How Old Are You And How Do You Like Your Steak?

A lot of people think the red juices in a rare steak is blood, it isn't, it's actually a mix of protein and water, it's called Myoglobin.

So the next time someone says they like a bloody steak please feel free to enlighten them.

Any other questions just ask, I'm here all day.

Ever reliable; top informative posting from a world class poster.

:cool:

• Upvote 1

41 years old , Blue , it needs searing on the outside , raw inside . Beautiful

Carpaccio is my favourite starter , raw meat cut thinly then hammered flat drizzled with olive oil and lemon juice , topped with parmesan shavings , Fucking lovely

See I've had enough cold tasteless carpaccios to put me right off them in general. Dunt of peppery rocket is good with em. Though I'll be honest I tend to avoid it these days. I think in general the balticness kills it (undertsablable but peeving and unnecessary).

This is another quite popular food related thread. Better than TFTD that's for sure.

Maybe a market opening for a "What did you have for your breakfast" type thread to be opened. I know I'd contribute to that.

Some bran flakes, skimmed milk, a couple of slices of watermelon and a black coffee (Taylors of Harrogate After Dark) for what it's worth.

45 respondents.

doneness%20b_zpsdeat7wkj.jpg

and preference by total number of respondents. overwhelmingly medium rare.

doneness%20a_zpstn1piuug.jpg

I'm thinking the older you get the less cooking time you appreciate. Know when i was younger there was no way I'd have any red in a steak. Maturity? Appreciation of product? Unsure. Educating my own kids early. They're already wanting a steak done no more than medium (and rested, of course).

Had fillet steak fae lidl tonight. Was creeping towards medium from medium rare, was still splendid.

Reduced some of the leftover leek and onion soup I had for lunch yesterday, with added Rosemary, peppercorns, bay leaf and added butter to make a tasty sauce.

I assume you are single?

Or a chef, maybe chefs do this?

See I've had enough cold tasteless carpaccios to put me right off them in general. Dunt of peppery rocket is good with em. Though I'll be honest I tend to avoid it these days. I think in general the balticness kills it (undertsablable but peeving and unnecessary).

Well , you need to nae be in such a fucking hurry Scooby Doo , let that Carpaccio come up to room temperature , during this time you dazzle all cunt with your rapier wit . Mon min , let the flavour reveal itsel !!!!