Soldier Killed By Two Attackers In Woolwich

My wife's an Arab, not a Muslim. I personally don't give a flying fuck about Islam, Christianity or Judaism, and nor does she, so don't curb your tone for my benefit. If you think I'm somehow 'defending Islam' based on personal bias or whatever then you're dead wrong.

My concern isn't that it's Muslims who are being targeted, it's that any group finds itself vilified and subject to hate based upon the actions of a few idiots.

There are something like 1.5 billion Muslims on the planet... something like 11 (allegedly) flew planes into some American buildings over a decade ago, a couple bombed a bus in London, and now a couple of nutters perform a media-friendly execution in the middle of a busy street. Frankly I'd say the chances of getting struck by lightning are greater than the chances of a Muslim spoiling your day.

Put it this way... the Catholic church makes a habit of raping children. That's a matter of documented fact... the Catholic church rapes kids and covers it up. What we DON'T then see is mass hysteria from the public, terrified that the Catholic next door is going to rape their kids. We don;t see front page headlines dedicated to slamming the billion odd Catholics because Catholic priests are paedophiles.

Now you seem to be concerned that Mohammed may have been a paedo, even though at that time it was acceptable to fuck young girls, largely because life expectancy was so short that anyone making it into their thirties was considered 'elderly'. This happened in Europe too, amongst Christians. Let's just take two examples.

Mohammed was married to this kid around, I don't know, around 600AD or something. I don't know the exact date and it's not that important.

Charles II of England married his wife when she was 7, this was in the 1300's or so. Presumably he didn't wait till she was 16 before he fucked her.

By modern reckoning, they're a couple of paedos. By any measure of rational thought, however, attaching modern ethics (as I've said) to ancient society is nonsensical. To put it another way, if the pro-life, radical Christian right wingers take charge of the world in a thousand years, you automatically become a mass murderer (retrospectively) if you so much as had one wank. You, literally, will have been responsible for more deaths than Hitler and Stalin combined... you fucking maniac.

Nonsensical to attach the societal ethics of a future cultural moral code upon you or I sitting having a casual wank 1000 years in the past?

You know it is.

So was Mohammed a paedo, well obviously not in the context of the the age.

Is Daytripping a homicidal maniac, responsible for the deaths of millions of spunks?

Future generations might well say yes, I'm afraid.

Anyway, once again, people focus on the Muslims... Mohammed was a paedo, well, no he wasn't, and nor was Charles II. Nor were any of the people back then who banged kids, because attaching modern thinking to thousand year old societies is a nonsensical exercise.

If you want to know what really bothers me here.. it's fuck all to do with the demographic being vilified... it's the fact that a demographic is being vilified. And a demographic that, generally, leaves us all well the fuck alone, despite us raining bombs on them, killing and mutilating their children, and stealing their resources. I'd say the response to our actions has been pretty fucking restrained.

Cast your mind back to the 1930s.

Nationalism was on the rise in Europe. In Germany there was economic chaos, there were millions out of work, living at or below the poverty line. It's human nature to blame someone for the shit we find ourselves in. It was human nature then and it's human nature now. Hitler rose to power because he gave a voice to people's frustrations, and he promised a better life. He'd get rid of the Jews and the Communists, because, hey... there was hyperinflation, mass unemployment and national depression because of Jews and Communists... nothing to do with the fact that the Allies were charging ludicrous reparations and had stolen huge chunks of the German industrial heartland. Nah, it was the pesky Jews and the fucking Commies.

You don't demonise people who can take care of themselves though. You demonise those groups who are weak, in the minority, and can serve as a handy means by which to galvanise your base.

Was there anti-Irish hysteria when the IRA was blowing up kids in the 80s.. or was the focus on the terrorist groups themselves? The IRA and their splinter groups were a far more immediate and co-ordinated terror threat to the UK than radical Islam, and yet with Islam the entire religion is treated with suspicion and outright ignorance. It's just maybe easier for today's cretins to demonise the entire group, rather than go to all the trouble of understanding what's going on. Maybe people are just way dumber than they used to be.

People actually parade their stupidity and ignorance like a badge of honour, and it fucking does my head in,

Islamophobia.jpg

The guy in the picture above is a prime example of Grade A Stupid. Look at him... study his face. That's the face of a fucking moron who's proud to be a fucking moron. He even went to the trouble of writing down just how stupid and ignorant he is... so the whole world could see it. Unfortunately it seems like huge numbers of people are just as stupid and proud of their ignorance as the clown pictured above. So instead of going, "Hey... that guy's a fucking idiot! Look at the fucking idiot, Honey!" people are actually going, "Yeah! Fuckin' right!"

Imagine a sign that said, "All I need to know about the IRISH I learned on Remembrance Day at Enniskillen"

or "Al I need to know about the Portugese I learned watching the news about that Maddie kid"

Anything people want to charge Muslims with I can guarantee there's a parallel in our own society.

Mohammed was a paedo? Yeah, him and everyone else back then.

Muslims are dangerous? Really? Because I haven't seen but a handful of the 1.5 Billion of them causing trouble. Are Catholics dangerous because a handful of them rape kids? Are Protestants dangerous because they murder Catholics in Northern Ireland? Are Christians dangerous because a handful of them perpetrated genocide in the Balkans?

There are No-Go Muslim areas? There are No-Go Black, White, Polish and Hispanic areas round here.

There are Muslims who spout Death to America? American planes dropped bombs on Muslim cities even BEFORE 911. And afterwards, how many hundred of thousands DID actually die? Hmmm.. saying "Die Fuckers" or actually dropping real bombs.. which is worse?

The Koran tells Muslims to go kill people? So does the Torah and the Old Testament of the Bible.

Yet we have assclowns who would cheerfully take other human beings, based on their religion, and strip them of human rights... or bomb them... or put them in camps... all suggestions I've seen from Britons and Americans.

I would be just as disgusted if it were any other demographic being treated in this way, the fact they're Muslim is merely an aside as far as I'm concerned.

I'd feel the same if it were Jews being vilified because Israeli army had just executed some kid at a checkpoint.

A few years ago, the IDF massacred about 1300 civilians... over 300 of them kids... in Operation Cast Lead.

Here a sample of their handiwork.

Spoiler - NSFW

five-sisters-gaza.jpg

Way cool... eh?

Now what I don't recall is the press, or Americans, or Britons, or anyone else for that matter, taking to the streets and saying, "Holy Fuckbiscuits! The JEWS are fucking crazy! We need to bomb those fucking lunatics. We need to start rounding up Jews and taking away their civil rights. These cunts are fucking motherfuckers!"

Didn't see that happen at all.

Anyone see those protests against Jews?

No?

you didn't see them because they didn't happen. And they didn't happen because it's not the fault of Jews that the Israeli military is out of it's fucking mind.

Anyone want to see pictures of the results of Born Again Christians George Bush and Tony Blair's little excursion to the Middle East in the first decade of the 21st Century?

Anyone remember anti Christian propaganda or protests because of what those two self-proclaimed Born Again Christians were doing?

You'll remember plenty protests that called those two 'Fuckheads', but people didn't vilify Christians or Christianity because of the actions of two fuckheaded born again Christians.

But a couple of Muslims go chop up a squaddie and everyone goes fucking retarded.

It's the MUSLIMS! aye, all 1 point 5 fucking billion of them?

Bollocks.

Lengthy rant over... but it's been fucking building. I can only take so much stupid, and the media frenzy has taken stupid to heights not seen since 7/7.

7/7 was in 2005, btw. Operation Cast Lead was in 2008.

52 people died on 7/7.. around 25 times that number died in the more recent Cast Lead slaughter.

I'm just saying.

Well made point Kelt, great post.

So, was Jimmy Savile a paedo :dontknow:

Depends.

If he were banging 13 year olds in Britain, then yes.

If he were banging 13 year olds in Spain, then no.

If he were banging 13 year olds in 10th Century.,, anywhere... then no.

Here's a fun fact for you... if any of you have banged a 16 or 17 year old then as far as California is concerned you're a paedo :)

Jimmy was also a necrophiliac

Although if he had been practicing his necrophilia in Hawaii it's only a misdemeanour, meaning they view it on the same level as dropping a bubblegum wrapper, and you might get a small fine and told to make sure you fuck them corpses in the privacy of your own home, mortuary or graveyard. Can't be fucking corpses in public because that would be just wrong.

The Savile's came over (fnar) with the Norman invasions.

That would make them... quelle surprise... Catholics.

There's even an entry (fnar) in the Bayeux Tapestry, recording the earliest known Savile...

2iuys29.jpg

• Upvote 2

Is your loon a half caste Kelt?

Is that still a thing? :laughing:

No, he's blonde and fair skinned... though he tans like a Californian surfer after 5 minutes of sun.

Maybe that's half caste.... though presumably you're thinking of darker skinned races than Arab.

Is that still a thing? :laughing:

No, he's blonde and fair skinned... though he tans like a Californian surfer after 5 minutes of sun.

Maybe that's half caste.... I dunno.

Half caste? Just an old fashioned term for mixed race or ethnicity. I'm definitely half caste :) and proud of it. My mother would have told you mixing the bloodlines makes them stronger. But not everyone would see it that way I guess.

What bearing do you think that has on the discussion at hand, Tup?

My wife's an Arab, not a Muslim. I personally don't give a flying fuck about Islam, Christianity or Judaism, and nor does she, so don't curb your tone for my benefit. If you think I'm somehow 'defending Islam' based on personal bias or whatever then you're dead wrong.

My concern isn't that it's Muslims who are being targeted, it's that any group finds itself vilified and subject to hate based upon the actions of a few idiots.

There are something like 1.5 billion Muslims on the planet... something like 11 (allegedly) flew planes into some American buildings over a decade ago, a couple bombed a bus in London, and now a couple of nutters perform a media-friendly execution in the middle of a busy street. Frankly I'd say the chances of getting struck by lightning are greater than the chances of a Muslim spoiling your day.

Put it this way... the Catholic church makes a habit of raping children. That's a matter of documented fact... the Catholic church rapes kids and covers it up. What we DON'T then see is mass hysteria from the public, terrified that the Catholic next door is going to rape their kids. We don;t see front page headlines dedicated to slamming the billion odd Catholics because Catholic priests are paedophiles.

Now you seem to be concerned that Mohammed may have been a paedo, even though at that time it was acceptable to fuck young girls, largely because life expectancy was so short that anyone making it into their thirties was considered 'elderly'. This happened in Europe too, amongst Christians. Let's just take two examples.

Mohammed was married to this kid around, I don't know, around 600AD or something. I don't know the exact date and it's not that important.

Charles II of England married his wife when she was 7, this was in the 1300's or so. Presumably he didn't wait till she was 16 before he fucked her.

By modern reckoning, they're a couple of paedos. By any measure of rational thought, however, attaching modern ethics (as I've said) to ancient society is nonsensical. To put it another way, if the pro-life, radical Christian right wingers take charge of the world in a thousand years, you automatically become a mass murderer (retrospectively) if you so much as had one wank. You, literally, will have been responsible for more deaths than Hitler and Stalin combined... you fucking maniac.

Nonsensical to attach the societal ethics of a future cultural moral code upon you or I sitting having a casual wank 1000 years in the past?

You know it is.

So was Mohammed a paedo, well obviously not in the context of the the age.

Is Daytripping a homicidal maniac, responsible for the deaths of millions of spunks?

Future generations might well say yes, I'm afraid.

Anyway, once again, people focus on the Muslims... Mohammed was a paedo, well, no he wasn't, and nor was Charles II. Nor were any of the people back then who banged kids, because attaching modern thinking to thousand year old societies is a nonsensical exercise.

If you want to know what really bothers me here.. it's fuck all to do with the demographic being vilified... it's the fact that a demographic is being vilified. And a demographic that, generally, leaves us all well the fuck alone, despite us raining bombs on them, killing and mutilating their children, and stealing their resources. I'd say the response to our actions has been pretty fucking restrained.

Cast your mind back to the 1930s.

Nationalism was on the rise in Europe. In Germany there was economic chaos, there were millions out of work, living at or below the poverty line. It's human nature to blame someone for the shit we find ourselves in. It was human nature then and it's human nature now. Hitler rose to power because he gave a voice to people's frustrations, and he promised a better life. He'd get rid of the Jews and the Communists, because, hey... there was hyperinflation, mass unemployment and national depression because of Jews and Communists... nothing to do with the fact that the Allies were charging ludicrous reparations and had stolen huge chunks of the German industrial heartland. Nah, it was the pesky Jews and the fucking Commies.

You don't demonise people who can take care of themselves though. You demonise those groups who are weak, in the minority, and can serve as a handy means by which to galvanise your base.

Was there anti-Irish hysteria when the IRA was blowing up kids in the 80s.. or was the focus on the terrorist groups themselves? The IRA and their splinter groups were a far more immediate and co-ordinated terror threat to the UK than radical Islam, and yet with Islam the entire religion is treated with suspicion and outright ignorance. It's just maybe easier for today's cretins to demonise the entire group, rather than go to all the trouble of understanding what's going on. Maybe people are just way dumber than they used to be.

People actually parade their stupidity and ignorance like a badge of honour, and it fucking does my head in,

Islamophobia.jpg

The guy in the picture above is a prime example of Grade A Stupid. Look at him... study his face. That's the face of a fucking moron who's proud to be a fucking moron. He even went to the trouble of writing down just how stupid and ignorant he is... so the whole world could see it. Unfortunately it seems like huge numbers of people are just as stupid and proud of their ignorance as the clown pictured above. So instead of going, "Hey... that guy's a fucking idiot! Look at the fucking idiot, Honey!" people are actually going, "Yeah! Fuckin' right!"

Imagine a sign that said, "All I need to know about the IRISH I learned on Remembrance Day at Enniskillen"

or "Al I need to know about the Portugese I learned watching the news about that Maddie kid"

Anything people want to charge Muslims with I can guarantee there's a parallel in our own society.

Mohammed was a paedo? Yeah, him and everyone else back then.

Muslims are dangerous? Really? Because I haven't seen but a handful of the 1.5 Billion of them causing trouble. Are Catholics dangerous because a handful of them rape kids? Are Protestants dangerous because they murder Catholics in Northern Ireland? Are Christians dangerous because a handful of them perpetrated genocide in the Balkans?

There are No-Go Muslim areas? There are No-Go Black, White, Polish and Hispanic areas round here.

There are Muslims who spout Death to America? American planes dropped bombs on Muslim cities even BEFORE 911. And afterwards, how many hundred of thousands DID actually die? Hmmm.. saying "Die Fuckers" or actually dropping real bombs.. which is worse?

The Koran tells Muslims to go kill people? So does the Torah and the Old Testament of the Bible.

Yet we have assclowns who would cheerfully take other human beings, based on their religion, and strip them of human rights... or bomb them... or put them in camps... all suggestions I've seen from Britons and Americans.

I would be just as disgusted if it were any other demographic being treated in this way, the fact they're Muslim is merely an aside as far as I'm concerned.

I'd feel the same if it were Jews being vilified because Israeli army had just executed some kid at a checkpoint.

A few years ago, the IDF massacred about 1300 civilians... over 300 of them kids... in Operation Cast Lead.

Here a sample of their handiwork.

Spoiler - NSFW

five-sisters-gaza.jpg

Way cool... eh?

Now what I don't recall is the press, or Americans, or Britons, or anyone else for that matter, taking to the streets and saying, "Holy Fuckbiscuits! The JEWS are fucking crazy! We need to bomb those fucking lunatics. We need to start rounding up Jews and taking away their civil rights. These cunts are fucking motherfuckers!"

Didn't see that happen at all.

Anyone see those protests against Jews?

No?

you didn't see them because they didn't happen. And they didn't happen because it's not the fault of Jews that the Israeli military is out of it's fucking mind.

Anyone want to see pictures of the results of Born Again Christians George Bush and Tony Blair's little excursion to the Middle East in the first decade of the 21st Century?

Anyone remember anti Christian propaganda or protests because of what those two self-proclaimed Born Again Christians were doing?

You'll remember plenty protests that called those two 'Fuckheads', but people didn't vilify Christians or Christianity because of the actions of two fuckheaded born again Christians.

But a couple of Muslims go chop up a squaddie and everyone goes fucking retarded.

It's the MUSLIMS! aye, all 1 point 5 fucking billion of them?

Bollocks.

Lengthy rant over... but it's been fucking building. I can only take so much stupid, and the media frenzy has taken stupid to heights not seen since 7/7.

7/7 was in 2005, btw. Operation Cast Lead was in 2008.

52 people died on 7/7.. around 25 times that number died in the more recent Cast Lead slaughter.

I'm just saying.

Wonderful post Kelt.

I don't like Arabs. I don't like Jews. I don't like Muslims. I don't like anyone who follows any major religion.

I don't like weegies. I don't like fifers. I don't like many aspects of Englishness but I don't mind generalising.

and this closed mindedness is the primary reason why you're unpopular. People are people my friend, there are good and bad eggs transcending this argument.

Closed minded, narrow bitterness isn't a good quality min. Take up my suggestion of a golf holiday and lets become really close friends.

Cow.

• Upvote 1

serious question, borne from an argument i had on sat night

whats the official line for us still being in afghanistan/iraq?

Period of transition. Slowly handing over power to their police forces and military etc. F**k knows what's really going on though.

I'm not sure it is at all.

Don't always agree with your posts, or find them all that funny, but that lengthy one is an absolute corker Kelt. Hats off.

:trophy:

obviously sarcasm doesn't always translate well on tinternet. shoulda used a smiley...can you use a smiley sarcastically?

I believe we have been out of Iraq for a few years now?

We invaded. installed a puppet government, raised a local army to keep the lid on the situation, but haven't left.

There are still more than 10,000 US funded Mercenaries in Iraq... sorry, 'Private Security Contractors'., even though the regular uniforms have been pulled. The locally raised Iraqi Army, equipped and maintained by the United States numbers a little under half a million, and when they start raising armoured units, guess what tanks and AFVs they'll be buying? Won't be Russian or Chinese, I can tell you that.

The British did something similar in occupied territories. Take over a region with regular forces, quell resistance, raise a local militia to keep the resistance to a minimum.

This isn't even new, the Romans did the same, hiring local troops to act as Limitanei and Auxilliary, charged with crushing resistance and preventing incursions. Just because regular army was at a minimum din't at all mean that the British or Romans had left an area to its own devices. They were still very much under Imperial control.

ok so its just afghanistan?

my argument then was, well why did 9/11 happen?

If you believe George Bush, it's because 'The Terrorists Hate Our Freedom'.

If you believe the Conspiracy Theories it's because PNAC Neocons needed a Casus Belli to invade Iraq.

If you believe comments attributed to Bin Laden, it was because of US support of Israel and US foreign policy in the Middle East.

Of the three possibilities I'd say discount the first claim as bullshit.

that was before we moved in, but then he tried to argue weve been there for 30 years

think to be honest, he was just an idiot

I don't know about 30 years. Britain created the state of Iraq after the collapse of the Ottoman Empire about 100 years ago, though, and for a while, even though 'Independent' Britain still directly controlled Iraq.

I don't think we've 'been there' physically since before WW2, though, but we aided them against the Iranians in the 80s because we were terrified Iran would 'Export the [islamic] Revolution'.

Strange that the mainstream media have not reported that the Bomber Command war memorial has been defaced in London this weekend, :(

942452_647357955278017_280106244_n.jpg

But really nice to see one 89 year airman will not be bullied in the Country he fought to defend, he says he's there till it gets fixed, every right thinking person residing in London should be down there to join him.

988920_647380688609077_2011290731_n.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Shamed into reporting it by social media, there was nothing earlier. And still they try and pin the blame on far right groups, even the media are running scared.

And the UAF can go take a running jump, their presence was the last thing needed at today's march, they should have been marching along or at a student party not making an arse of their selves.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Strange that the mainstream media have not reported that the Bomber Command war memorial has been defaced in London this weekend, :(

942452_647357955278017_280106244_n.jpg

But really nice to see one 89 year airman will not be bullied in the Country he fought to defend, he says he's there till it gets fixed, every right thinking person residing in London should be down there to join him.

988920_647380688609077_2011290731_n.jpg

Nice of you to try and stir up something from nothing. It's the work of one person, an idiot, by sharing this shit you are little better that the fool that spray painted the wall.

What are you hoping to achieve?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

Nice of you to try and stir up something from nothing. It's the work of one person, an idiot, by sharing this shit you are little better that the fool that spray painted the wall.

What are you hoping to achieve?

Really?

If someone went out and spraypainted shit onto a mosque, what would the outcry be like? Then add in if one of their own was targeted and brutally murdered in broad daylight in the view of the public? There would be no end to the protests.

Get rid of Islam. Get rid of christianity. Get rid of every religion under the sun. Thats the only solution we need.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Really?

If someone went out and spraypainted shit onto a mosque, what would the outcry be like? Then add in if one of their own was targeted and brutally murdered in broad daylight in the view of the public? There would be no end to the protests.

Get rid of Islam. Get rid of christianity. Get rid of every religion under the sun. Thats the only solution we need.

I'm guessing the minority of moronic Islams would be up in arms while the vast majority would realise the act of an individual doesn't represent an entire religion or movement. Thanks however for you input, we can file you as with DAYTS under right wing simpleton.

• Downvote 5

Cow,

My grandfather fought in the war like that gentleman guarding the war memorial, he was shot, spent 2 years in hospital and suffered life changing injuries that stayed with him till he died. I know how he would have felt seeing this kind of damage done to a war memorial for the friends he lost in battle.

And you expect me to brush it under the carpet like the media tried to do this morning? fuck off!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1