Out Of Contract

What do you see in Malian specifically?

I'm certainly no expert on Mallan, but on the few occasions I've seen him, he looks above average in terms of technical ability, neat and tidy in possession and going forward he's obviously a threat.  Obviously we all see the goals he's scoring from the highlight packages too!  From the handful of occasions I've watched him, he has more upside than Forrester, Tansey and Gleeson (probably put together!) and at 22 y/o, he must have scope to improve.

A young scottish player, with a degree of ability and something to work with - I thought he'd have been on our radar.  I would be surprised if McInnes hadn't checked him out - so he probably doesn't agree!

For what it's worth I agree he fits the identikit of a mcinnes signing

But trust me, Gleeson and Forrester are better

Just wait a little longer, Forrester especially

I'd love for you to be right on Forrester but I completely disagree and I get the feeling McInnes already does too. There's no reason for him to be no where near the team but there he is. He's the ugliest cunt in the squad by miles too.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-rangers-aberdeen-rank-britains-13505684#r3z-addoor

Apologies for the disgusting link, but it's an interesting graphic on player wages paid by the top 50 teams in Britain.

Celtic's spend is ludicrous, £60m. If they hadn't won back to back trebles serious questions would need to be asked of them.

Some of the English teams on that list are a joke. Sunderland - £84.4m while in league one. Man Utd - £295.9m and play some of the most boring football you're likely to see most weeks. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-rangers-aberdeen-rank-britains-13505684#r3z-addoor

Apologies for the disgusting link, but it's an interesting graphic on player wages paid by the top 50 teams in Britain.

Celtic's spend is ludicrous, £60m. If they hadn't won back to back trebles serious questions would need to be asked of them.

Some of the English teams on that list are a joke. Sunderland - £84.4m while in league one. Man Utd - £295.9m and play some of the most boring football you're likely to see most weeks. 

It's not from when Sunderland were in league one, the figures are from 16/17, so they were in the Premier League.

Semis, obviously

Which we have had 7 of in 5 years

Over a 5-year period would you expect more than 1 League Cup win... given our spend/budget?  Or is 1 League Cup 'par'?  You could argue that Rangers have only been properly 'back' for the past 12 months or so... (you could also argue that they're an entirely new team...)

Certainly we've not overachieved, given the massive budget at our disposal.

• Upvote 1

Its looking like a stick on GMS and Shinnie are away if still no news in next couple weeks.

Confirmation will be received in early December when DM says fixture schedule just too hectic to sit down with players its something we'll look at in 2019.

To be fair to DM 9 matches in December does mean that so you get it done in November

Over a 5-year period would you expect more than 1 League Cup win... given our spend/budget? Or is 1 League Cup 'par'? You could argue that Rangers have only been properly 'back' for the past 12 months or so... (you could also argue that they're an entirely new team...)

Certainly we've not overachieved, given the massive budget at our disposal.

All the time the huns were in the lower divisions they still had by far the second biggest budget in Scotland and had a team generally full of experienced PL level players. And they've won nothing for 7 years despite that large budget.

Given that Hearts have only won 3 trophies in the last 56 years and Hibs have won the SC only once in well over 100 years I'd say it would be a tad unfair for anyone to criticise McInnes for "only" winning 1 trophy in 5 years in an era where Celtic's budget massively dwarfs everyone else's. And also considering that until DM arrived at AFC we had only won 1 trophy since 1990.

I think it's fair to say 1 trophy is par. We really ought to have won the SC in 2014 though especially after knocking Celtic out at Parkhead. But that's cup football for you.

• Upvote 1

Its looking like a stick on GMS and Shinnie are away if still no news in next couple weeks.

Confirmation will be received in early December when DM says fixture schedule just too hectic to sit down with players its something we'll look at in 2019.

To be fair to DM 9 matches in December does mean that so you get it done in November

How complex are contract talks though? They'll know what both players are on, know how much they want to offer, surely it's a case of getting in a room with player and agent and finding out if they want to sign? I don't see how many games we have makes a blind bit of difference in December.

How complex are contract talks though? They'll know what both players are on, know how much they want to offer, surely it's a case of getting in a room with player and agent and finding out if they want to sign? I don't see how many games we have makes a blind bit of difference in December.

He doesn't know........

All the time the huns were in the lower divisions they still had by far the second biggest budget in Scotland and had a team generally full of experienced PL level players. And they've won nothing for 7 years despite that large budget.

Given that Hearts have only won 3 trophies in the last 56 years and Hibs have won the SC only once in well over 100 years I'd say it would be a tad unfair for anyone to criticise McInnes for "only" winning 1 trophy in 5 years in an era where Celtic's budget massively dwarfs everyone else's. And also considering that until DM arrived at AFC we had only won 1 trophy since 1990.

I think it's fair to say 1 trophy is par. We really ought to have won the SC in 2014 though especially after knocking Celtic out at Parkhead. But that's cup football for you.

Thats far too sensible a post for this forum. BLOCKED

Aye doesn't take long to ask what are your plans, how much and how long do you want to stay and OK we'll prepare something and get back to you

January 2019

Max Lowe

June 2019

Tomas Cerny

Mark Reynolds

Andrew Considine

Graeme Shinnie

Gary Mackay-Steven

Frank Ross

Connor McLennan

Dominic Ball

Tommie Hoban

James Wilson

June 2020

Joe Lewis

Danny Rogers

Shay Logan

Stephen Gleeson

Greg Tansey

Sam Cosgrove

Derek McInnes

Tony Docherty

June 2021

Michael Devlin

Chris Forrester

Scott Wright

Dean Campbell

Bruce Anderson

Niall McGinn

Stevie May

June 2022

Lewis Ferguson

June 2023

Scott McKenna

January 2019

Max Lowe

June 2019

Tomas Cerny

Mark Reynolds

Andrew Considine

Graeme Shinnie

Gary Mackay-Steven

Frank Ross

Connor McLennan

Dominic Ball

Tommie Hoban

James Wilson

June 2020

Joe Lewis

Danny Rogers

Shay Logan

Stephen Gleeson

Greg Tansey

Sam Cosgrove

Derek McInnes

Tony Docherty

June 2021

Michael Devlin

Chris Forrester

Scott Wright

Dean Campbell

Bruce Anderson

Niall McGinn

Stevie May

June 2022

Lewis Ferguson

June 2023

Scott McKenna

Looking at the list for Summer 2019 it’s a fair chance 95% won’t be here next season