Soldier Killed By Two Attackers In Woolwich

I spoke about that guy earlier in the thread, what a fucking prick he is. Blaming the government but not once having a go at the two idiots who carried this out, if he's not happy with our democracy he and others have many choices that don't involve the cowardly killing of a kid.

Did you even listen to the interview the whole way through? He did condemn the attack and said the Muslim organisations should encourage Muslims to bring about change in British foreign policy, if they disagree with it, through democratic means.

I don't think it's as black and white as he makes out though. Those men were brought up in Britain and probably won't have ever experienced living in a warzone where bad shit happens and people turn to extremism as a result of bad shit happening to themselves. These men were either brainwashed or mentally ill.

One thing I agree with you though is that there seems to be brainwashed radical Muslims who simply hate anyone that lives a lifestyle that is different to their own and especially Western cultures and they'd hate regardless of our foreign policy. I reckon these people are small in numbers in this country but are capable of causing serious divides amongst society due to their extreme nature. I don't think you'll ever stop radical Islam unfortunately but all the religions have their radicals.

Kelt and RS, this guy says it way better than me but this was what I was meaning. Saw this on facebook and think he pretty much nails it.

Ignore the fact the guy seems a bit smarmy! :)

Well, that guy is possibly the smuggest individual I think I've seen outside of a cartoon.

I'm just wondering whether I should bother going through this guy's video, explaining why it's worthless as an anti-islamic platform, or just pointing out that it's worthless as an anti-islamic platform.

I think I'll just say it's worthless as an anti-islamic platform if that's supposed to be his argument, which it seemed to be.

I'm not even going to get into how much of a tosser he clearly is.

The Bible and the Torah also demand murder. We've seen brutal acts perpetrated in the name of the Abrahamic God from all three cults, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.

I could go through the Old Testament and the Torah, and in a slow, smug, measured voice, cite the violent passages as 'evidence' why Christianity and Judaism are just as bloodthirsty as Islam.

As I said, as an anti-Islamic platform, that guy's monotone smugfest is worthless, unless he wants to drag in all the other major religions and beat them all with the same stick.

THEN he might have a point... a point I might agree with.

But he's focusing on one of the Three Stooges, and as a result has no worthwhile argument.

Thing is the guy is more or less correct.

British and American foreign policy doesn't occur in some kind of bubble... there are repercussions to be expected from our own actions.

We've fucked around in the Middle East for a couple of centuries now, and our latest exploits have killed and displaced hundreds of thousands of innocent men, women and children, many of them Muslim.

A bus getting blown up and a squaddie getting hacked to bits is absolutely insignificant when placed in the context of how the West has been behaving towards these poor fuckers.

For how many years have Iraqis and Afghans been burying the corpses of their children... shelled by the British in Basra, 'collateral damage' of a Drone strike, or.. fuck... just gleefully mown down by angry western soldiers for shits and giggles?

If these pictures were representative of how a nation or state were behaving towards British civilians, if the kids in the picture below were little blonde Scottish kids, what would be your reaction to those killing and maiming them?

iraqi-children.jpg?w=614&h=768

How 'Free' are the hundreds of thousands we killed to get at their oil?

And people are 'shocked' because a couple of bams chop up a soldier on a BRITISH street?

The hypocrisy of the western public is fucking astonishing.

We're just lucky these people don't have a REAL means by which to get even... and that's why we picked on them.

If that were my kid killed by a British shell or an America missile I'd be planning far more than the hacking up of one random squaddie... and I reckon you'd be of the same frame of mind.

Spot on

hard to believe its the same god at the end of the day. Mohammed and Jesus were both recognised as prophets in the quoran

A German's View on Islam - worth reading.

This is by far the best explanation of the Muslim terrorist situation I have ever read.
His references to past history are accurate and clear.
Not long, easy to understand, and well worth the read.
The author of this email is Dr. Emanuel Tanya, a well-known and well-respected psychiatrist.

A man, whose family was German aristocracy prior to World War II, owned a number of large industries and estates. When asked how many German people were true Nazis, the answer he gave can guide our attitude toward fanaticism.

'Very few people were true Nazis,' he said, 'but many enjoyed the return of German pride, and many more were too busy to care. I was one of those who just thought the Nazis were a bunch of fools. So, the majority just sat back and let it all happen. Then, before we knew it, they owned us, and we had lost control, and the end of the world had come. My family lost everything. I ended up in a concentration camp and the Allies destroyed my factories.'

We are told again and again by 'experts' and 'talking heads' that Islam is the religion of peace and that the vast majority of Muslims just want to live in peace. Although this unqualified assertion may be true, it is entirely irrelevant. It is meaningless fluff, meant to make us feel better, and meant to somehow diminish the spectre of fanatics rampaging across the globe in the name of Islam.

The fact is that the fanatics rule Islam at this moment in history. It is the fanatics who march. It is the fanatics who wage any one of 50 shooting wars worldwide. It is the fanatics who systematically slaughter Christian or tribal groups throughout Africa and are gradually taking over the entire continent in an Islamic wave. It is the fanatics who bomb, behead, murder, or honour-kill. It is the fanatics who take over mosque after mosque. It is the fanatics who zealously spread the stoning and hanging of rape victims and homosexuals. It is the fanatics who teach their young to kill and to become suicide bombers.

The hard, quantifiable fact is that the peaceful majority, the 'silent majority,' is cowed and extraneous. Communist Russia was comprised of Russians who just wanted to live in peace, yet the Russian Communists were responsible for the murder of about 20 million people. The peaceful majority were irrelevant. China's huge population was peaceful as well, but Chinese Communists managed to kill a staggering 70 million people..

The average Japanese individual prior to World War II was not a warmongering sadist. Yet, Japan murdered and slaughtered its way across South East Asia in an orgy of killing that included the systematic murder of 12 million Chinese civilians; most killed by sword, shovel, and bayonet. And who can forget Rwanda , which collapsed into butchery. Could it not be said that the majority of Rwandans were 'peace loving'?

History lessons are often incredibly simple and blunt, yet for all our powers of reason, we often miss the most basic and uncomplicated of points: peace-loving Muslims have been made irrelevant by their silence. Peace-loving Muslims will become our enemy if they don't speak up, because like my friend from Germany , they will awaken one day and find that the fanatics own them, and the end of their world will have begun.

Peace-loving Germans, Japanese, Chinese, Russians, Rwandans, Serbs, Afghans, Iraqis, Palestinians, Somalis, Nigerians, Algerians, and many others have died because the peaceful majority did not speak up until it was too late.

Now Islamic prayers have been introduced into Toronto and other public schools in Ontario , and, yes, in Ottawa too while the Lord's Prayer was removed (due to being so offensive?) The Islamic way may be peaceful for the time being in our country until the fanatics move in.

In Australia , and indeed in many countries around the world, many of the most commonly consumed food items have the halal emblem on them. Just look at the back of some of the most popular chocolate bars, and at other food items in your local supermarket. Food on aircraft have the halal emblem (see the attachment), just to appease the privileged minority who are now rapidly expanding within the nation’s shores.

In the U.K, the Muslim communities refuse to integrate and there are now dozens of “no-go” zones within major cities across the country that the police force dare not intrude upon. Sharia law prevails there, because the Muslim community in those areas refuse to acknowledge British law.

As for us who watch it all unfold, we must pay attention to the only group that counts -- the fanatics who threaten our way of life.

Lastly, anyone who doubts that the issue is serious and just deletes this email without sending it on, is contributing to the passiveness that allows the problems to expand. So, extend yourself a bit and send this on and on and on! Let us hope that thousands, world-wide, read this and think about it, and send it on - before it's too late.

And we are silent

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

hard to believe its the same god at the end of the day. Mohammed and Jesus were both recognised as prophets in the quoran

A German's View on Islam - worth reading.

This is by far the best explanation of the Muslim terrorist situation I have ever read.

His references to past history are accurate and clear.

Not long, easy to understand, and well worth the read.

The author of this email is Dr. Emanuel Tanya, a well-known and well-respected psychiatrist.

A man, whose family was German aristocracy prior to World War II, owned a number of large industries and estates. When asked how many German people were true Nazis, the answer he gave can guide our attitude toward fanaticism.

'Very few people were true Nazis,' he said, 'but many enjoyed the return of German pride, and many more were too busy to care. I was one of those who just thought the Nazis were a bunch of fools. So, the majority just sat back and let it all happen. Then, before we knew it, they owned us, and we had lost control, and the end of the world had come. My family lost everything. I ended up in a concentration camp and the Allies destroyed my factories.'

We are told again and again by 'experts' and 'talking heads' that Islam is the religion of peace and that the vast majority of Muslims just want to live in peace. Although this unqualified assertion may be true, it is entirely irrelevant. It is meaningless fluff, meant to make us feel better, and meant to somehow diminish the spectre of fanatics rampaging across the globe in the name of Islam.

The fact is that the fanatics rule Islam at this moment in history. It is the fanatics who march. It is the fanatics who wage any one of 50 shooting wars worldwide. It is the fanatics who systematically slaughter Christian or tribal groups throughout Africa and are gradually taking over the entire continent in an Islamic wave. It is the fanatics who bomb, behead, murder, or honour-kill. It is the fanatics who take over mosque after mosque. It is the fanatics who zealously spread the stoning and hanging of rape victims and homosexuals. It is the fanatics who teach their young to kill and to become suicide bombers.

The hard, quantifiable fact is that the peaceful majority, the 'silent majority,' is cowed and extraneous. Communist Russia was comprised of Russians who just wanted to live in peace, yet the Russian Communists were responsible for the murder of about 20 million people. The peaceful majority were irrelevant. China's huge population was peaceful as well, but Chinese Communists managed to kill a staggering 70 million people..

The average Japanese individual prior to World War II was not a warmongering sadist. Yet, Japan murdered and slaughtered its way across South East Asia in an orgy of killing that included the systematic murder of 12 million Chinese civilians; most killed by sword, shovel, and bayonet. And who can forget Rwanda , which collapsed into butchery. Could it not be said that the majority of Rwandans were 'peace loving'?

History lessons are often incredibly simple and blunt, yet for all our powers of reason, we often miss the most basic and uncomplicated of points: peace-loving Muslims have been made irrelevant by their silence. Peace-loving Muslims will become our enemy if they don't speak up, because like my friend from Germany , they will awaken one day and find that the fanatics own them, and the end of their world will have begun.

Peace-loving Germans, Japanese, Chinese, Russians, Rwandans, Serbs, Afghans, Iraqis, Palestinians, Somalis, Nigerians, Algerians, and many others have died because the peaceful majority did not speak up until it was too late.

Now Islamic prayers have been introduced into Toronto and other public schools in Ontario , and, yes, in Ottawa too while the Lord's Prayer was removed (due to being so offensive?) The Islamic way may be peaceful for the time being in our country until the fanatics move in.

In Australia , and indeed in many countries around the world, many of the most commonly consumed food items have the halal emblem on them. Just look at the back of some of the most popular chocolate bars, and at other food items in your local supermarket. Food on aircraft have the halal emblem (see the attachment), just to appease the privileged minority who are now rapidly expanding within the nation’s shores.

In the U.K, the Muslim communities refuse to integrate and there are now dozens of “no-go” zones within major cities across the country that the police force dare not intrude upon. Sharia law prevails there, because the Muslim community in those areas refuse to acknowledge British law.

As for us who watch it all unfold, we must pay attention to the only group that counts -- the fanatics who threaten our way of life.

Lastly, anyone who doubts that the issue is serious and just deletes this email without sending it on, is contributing to the passiveness that allows the problems to expand. So, extend yourself a bit and send this on and on and on! Let us hope that thousands, world-wide, read this and think about it, and send it on - before it's too late.

And we are silent

Another fake, bullshit, anti-islamic piece, written under the seriously tired old Appeal to Authority fallacy by someone with an anti-islamic agenda. These got old a long, long time ago.

Read, sussed out even before the end of the first paragraph as a fake, and discarded for the junk it is.

I advise anyone, when they see these Appeal to Authority EMails to discard them for the unfettered, faked shite that they always, always are.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The levels of hysteria, regarding this murder is pathetic.

Folk get murdered every day by Muslims, Christians, and atheists. The motive was very obvious as the defence policies of the UK nation state is shameful yet shameless. This will happen on a constant loop until we take control of foreign policy.

You can't support terrorists and not expect repercussions.

Time we left the financially draining UK union and removed the blood from our hands.

• Upvote 1

agree we should leave european union, it has gone well beyond the mandate originally set up. We also need to close our borders to illegal immigrants. if they do get in and have disposed of their identity papers as is often the case they held in custody with no human rights, food or legal assistance till they agree to deportation to where they came from.

Bit draconian but who gives a fuck

• Downvote 1

agree we should leave european union, it has gone well beyond the mandate originally set up. We also need to close our borders to illegal immigrants. if they do get in and have disposed of their identity papers as is often the case they held in custody with no human rights, food or legal assistance till they agree to deportation to where they came from.

Anyone not in possession of a serious mental illness.

• Upvote 1

Isn't that our current intentions?!

Kelt,

You have a wife who may follow this stuff so I'm walking on eggshells but isn't Mohammed a peado, the Quran says he wed his wife when she was 3 and he consummated the marriage when she was 9, who would follow a prophet who interfered with kids?

I'm maybe missing something.

Is Ian Huntley the second coming?

My wife's an Arab, not a Muslim. I personally don't give a flying fuck about Islam, Christianity or Judaism, and nor does she, so don't curb your tone for my benefit. If you think I'm somehow 'defending Islam' based on personal bias or whatever then you're dead wrong.

My concern isn't that it's Muslims who are being targeted, it's that any group finds itself vilified and subject to hate based upon the actions of a few idiots.

There are something like 1.5 billion Muslims on the planet... something like 11 (allegedly) flew planes into some American buildings over a decade ago, a couple bombed a bus in London, and now a couple of nutters perform a media-friendly execution in the middle of a busy street. Frankly I'd say the chances of getting struck by lightning are greater than the chances of a Muslim spoiling your day.

Put it this way... the Catholic church makes a habit of raping children. That's a matter of documented fact... the Catholic church rapes kids and covers it up. What we DON'T then see is mass hysteria from the public, terrified that the Catholic next door is going to rape their kids. We don;t see front page headlines dedicated to slamming the billion odd Catholics because Catholic priests are paedophiles.

Now you seem to be concerned that Mohammed may have been a paedo, even though at that time it was acceptable to fuck young girls, largely because life expectancy was so short that anyone making it into their thirties was considered 'elderly'. This happened in Europe too, amongst Christians. Let's just take two examples.

Mohammed was married to this kid around, I don't know, around 600AD or something. I don't know the exact date and it's not that important.

Charles II of England married his wife when she was 7, this was in the 1300's or so. Presumably he didn't wait till she was 16 before he fucked her.

By modern reckoning, they're a couple of paedos. By any measure of rational thought, however, attaching modern ethics (as I've said) to ancient society is nonsensical. To put it another way, if the pro-life, radical Christian right wingers take charge of the world in a thousand years, you automatically become a mass murderer (retrospectively) if you so much as had one wank. You, literally, will have been responsible for more deaths than Hitler and Stalin combined... you fucking maniac.

Nonsensical to attach the societal ethics of a future cultural moral code upon you or I sitting having a casual wank 1000 years in the past?

You know it is.

So was Mohammed a paedo, well obviously not in the context of the the age.

Is Daytripping a homicidal maniac, responsible for the deaths of millions of spunks?

Future generations might well say yes, I'm afraid.

Anyway, once again, people focus on the Muslims... Mohammed was a paedo, well, no he wasn't, and nor was Charles II. Nor were any of the people back then who banged kids, because attaching modern thinking to thousand year old societies is a nonsensical exercise.

If you want to know what really bothers me here.. it's fuck all to do with the demographic being vilified... it's the fact that a demographic is being vilified. And a demographic that, generally, leaves us all well the fuck alone, despite us raining bombs on them, killing and mutilating their children, and stealing their resources. I'd say the response to our actions has been pretty fucking restrained.

Cast your mind back to the 1930s.

Nationalism was on the rise in Europe. In Germany there was economic chaos, there were millions out of work, living at or below the poverty line. It's human nature to blame someone for the shit we find ourselves in. It was human nature then and it's human nature now. Hitler rose to power because he gave a voice to people's frustrations, and he promised a better life. He'd get rid of the Jews and the Communists, because, hey... there was hyperinflation, mass unemployment and national depression because of Jews and Communists... nothing to do with the fact that the Allies were charging ludicrous reparations and had stolen huge chunks of the German industrial heartland. Nah, it was the pesky Jews and the fucking Commies.

You don't demonise people who can take care of themselves though. You demonise those groups who are weak, in the minority, and can serve as a handy means by which to galvanise your base.

Was there anti-Irish hysteria when the IRA was blowing up kids in the 80s.. or was the focus on the terrorist groups themselves? The IRA and their splinter groups were a far more immediate and co-ordinated terror threat to the UK than radical Islam, and yet with Islam the entire religion is treated with suspicion and outright ignorance. It's just maybe easier for today's cretins to demonise the entire group, rather than go to all the trouble of understanding what's going on. Maybe people are just way dumber than they used to be.

People actually parade their stupidity and ignorance like a badge of honour, and it fucking does my head in,

Islamophobia.jpg

The guy in the picture above is a prime example of Grade A Stupid. Look at him... study his face. That's the face of a fucking moron who's proud to be a fucking moron. He even went to the trouble of writing down just how stupid and ignorant he is... so the whole world could see it. Unfortunately it seems like huge numbers of people are just as stupid and proud of their ignorance as the clown pictured above. So instead of going, "Hey... that guy's a fucking idiot! Look at the fucking idiot, Honey!" people are actually going, "Yeah! Fuckin' right!"

Imagine a sign that said, "All I need to know about the IRISH I learned on Remembrance Day at Enniskillen"

or "Al I need to know about the Portugese I learned watching the news about that Maddie kid"

Anything people want to charge Muslims with I can guarantee there's a parallel in our own society.

Mohammed was a paedo? Yeah, him and everyone else back then.

Muslims are dangerous? Really? Because I haven't seen but a handful of the 1.5 Billion of them causing trouble. Are Catholics dangerous because a handful of them rape kids? Are Protestants dangerous because they murder Catholics in Northern Ireland? Are Christians dangerous because a handful of them perpetrated genocide in the Balkans?

There are No-Go Muslim areas? There are No-Go Black, White, Polish and Hispanic areas round here.

There are Muslims who spout Death to America? American planes dropped bombs on Muslim cities even BEFORE 911. And afterwards, how many hundred of thousands DID actually die? Hmmm.. saying "Die Fuckers" or actually dropping real bombs.. which is worse?

The Koran tells Muslims to go kill people? So does the Torah and the Old Testament of the Bible.

Yet we have assclowns who would cheerfully take other human beings, based on their religion, and strip them of human rights... or bomb them... or put them in camps... all suggestions I've seen from Britons and Americans.

I would be just as disgusted if it were any other demographic being treated in this way, the fact they're Muslim is merely an aside as far as I'm concerned.

I'd feel the same if it were Jews being vilified because Israeli army had just executed some kid at a checkpoint.

A few years ago, the IDF massacred about 1300 civilians... over 300 of them kids... in Operation Cast Lead.

Here a sample of their handiwork.

Spoiler - NSFW

five-sisters-gaza.jpg

Way cool... eh?

Now what I don't recall is the press, or Americans, or Britons, or anyone else for that matter, taking to the streets and saying, "Holy Fuckbiscuits! The JEWS are fucking crazy! We need to bomb those fucking lunatics. We need to start rounding up Jews and taking away their civil rights. These cunts are fucking motherfuckers!"

Didn't see that happen at all.

Anyone see those protests against Jews?

No?

you didn't see them because they didn't happen. And they didn't happen because it's not the fault of Jews that the Israeli military is out of it's fucking mind.

Anyone want to see pictures of the results of Born Again Christians George Bush and Tony Blair's little excursion to the Middle East in the first decade of the 21st Century?

Anyone remember anti Christian propaganda or protests because of what those two self-proclaimed Born Again Christians were doing?

You'll remember plenty protests that called those two 'Fuckheads', but people didn't vilify Christians or Christianity because of the actions of two fuckheaded born again Christians.

But a couple of Muslims go chop up a squaddie and everyone goes fucking retarded.

It's the MUSLIMS! aye, all 1 point 5 fucking billion of them?

Bollocks.

Lengthy rant over... but it's been fucking building. I can only take so much stupid, and the media frenzy has taken stupid to heights not seen since 7/7.

7/7 was in 2005, btw. Operation Cast Lead was in 2008.

52 people died on 7/7.. around 25 times that number died in the more recent Cast Lead slaughter.

I'm just saying.

• Upvote 6

Took a while to read Kelt but I'm interested to see arguments from others against what you say. Generalising about a 'group of people' is always counter productive and is indicative of lazy thinking. Judging individuals on their own actions would probably take too long I suppose, let's use the broad brush. All Scots are tight bastards after all (or is that Jews? I'm prone to mix generalisations up)

You cannot legislate for nutcases...not sure if that's a medical term or not.

I dunno... I've had a few Shandies, tried watching another Arthur Askey movie (I don't know why, he annoys the fuck out of me), and now I'm going to bed.

I'm sure my opinion will be viewed as clouded because the wife's an Arab, I've even had one bright spark on here tell me she's a Muslim :clangers2: (which illustrates perfectly the degree of ignorance there is on the subject).

It's almost impossible to say anything against the roar of bigotry just now. It's been getting louder ever since 11/9 but I had this tiny tiny hope that places like the UK might be a bulwark against the insanity but this last week has proven that a totally forlorn hope. I was obviously kidding myself.

It does my head in. We - the "West" - go into largely Muslim countries and blow shit up and kill tens of thousands of people because we're bringing freedom to them and their oil or whatever. This is government sanctioned freedom bringing and killing. It's important to remember that. Not the act of a lunatic few but our national governments acting in concert.

On the other side, a vanishingly small percentage of independently acting Muslims become radical (largely in response to early Western intervention in their countries... chicken, egg) and commit evil focused atrocities back, and that is the issue?

A man gets hacked to death in the street which is worthy of life imprisonment of the people involved, whoever they are. Absolutely those guys need never to see the light of day again. And yet we have polls about bringing back the death penalty and marches by balaclava wearing men (which is always a good sun) no doubt hiding shaved heads beneath and a tidal wave of "I'm not racist but..." type commentary.

Where was any of this with the, hell, the 100s of thousands of deaths in just Iraq and Afghanistan over the last decade? Yeah... they had WMD and hate us for our freedoms.

Right you are.

The Western world fell down its own rabbit hole.

• Upvote 2