How Old Are You And How Do You Like Your Steak?

We were in Lidl the other day and, as usual, we raided the "30% cheaper" freezer - various stuff which is on a short date and they are trying to punt.

We got two fillet steaks for about £8 total. Wife estimated a single one of them would have been £10 out of Marks and Sparks.

We had them tonight, twas effing delicious - I clearly know nothing about steak, but still steak seems so hit and miss, and I don't like gambling when it comes to food. Peoples lives, maybe, but never my own meals.

Wife said mine was "well done" (no pink) yet it was still juicy and tender. Delicious.

Much better than the raw meat ("roast beef" apparently) that her aunt served me at the weekend (I was disgusted).

We were in Lidl the other day and, as usual, we raided the "30% cheaper" freezer - various stuff which is on a short date and they are trying to punt.

We got two fillet steaks for about £8 total. Wife estimated a single one of them would have been £10 out of Marks and Sparks.

We had them tonight, twas effing delicious - I clearly know nothing about steak, but still steak seems so hit and miss, and I don't like gambling when it comes to food. Peoples lives, maybe, but never my own meals.

Wife said mine was "well done" (no pink) yet it was still juicy and tender. Delicious.

Much better than the raw meat ("roast beef" apparently) that her aunt served me at the weekend (I was disgusted).

Mink.

I had a steak the night before the semi last Friday - canna mine the name of the place but it was next door to Slouch bar on Bath Street.

...had the ribeye - medium rare with triple cooked chips. Fine!!

It came with a choice of either peppercorn sauce, smoked butter or bone marrow reduction.

I'm 27 and I pick fatty bone gravy every opportunity.

I assume you are single?

Or a chef, maybe chefs do this?

Debatable.

Not a chef.

Had a sirloin steak in "The Butchers Shop" restaurant in Glasgow Sunday night, it was great but the lidl fillet wasn't a million miles away.

Also had a steak in some cafe/restaurant in Glasgow called "A Bar Crombys" chosen eatery while pished and it was getting late. The steak was mediocre at best.

• 2 weeks later...