a commercial premises in the city’s Victoria Road, near the junction with Menzies Road.
The theft took place between 5.30pm on Wednesday October 16 and 5.30am on the Thursday October 17.
A spokesman for Police Scotland said: “As a result of the incident, a large quantity of tobacco products valued at a high four-figure sum was stolen.

Witnesses are being sought after an armed robber targeted a shop in Aberdeen.

At around 6.45am on Wednesday the thief entered RS McColls on Provost Watt Drive and threatened staff before running off with tobacco products "with an estimated value of a low-two figure sum", police said.
A weapon was presented however no-one was injured during the incident.
The suspect is described as being of thin build, about 5ft 7in in height and was wearing a black jacket, black tracksuit bottoms and dark shoes.
Detective Inspector Lorna Ferguson said: "This type of incident is rare in Aberdeen and I want to appeal to members of the public who may have witnessed this to come forward with any information they have."

Has anyone on here been trying to sell knock-off fags recently? :sherlock:

POLICE were today investigating a late-night break-in at an Aberdeen golf centre.

At 1am on Saturday, three thieves stole a reported £30,000 of clothing and equipment from Paul Lawrie Golf Centre off South Deeside Road, Aberdeen.
It is the third in a string of similar incidents, beginning on October 17 when up to £10,000 of gear was stolen from Murcar Golf Club in Bridge of Don, Aberdeen.
Seven days later, thieves broke into Dunes Golf Driving Range in Fraserburgh.

Has anyone been trying to sell golf gear recently? :sherlock:

Tough talk from AFChat superstar Paul Lawrie.

Thieves who made off with £30,000 of equipment from Paul Lawrie's golf shop have been told to 'get a job' by the 1999 Open champion.

The masked gang broke into Lawrie's Golf Centre in Banchory-Devenick, Aberdeenshire, at 1am on Saturday morning before making off with expensive golf clubs and clothing.
Lawrie, who was competing in the BMW Masters in China at the weekend, vented his fury on Twitter. Attaching a picture of the door the gang smashed to enter his shop, the Aberdeen-born golfer said: "Scum bags #getajob."
He added: "We have good CCTV but they were all wearing balaclavas and gloves. I'm hoping AFChat's Crimewatch thread will bring these thieves to justice. #yourmummustbeproud #Harcus."
Robbie Stewart, director of golf at the centre, believed the robbers must have visited the shop beforehand to find out where the valuable items were located and admitted it felt "sickening" that staff probably helped them find what they would eventually steal.
He said: "They burst the padlock and chain at the top gates of the drive and gained entry. They broke a lower panel of glass in the door and crawled through that into the shop.
"We can see the car coming in and parking as close as possible and then they just filled the boot and back.
"They absolutely knew what they were going for. They must have been in the shop a few days before, so we'll have spoken to them and welcomed them to the shop while they were scheming on how to pull one over on us."
The culprits stole about £30,000-worth of golf clubs and clothing before making their getaway in a silver Audi A4 with stolen local registration plates.
Lawrie's shop is the third Aberdeenshire golf club to be targeted by thieves in the last four weeks, with a total of almost £100,000 worth of items stolen.
On Thursday October 24, thieves broke into Murcar Golf Club in Aberdeen between 2.30am and 2.50am, stealing £10,000-worth of equipment and clothing. And in September, thieves disabled CCTV cameras and motion sensors before raiding Dunes Golf Driving Range at Fraserburgh, making off with about £50,000 worth of clothes and equipment.
A Police Scotland spokeswoman appealed for witnesses and said the force were "keeping an open mind" about whether any of the three break-ins were related.
She said: "We are investigating a high value theft, which occurred at 1am on Saturday October 26 at The Paul Lawrie Golf Centre, Blairs, Aberdeenshire. A large amount of Galvin Green clothing and TaylorMade golf clubs were stolen from the premises. It is believed a silver coloured Audi A4 was used by the perpetrators, who had sourced stolen number plates in the local area."
  • 2 weeks later...

Currently away working off of Africa and a few days ago had my flat mate message me saying that some prick has smashed into my car.

The guy smashed into my car and did a runner leaving the car. Although the police have sent a procurator fiscal (which leads me to believe they have someone for it)

Leaving me with a written off car and an offer of pitance for my current motor. They're wanting me to pay the excess until the can figure out if the guilty party has insurance or not and have been told I can claim this back but I know this will drag on. Plus also loose 2 years of my no claims bonus. Which is shite.

Anyone else had problems with being hit by an uninsured driver.

Just been on the Motor Insurance Bureau website and hopefully I can make a claim through them. Anyone used this service before?

Currently away working off of Africa and a few days ago had my flat mate message me saying that some prick has smashed into my car.

The guy smashed into my car and did a runner leaving the car. Although the police have sent a procurator fiscal (which leads me to believe they have someone for it)

Leaving me with a written off car and an offer of pitance for my current motor. They're wanting me to pay the excess until the can figure out if the guilty party has insurance or not and have been told I can claim this back but I know this will drag on. Plus also loose 2 years of my no claims bonus. Which is shite.

Just been on the Motor Insurance Bureau website and hopefully I can make a claim through them. Anyone used this service before?

• Upvote 1

Only one o in lose.

I go for for protected no claims bonus, saves losing any in the event of an accident.

You should get market value for your car as well, it's really important that you don't accept the first offer your insurance comapny makes, this is ALWAYS an opening offer, just say no way and they'll come back with an improvement. The excess I just think you'll have to pay and try to claim back.

The pair had previously admitted keeping, managing or assisting in the management of a brothel at an address on Union Grove, Aberdeen, between March 1 and October 16 this year.

The women were charging around £140 an hour for services.

the pair, who both had their address given at Aberdeen Sheriff Court as Ground Floor Right, 286, Union Grove, Aberdeen,

Don't you just love the anonymity of the justice system.

I wonder how many people have been knocking on bottom right 286 union grove recently???????