Aberdeen V Dundee United (0 - 3)

if thats the case anybody who has anything to do withfitness at the cvlub shoukd be sacked.players at this level shou,d be walking through two games in a week

Haha... there speaks the hats professional sports science expert.

Two games in just over 2 days. We should have postponed this one, or changed it around a bit. That said, if we hadn't have given away a goal like it was feckin Xmas, then our spirits may have lasted in order to get the 1st.

You perform up to scratch after a late night, being kept up with the bairn, seeing every hour on the clock? No? Me neither.

Professional sportsman by any chance Roberto? Know what it takes to recover from a grueling match not 2 days prior to that? No, me neither.

That we had the bulk of the possession, meant we were doing even more running and it was Utd who were saved their energies.

Tired minds and tired legs, coupled with individual errors and some poor refereeing. Bad day all round.

Folk need to chill out. 1 game does not make a season.

In that context you are implying it's LESS than two days. Just exaggerating a bit there for dramatic effect :rolleyes:

celtic do this week in week out in the champions league.horrific excuse

Champions League Tue or Wed..... their games usual deferred to Sunday. They have ample time to recover. We have a much smaller squad in any case.

In that context you are implying it's LESS than two days. Just exaggerating a bit there for dramatic effect :rolleyes:

No, I meant two days. Anyone who has played football, ran a half marathon, done any hard workout, knows that it takes a bit of time to recover properly.

This is by no means the excuse for our pish performance today, but it was most certainly a factor.

Don't let that get in the way of anyone's typical over reaction, hounding of certain players or just general knicker twisting theatrics. Eh Fucked-on-Shandy?

If tiredness is a problem then we are hooped for Wednesday as its only 3 days away!!!!!

Agreed, But then we have Hayes to come back, Anderson and we SHOULD play Rooney from the start. I'd drop Robson as well, but believe he'll still be injured in any case.

Could see a couple of players coming in, either on loan or perm signings. We have a decent enough squad, but still lack a midfielder who can open up defences (other than Pawlett) and a left back.

Haha... there speaks the hats professional sports science expert.

Two games in just over 2 days. We should have postponed this one, or changed it around a bit. That said, if we hadn't have given away a goal like it was feckin Xmas, then our spirits may have lasted in order to get the 1st.

They had 3 sleeps between games.

The fact they played Thursday and Sunday is

irrelevant. McInnes blundered by not replacing

Hayes with a wide player, leaving Robson on far

too long and not utilising subs at sensible time.

Guest milne_afc

As soon as we beat Groningen, one of the office mongs should been drafting an email to the SPFL about rearranging this match. Utter dross today from everyone except Pawlett.

Robson should never start for us again, he's near enough a cripple.

Tiredness thing is an issue, anyone who says otherwise is on glue. United much fresher than us. Saturday to Saturday (and even Sat-Tues/Wed-Sat against domestic sides) that's not an excuse/reason, but given the circumstances surrounding Thursday then it's valid to an extent for today.

United have had their whole summer to plan for this game, knowing their next competitive match was against us. We weren't able to give much of a thought about them until Friday.

If Ash Taylor was giving me flashbacks of Zander Diamond on Thursday night when he was sent on up front (added to the fact he's wearing the no.5 shirt) then it was confirmed today. Absolute howler for the goal. Seemed to lose his balance before making the back pass. Flashes of decency there though: won almost everything in the air and has a bit of pace; just hope he's not too howler prone, although the Tranmere fans have referred to him as a bomb-scare.

Further thoughts: we must be the world's most desperate team for a left back; Robson should have retired in the summer; we missed Jonny Hayes badly.

They had 3 sleeps between games.

The fact they played Thursday and Sunday is

irrelevant. McInnes blundered by not replacing

Hayes with a wide player, leaving Robson on far

too long and not utilising subs at sensible time.

Thursday after game no effect on recovery (too late in day, simply home to bed). They would have had to do their recovery on Friday. I doubt they did much training in between.

McInnes has not once, came out with a bullshit excuse for a defeat, or spoken bollocks during pre or post game interviews. That he's immediately said he thinks we lacked energy and look leg weary, is enough for me to 100% agree with him. Now, had that came from the mouth of Brown or Calderwood, I may just be taking it with a pinch of salt. DM knows his players, knows when they are playing well and knows when they aint. There's no need for lame excuses after game 1 of the league.

Move on... Wednesday important for us now.

Twl st johnstone won ? How does that work?

Were they playing a la Liga outfit over 2 legs? Nope.

Were they playing a side likely to be pushing for a top 3 finish? Nope.

Seen the goals. Yes Taylor made a complete tit of it but Langfield wants to do better at both goals. Worried about getting sent off? Certainly caught by surprise whereas needs to be alert to these situations if he wants to improve - save versus De Leeuw is comparable - he just didnt have his game face on today

climbing frame face was just his usual self today, nailing his traffic cone impression on several occasions particularly the first when dow waltzes round him with embarrassing ease for the first. nothing new there, still shite and nae good enough. we've got to give taylor a chance though, he looked cumbersome at times but also showed potential. finally I've got to agree with the majority that mcinnes' lack of a plan b is alarming. hopefully today's a right off and normal service will be resumed on Wednesday away from home. he needs to have a serious re-think on tactics when playing at pittodrie.

St j arrived into edinburgh at 2am on Friday, seems tiredness is reserved for us only

Sitting on a bus/plane is not exactly like putting in one of the hardest shifts I've seen an Aberdeen side do for many a year. Thursday was one epic effort from our guys... not to mention the mental effort that took. That in itself is a factor in tiredness.

Look, no one is denying we didn't play well today. No one. Obvious factors are there for us all to see. Errors, making wrong decisions, tiredness, lack of invention. Buy into it, or don't. It makes little difference in the grand scheme of things. We'll bounce back. We've seen it from these players before.

climbing frame face was just his usual self today, nailing his traffic cone impression on several occasions particularly the first when dow waltzes round him with embarrassing ease for the first. nothing new there, still shite and nae good enough. we've got to give taylor a chance though, he looked cumbersome at times but also showed potential. finally I've got to agree with the majority that mcinnes' lack of a plan b is alarming. hopefully today's a right off and normal service will be resumed on Wednesday away from home. he needs to have a serious re-think on tactics when playing at pittodrie.

Aye, I know. Let's sit in like Brown and play for the 0-0!!

Like much (no sorry, make that everything) else you wrote above.... utter bollocks.

did I say sit in? you utter fucking blouse. hopefully you're not giving me the stare of death right now :hysterical:, tube.

Nah, I'm giving you the wanker hand gesture.

What other sort of 'tactics' should he employ at home them - oh special one?

Perish the thought eh... a home team attacking the visitors.

As for your insistence on continually insulting our keeper, I be as well block you as well. This site is far better reading when not dealing with pish like yours or Redstar's

block me all you like, it will be refreshing not having to interact with such clueless beaut. with regards to me being a special one, a simple change of formation or even the timing of a substitution could reverse our fortunes at home. simply sticking all the time and hoping things will change instead of instigating change is not good enough for me. mcinnes needs to be cleverer and braver on occasions.

Tiredness thing is an issue, anyone who says otherwise is on glue. United much fresher than us. Saturday to Saturday (and even Sat-Tues/Wed-Sat against domestic sides) that's not an excuse/reason, but given the circumstances surrounding Thursday then it's valid to an extent for today.

United have had their whole summer to plan for this game, knowing their next competitive match was against us. We weren't able to give much of a thought about them until Friday.

If Ash Taylor was giving me flashbacks of Zander Diamond on Thursday night when he was sent on up front (added to the fact he's wearing the no.5 shirt) then it was confirmed today. Absolute howler for the goal. Seemed to lose his balance before making the back pass. Flashes of decency there though: won almost everything in the air and has a bit of pace; just hope he's not too howler prone, although the Tranmere fans have referred to him as a bomb-scare.

Further thoughts: we must be the world's most desperate team for a left back; Robson should have retired in the summer; we missed Jonny Hayes badly.

we had a huge head start on them playing six competitive games meaning no chance of rust.

if they cant play two games in a week we have serious problems