How Old Are You And How Do You Like Your Steak?

40. Medium.

Haven't paid for steak, chicken, mince, sausages etc etc for 20+ years owing to the father in law working in the meat trade. Had fillet fajitas the other night. Beautiful.

He retired just before Christmas.

He has plenty butchery type contacts though, to carry on his fine tradition of supplying my meat gratis

40. Medium.

Haven't paid for steak, chicken, mince, sausages etc etc for 20+ years owing to the father in law working in the meat trade. Had fillet fajitas the other night. Beautiful.

He retired just before Christmas.

He has plenty butchery type contacts though, to carry on his fine tradition of supplying my meat gratis

Am Big in the meat trade also.................

Anyway Back to topic

I love my steak like a good Vet would be able to bring it back to life.....

• 3 weeks later...

If you're out for a meal at a restaurant/ boozer and your steak is not cooked the way you asked for it to be, would you send it back?

A touch either way then no. I'm medium rare and would eat anything from rare to medium. The general enjoyment of the meal is more important than a slight difference in the meat temperature. I would certainly mention it though.

If you're out for a meal at a restaurant/ boozer and your steak is not cooked the way you asked for it to be, would you send it back?

Depends....

If im in a resteraunt where im paying a few bob for a quality bit of meat and they made a cunt of it then yes. But if i at some peasant gaff where you get a steak for about a fiver or something i would eat it and never return to the shithole again until the day i died

I would have a moan to the person I was with but wouldn't say anything most probably, just wouldn't go back. Maybe if it was way off, as in really well done but I've never came across an extreme.

On the subject of steak I had a lovely Rib eye from Lidl yesterday, cooked it rarer than I usually eat it and it was amazing, quick 1 minute flash in the griddle pan on both sides, job done. Sliced up some huge mushrooms and fried them up with some tomatoes, few wedgers on the side, lovely meal even though I do say so myself.

Happened to me on Sunday. It was still fine though, so I didn't complain.

I complained about a steak not being rare at The Ubiquitous Chip in the weege one time. I wasn't going to complain, but my bird and the waitress persuaded me to. The chef came out and slammed the plate down saying that was as rare as he was prepared to cook a steak. It didn't look the same shape as it did when it first went back to the kitchen - I think it had probably been volleyed about through the back. I didn't eat it. I haven't eaten there since, and if I ever see the chef in the street (unlikely I know) I'll kick his fuckin' heid in. Weegie prick.

A gentleman never divulges his age. Terribly bad form.

Haven't eaten beef since mad cow disease. Stopped eating it cos I'm a mad bastard already without help from some mad cow. Just never started eating it again. Don't miss it. When I used to eat steak it was well done in peppercorn sauce.