Summer Signings Confirmed

From The Herald -

Lawrence Shankland will sign for Aberdeen in the coming days as compensation has been agreed with Queen's Park.

The 17-year-old striker scored 14 times last season.

Queen's had been wary of the move after Dundee United sought to exploit the club's amateur status to avoid paying a fee for Aidan Connolly and Andrew Robertson this summer but Aberdeen have proven far more amenable.

Any insights??

From The Herald -

Lawrence Shankland will sign for Aberdeen in the coming days as compensation has been agreed with Queen's Park.

The 17-year-old striker scored 14 times last season.

Queen's had been wary of the move after Dundee United sought to exploit the club's amateur status to avoid paying a fee for Aidan Connolly and Andrew Robertson this summer but Aberdeen have proven far more amenable.

Any insights??

Seem quite highly rated - Impressive numbers for a young boy - even if it is the third division!

Scored against the Huns last season!

Apparently he'll start in the U20s next season, which should mean that one of McManus or Smith gets promoted to the first team full time.

Still think we might be getting a FB of some sort,

I'd go for a full back who can play on either side next.

Full back comfortable on either side

Disnae look like we'll be getting a full back.

Nae the wie McInnes was speaking on the radio.

Sounded pretty final.

We'll be starting the season with Shaughnessy and Robertson at RB & LB, and we have cover for them in the event of injuries/suspensions.

I like this. Because it makes Dundee United look like a bunch of cunts.

"As a Club would like to extend our thanks to Queens Park FC who have been a pleasure to deal with throughout negotiations. We wish them all the very best for the season ahead.

Chief Executive Duncan Fraser added. "I would like to put on record our thanks to Queens Park. Derek and the Board at Aberdeen FC feel that there is a need to recognise the contribution they have made to developing a very good youth system in recent years. To maintain that system there is a requirement to raise donations and it is only right that we make a contribution to that and continue to do so as Lawrence develops further.

"I hope this is the start of us developing stronger relationship with an excellent Club"

• Upvote 3

I like this. Because it makes Dundee United look like a bunch of cunts.

"As a Club would like to extend our thanks to Queens Park FC who have been a pleasure to deal with throughout negotiations. We wish them all the very best for the season ahead.

Chief Executive Duncan Fraser added. "I would like to put on record our thanks to Queens Park. Derek and the Board at Aberdeen FC feel that there is a need to recognise the contribution they have made to developing a very good youth system in recent years. To maintain that system there is a requirement to raise donations and it is only right that we make a contribution to that and continue to do so as Lawrence develops further.

"I hope this is the start of us developing stronger relationship with an excellent Club"

That is a lovely sly(ish) two fingers to Dundee United.

• Upvote 1