Glasgow Helicopter Crash

K-9

That tells me the "Police" have more than one.

Strathclyde police had a copter, but none of the other forces did. The strathclyde one then became police Scotland's, so is getting used across the country it seems.

The one flying is a replacement.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Always happy to help Thomas. Took out the apparently as it's not required.

Laser theory (or worse) was a scenario I had considered from the start, but given the eye witness accounts (no engine noise) and the AAIB statements thus far (rotors stopped), I think we can rule it out. I know people who know these machines inside out, and even they are baffled by this accident. Especially since the release of yesterday's interim report.

Guess we'll just have to be patient and let the investigators do their job.

I can't think of an act of terrorism or sabotage that would cause engines and rotors to stop, yet for the aircraft to be in one piece after impact.

In most air accidents, and I'm not backing this up with any stats, there is some element of pilot error. Whether this one continues that trend remains to be seen.

I can't think of an act of terrorism or sabotage that would cause engines and rotors to stop, yet for the aircraft to be in one piece after impact.

In most air accidents, and I'm not backing this up with any stats, there is some element of pilot error. Whether this one continues that trend remains to be seen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An EMP weapon would do it.

Small, directional EMP weapons that can instantaneously shut down electrics on a vehicle are, however, the stuff of Science Fiction... at least they were until very recently.

A couple of weeks or so ago I read an article about how police somewhere just tested out a new EMP weapon that did, in fact, instantaneously shut down a car's electrics, stopping the car in its tracks. And of course now I can't find the fucking article... however there is vid on the Youtubes that shows a successful test of an EMP gun.

Watch this two minute video from a few years back, saying that within 5 years these weapons will be scaled down to the size of a handgun.

A directional EMP gun that can shut down electronics would work on a helicopter as well as a car, and that (theoretically) could account for a fuelled helicopter dropping like a stone and the rotors not spinning.

I'm not suggesting that's what happened... I'm just saying that could possibly happen if someone was testing a scaled down, directional EMP weapon on, say, a hovering helicopter.

Countries do like to field test their shit, though...

The Americans allegedly were using 'heat weapons' against Iraqis during and after Operation Liberate That Fucking Oil Cocksucker! The United States denied such a thing even existed, and people who talked about heat weapons were conspiracy nuts.. A few years later the United States came out with their 'Active Denial System'. A heat weapon. Presumably there were prototypes built before this thing was revealed... so it would seem the Yanks lied about Heat Weapons being crazy talk.

Here's an article from 2004, almost a decade ago, of UK police ordering tests of exactly the kind of weapon that can stop a vehicle dead. I'm sure technology has come on in leaps and bounds since then.

OMGLAZORGUNZPEWPEWPEW

the thing is, we've not even contemplated the idea it could have been intentional?

Correct.

There might also have been another helicopter involved.

A bit like Lady Diana and the mystery white FIAT Panda that no one has ever seen.

Except this crash involves helicopters and not cars and is in Glasgow and not Paris. Oh and Lady Diana isn't involved in it either.

Nothing like it at all really. Apart from the mysterious other helicopter. Which wasn't involved in the Lady Diana crash. Allegedly.

That's the one. Good lad.

What better way to profile your new weapon than a live field test... watch me, for example, take down that helicopter. Oops... that was one of your helicopters, was it?

Didn't the French sell just a shitload of Exocets after one of them took out the HMS Sheffield?

Sure, a few folk might get killed, but what's that compared to a multi-billion dollar global market?

I'm just saying...

The rotors not turning is the key issue. They wouldn't be able to generate lift in a vacuum. They wouldn't spin either.

It's the old ship sinking after hitting a gas pocket conundrum but in the air. Or not in the air if you know what I mean.

Black hole anti matter and weird gravitational issues cannot be ruled out.

The rotors not turning is the key issue. They wouldn't be able to generate lift in a vacuum. They wouldn't spin either.

It's the old ship sinking after hitting a gas pocket conundrum but in the air. Or not in the air if you know what I mean.

Black hole anti matter and weird gravitational issues cannot be ruled out.

Are you suggesting that the stench created in a Tim-heavy Glasgow pub could have created a sort of foul gas pocket that rose into the sky over Glescawha'slikeus and starved the heli of the oxygen environment required for the engines to function?

Like in the Bermuda Triangle?

Are you suggesting that the stench created in a Tim-heavy Glasgow pub could have created a sort of foul gas pocket that rose into the sky over Glescawha'slikeus and starved the heli of the oxygen environment required for the engines to function?

Like in the Bermuda Triangle?

It's possible. Maybe not from the pub but a water spout from the Clyde could have zapped it.

Helicopters cannot fly in water, ships cannot sail in air. Plenty boats have been "sunk" by hitting gas pockets.

I'm sure there are aircraft that have been downed by water. In fact here you are.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1438173/Water-spout-hit-helicopter.html

He might have attempted a loop the loop

To impress the female cop

Or the male one - if he was a woofter.

+ 1 million. That was fucking magic. I love the onset of an impulsive guffaw, brought upon my being by very skilled writing.

exactly

hes talkin crap

would love to hear what he thinks "rebel songs" are

sure it wasnt mumford and sons?

It's a music pub as far as I'm aware.

Yep 100% agree with these posts.

Every since I was a plooky youth (half my life ago) I have always known the Clutha Vaults and the (nearby) Scotia Bar as music pubs, particularly folk music.

(the Scotia also has a good pool lounge upstairs, but lacks the beer garden of the Clutha - horses for courses).

I would always avoid a place if it had an overt association with Celtic or (esepcially) Rangers.

As for "rebel songs" - imo a lot of fuss is made over nothing about these.

I am not a fan of them personally, but I can see that they are just like Irish versions of Corries songs and so reject the idea that they are deeply offensive or somehow bigoted.

Imagine an englishman went mental over a Corries song and said it was offensive or even bigoted - you would think "what a wank this guy is".

Now that my "run out of fuel" hypothesis has been rubbished by the presence of ~95 litres of fuel, I am now ready to throw my weight behind bad-mobbys "laser pen in the pilots eyes" theory!

Did they do any postmorterms or similar on the bodies from the crash? Could the pilot not have had a heart attack or something, leading to the crash?

Also, the fact that there was only one pilot seems shady - look at commercial flights, there is always a back up pilot on those, precisely incase the chief pilot falls ill or whatever.

And just last night we could see a helicopter above glasgow in the night sky - we couldnt see if it was a Police 'copter (known as "Pork Choppers") but it wouldnt surprise me if they have a replacement on the go already.

And just last night we could see a helicopter above glasgow in the night sky - we couldnt see if it was a Police 'copter (known as "Pork Choppers") but it wouldnt surprise me if they have a replacement on the go already.

It was reported last week that a replacement was operating.

Enjoyed some nights in The Scotia, all decent people out to have a good night.

Exactly the same as those in the Clutha.

Four people have been arrested for allegedly breaking into the wrecked Clutha bar in Glasgow.

Ten people died when the Police Scotland helicopter crashed into the roof of the packed pub on 29 November.
Police said two men, aged 18 and 16, and two 16-year-old women had been charged with theft after being arrested in the early hours of Tuesday.
They are expected to appear at Glasgow Sheriff Court later on Wednesday.