Qatar May Have Been A Mistake Says Sepp Blatter

Didn't the yanks bid for one of those world cups?? Probably pissed off about that.

Indeed, lost out to Qatar for the 2012 WC, just heard a yank "soccer" reporter on the radio last night saying that during the biding process, Qatar had a 10:1 budget over the USA, and other biding countries purely for wining, dining and "donating"

This budget was separate from any monies needed to build the stadia's and infrastructure.

After Qatar was awarded the WC, Bill Clinton, who was the yank PR honcho for the campaign, was so pished off with FIFA at the decision, in the following weeks / months a $500K donation was made by FIFA to the Clinton foundation.

I think everyone is aware FIFA are corrupt as fuck, Warner and Blatter especially, I'm glad the gravy train appears to have been halted, who wants major tournaments going to Russia or Qatar, it's a fucking joke.

Yesterday can only be good for football in the long term.

I'd love a bookie to lay odds on Blatter topping himself this next week, he's up to his neck in it

I'm sure if there were threads at the time about it most people would have been surprised that Qatar in particular were awarded the World Cup. That the World Cup is now changing when it's being played and all the other issues shows how much of a scam the decision was.

What I can't understand is how FIFA are allowed to continue. Blatter has proved himself incompetent, half of his leadership team are up on bung charges, there was talk that the FBI were investigating FIFA but he said he knew he wasn't involved. How did he know this but didn't know hiw leadership team were accepting bribes? Strange.

Must have been a pish world cup, I don't remember anything about it.

Right on cue.

Harcus min, just yesterday, we try and tell you to stop being an internet geek. just let it go. Even the ultimate teenage internet troll of his generation, Minijc, has moved on and embraced the internet community.

Just like new Labour with Blair, things can only get better (for you), D:ream.

Every major sporting organisation where huge amounts of money is involved is corrupt.

Professional sport has been ruined for decades by greed. Everything from Snooker, Cricket, Cycling to Fitba is fixed, corrupt or full of crooks.

Apart fae this place. Pillars of society, yon hatters

I think everyone is aware FIFA are corrupt as fuck, Warner and Blatter especially, I'm glad the gravy train appears to have been halted, who wants major tournaments going to Russia or Qatar, it's a fucking joke.

Yesterday can only be good for football in the long term.

I'd love a bookie to lay odds on Blatter topping himself this next week, he's up to his neck in it

I've no problem with any country getting the World Cup as long as it's done properly. What has pissed me off about Fifa over the last 15 years is the way they portray themselves as helping countries like South Africa by giving them the World Cup yet they force locals to shut their bars and cafes so that coca cola, Budweiser and other corporate giants can rake in the money.

FIFA have sat back and watched whilst the soul has been completely ripped out of football, they preach that it's a sport for everyone but it's not what they practice. They've allowed TV money and sponsorship to dictate how tournaments are run and they change the rules as they see fit to ensure maximum profits. I suppose what I am saying is that the bribery issue isn't the only problem, if there are to be big changes within FIFA then I hope those who take over will address these issues but I won't hold my breath.

An even bigger laugh is UEFA's statement about FIFA, talk about pot and kettle. UEFA may not have taken bribes (that we know of) but they are just as guilty of destroying football as FIFA, just look at the CL nowadays. A pointless competition designed to line the pockets of a select few which has caused it to become boring. They tried financial FairPlay but all this did was hand an advantage to the super clubs with the biggest fan base.

• Upvote 1

Doesnae really bother me any of this bribery and political pish.

Goes on everywhere.

I just try and admire the raw aesthetic beauty of a champions league match day rather than trouble myself with the political machinations of the games bloated governors.

Right on cue.

Harcus min, just yesterday, we try and tell you to stop being an internet geek. just let it go. Even the ultimate teenage internet troll of his generation, Minijc, has moved on and embraced the internet community.

Alternatively, you were talking some shit about a World Cup in Qatar in 2012, and were correctly pulled up for it.

Sounds to me like you are bullying Harcus here.

Right on cue.

Also, incidentally, it was only you who told him to stop it.

Alternatively, you were talking some shit about a World Cup in Qatar in 2012, and were correctly pulled up for it.

Sounds to me like you are bullying Harcus here.

Fuck you stumpy.

It was a simple typo, and the dork from Orkney was straight into geek mode.

Not surprised you are deep throating him, you are literally neighbours.

Anymore of the above and my attention will be directed towards you.