U20's Thread

Lets hope Scotland dont rue missing him as hes looked good the few times Ive seen him. We have had a few over the years. Terry Taylor getting called up by Wales and the Bett brothers Iceland. I was always worried we would lose Derek Young to China :laughing:

Aye, the Scotland hierarchy must still be kicking themselves that they missed out on Calumn and Baldur Bett

• Upvote 1

Aberdeen defender Joe MacPherson, who has played for Scotland Under-16s and Under-17s has been called up by Peru. The 17-year-old, who was born in Lima, is one of two foreign-based players to be named by boss Daniel Ahmed for an Under-18s training camp.

A better country to play for like.

Sounds cool as fuck! Who you playing for this week? Oh Peru

Aberdeen defender Joe MacPherson, who has played for Scotland Under-16s and Under-17s has been called up by Peru. The 17-year-old, who was born in Lima, is one of two foreign-based players to be named by boss Daniel Ahmed for an Under-18s training camp.

A better country to play for like.

Imagine the flake he'll get.

• Upvote 1

Slow start, St Johnstone had much the better of the opening 15 minutes or so. Once the young Dons got going they played the better football and had by far the better of the chances. The only criticism was they probably made it far less comfortable than it should have been by passing up the many opportunities they created. St J threw everything at them toward the end, Sam Roscoe having his best game in an Aberdeen shirt IMO keeping them out. A little scare in the last minute with the ball coming back off the bar. A pretty good team performance though and a thoroughly deserved win.

F7_E0192_F-_A9_F2-44_BB-8_FD8-011_FD2_D2

They pulled out of the development league to play glamour friendliest instead. Caley and Dunfermline also withdrew, but I presume thats down to finance

A lot of clubs in Engerland also going down this route. I think there is an argument for it given the overall lack of talent being brought through to the senior league. Though this nonsense the huns are coming away with like "it's already benefiting us" is clearly bullshit.

A lot of clubs in Engerland also going down this route. I think there is an argument for it given the overall lack of talent being brought through to the senior league. Though this nonsense the huns are coming away with like "it's already benefiting us" is clearly bullshit.

There's no benefit in playing a season of "friendlies" in my opinion, especially at U20 level. If they've hopes for any of these lads, at that age they should be out on loan playing senior competitive football.

There's no benefit in playing a season of "friendlies" in my opinion, especially at U20 level. If they've hopes for any of these lads, at that age they should be out on loan playing senior competitive football.

Fit about B teams in the lower leagues? To me that seems the best way forward.