Aberdeen Crimewatch

Henry

• 2 weeks later...

More than £30,000 worth of precious artwork has gone missing from galleries and museums in Aberdeen.

Statistics unveiled in a Freedom of Information (FOI) request showed that 20 items are missing from the Aberdeen Art Gallery and other council-run museums.
On the city council's system, the whereabouts of the missing paintings - worth £31,100 in total - are logged as "unknown". Some of the pieces have been missing for almost 90 years.
An Aberdeen City Council spokesman said: "The whereabouts of the artworks referred to in the FOI is unknown at this time and dates back to the last century, in one case to the 1920s while others have been unaccounted for since the 1960s and the 1990s.
"As a commitment to good practice the council now has a robust electronic collections management database which contains the registration numbers of all artworks, including those referred to in the FOI.
"This ensures that if any of the artworks appears in public in the future, we will be able to establish that we are the rightful owners of the piece. The council's electronic system is a far better tool than our predecessors had available to them.
"We have an audit system which every month randomly checks the location of items across the entire collection."Also in place is a monthly audit which specifically checks the locations of high value items."
Aberdeen Art Gallery opened in 1885 and stores 19th, 20th and 21st century items, making it a tourist hotspot in the Granite City.
Local artist Shelagh Swanson, who runs her own gallery in the city called Oil and Glass, said: "It's a bit of a shame that these have gone missing. Every piece of art tells a story, so hopefully these turn up."
Aberdeen SNP councillor Graham Dickson lamented the loss of the artwork which he claimed were an "important part" of the city's history. He said: "If people know the whereabouts of any of the items it would be great for the city council.
"I am sure the city council officers are doing all they can to retrieve them."

Has anyone been trying to offload cheap art recently? :sherlock:

• Upvote 1

http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/news/local/exclusive-dundee-star-gavin-rae-s-car-stolen-1.158033

Dundee skipper Gavin Rae has talked of his shock after thieves stole his car from the driveway of his house in Aberdeen.

The culprits, who police believe were joyriders, actually opened the front door of Rae’s family home, grabbed the keys to his Volkswagen Tiguan, and snatched it from right under his nose.

“I’d just come home and was sitting having a bowl of cereal when I heard my car engine revving. I ran outside and this guy was reversing out of my drive and there was nothing I could do to stop him.

“It’s not a nice thought that someone opened the door of the house and reach in to get the keys.”

http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/news/local/exclusive-dundee-star-gavin-rae-s-car-stolen-1.158033

Dundee skipper Gavin Rae has talked of his shock after thieves stole his car from the driveway of his house in Aberdeen.

The culprits, who police believe were joyriders, actually opened the front door of Rae’s family home, grabbed the keys to his Volkswagen Tiguan, and snatched it from right under his nose.

“I’d just come home and was sitting having a bowl of cereal when I heard my car engine revving. I ran outside and this guy was reversing out of my drive and there was nothing I could do to stop him.

“It’s not a nice thought that someone opened the door of the house and reach in to get the keys.”

He bides in your neck of the woods in Westhill doesn't he Pash?

Went downhill since you moved out here.

• Upvote 1

My mate left his car open last week and in the morning he went to work and found all the doors open and the boot. He thought i had got pissed and was talking the piss, when he checked the contents of the glove box he found everything in there, The finest cd collection to every be accumaltedm, couple pairs oh Ray bans and other trok..

When he went into the boot they had stolen his bag oh PPE and his Car Manuals.

The next day he got a call fae the Fuzz saying that all his stuff was in Bucksburn Police station. Nae that iv ever tea leafed stuff fae a car but surely cd's and Ray Bans are better than a boilersuit and a pair oh Gillete's.....

Fuckin mental these jake's nowadays!!!!!

POLICE have appealed for witnesses after thieves raided a Co-operative store’s warehouse.

The theft, which happened at the shop on Buckie’s Church Street, saw alcohol worth more than £1,000 stolen.
The stolen alcohol included bottles of whisky, wine and brandy.
The theft happened between 5.30am and 5.45am on Sunday.
Anyone who has any information on the incident is asked to contact Police Scotland on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 if they wish to be anonymous.

Has anyone seen a shaggy haired gentleman trying to sell knock-off booze recently? :sherlock:

• 2 weeks later...

A bogus email was sent to parents of primary school youngsters asking for personal details and a picture of their upper body.

The email, pretending to be sent from the non-existent Aberdeenshire Rugby organisation, asked for the child's date of birth, height, weight, medical conditions and a photo. Police Scotland are now investigating the emails.
The email also promises a place on a free 12-week rugby training programme being launched in the area. It appears the sender knew who they were targeting, as it was received by the parents of players at Ellon Rugby Club.
Gareth Kemp, the club's vice-president, said: "It was very worrying for the parents that the person sending the email knew their son was a rugby player.
"When a second parent, followed by several more, also revealed they were contacted, it became - very slightly, less worrying - but it is of great concern to us about who has sent this email.
"After being made aware of the incidents at the weekend, Gareth, also a youth coach at Ellon and other club officials spent hours trying to find out if Aberdeenshire Rugby was a legitimate organisation.
The content of the email sent by the fictitious Aberdeenshire Rugby organisation explains to parents that the organisation has itself received an email "regarding your son's performance at rugby and we would like to invite him to some of our new training sessions in Aberdeen."
It goes on to say: "Information we will require for your child would be his name, date of birth, what area you are from in Aberdeenshire, any medical conditions which may affect rugby (picture of upper body included preferably) and also weights and dimensions."
Mr Kemp contacted the Scottish Rugby Association straight away to see if it was something they had set up. When it was established that was not the case, the club contacted the police, the SRU child-protection team in Edinburgh and several children's charities.
After alerting the authorities, the club's coaching staff held an emergency meeting on Sunday.
Mr Kemp said: "We have made sure that all clubs in the (Aberdeen) city and shire are aware of the issue. Our club is already strict on child-protection matters and has always requested that children should be collected from training by parents and guardians.
"This policy applies to all children under 18 and we have re-emphasised it because of the emails. Community police officers have also said they will increase patrols to provide an increased police presence in the area."
Councillor Martin Greig, chairman of Aberdeen Community Safety Partnership, labelled the emails "sinister and offensive".
He said: "Hopefully the police will be able to gather sufficient intelligence so that the person responsible can be identified and questioned.
"The welfare of young people is very thoroughly protected by strict standards followed by authorised sports groups in Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire. This sinister and offensive approach is extremely disturbing."
Both Aberdeen City Council and Aberdeenshire Council confirmed the emails were not from a verified source.
Police Scotland said on Tuesday they had received a complaint about the email and were investigating.

Any rugby-loving paedos on here? :sherlock:

A double bed, coffee table and flat-screen television have been stolen from a house in Aberdeenshire.

The items were stolen from the property in the Old School Place area of Banff between 12pm on November 15, and 8.30pm on December 16.
The items, which included a glass Rennie McIntosh coffee table, are thought to be worth almost £1000.
Officers are appealing for anyone who may have any information to get in touch.
A spokesman said: “Police Scotland are investigating a theft from a house in Banff, Aberdeenshire.
“The incident occurred between 12pm on November 15, and 8.30pm on December 16, at a property in the Old School Place area.
“As a result of the incident, a number of large items of furniture were stolen including a flat-screen television, a Rennie McIntosh coffee table with a glass top and a double bed, worth a high-three figure sum in total.
“Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact Police Scotland on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 if you wish to remain anonymous.”

Has anyone on here been boasting about getting a new coffee table recently? :sherlock: