Hearts V Aberdeen (1 - 0)

Guest the shepherd

Apart from the fact that all of our players were literally hopeless and bereft of any desire or positive energy.

The difference in this game was Andy Considine.

His efforts at first of all the goal with the initial header was nothing short of a disgrace . Then his attempt at that sitter 4 yards out speaks for itself.

Considine GTF.

It wasn't Considine's best game, that is for sure but he wasn't the only one culpable for the first goal. The attempt by whoever was actually marking Paterson for his header to get the only goal was fucking embarrassing whilst Willo Flood may and should have cleared it off the line. Whilst Hearts are getting all the plaudits they were fucking honking as well. Whoever gets them in the next round will be rubbing their hands.

True enough as no player is undroppable but the service to Adam Rooney yesterday was nonexistent. No wonder he let his frustrations out just before half-time on the boy Igor Rossi. A striker is only as good as the service he receives. He must feel pretty lonely upfront on his own.

At one point in the second half, midway into Hearts half, Rooney managed to lose a header that only he was competing for

True enough as no player is undroppable but the service to Adam Rooney yesterday was nonexistent. No wonder he let his frustrations out just before half-time on the boy Igor Rossi. A striker is only as good as the service he receives. He must feel pretty lonely upfront on his own.

This^^^. But it doesn't change the fact that if they do successfully snuff out Hayes and Mcginn which starves Rooney then we need, and currently don't have, a plan B. Never yet seen GW and Rooney work together. so if plan B does mean subbing/dropping Rooney then so be it. But only with a plan, not a half arsed rescue mission.

Guest the shepherd

At one point in the second half, midway into Hearts half, Rooney managed to lose a header that only he was competing for

Aye by that time he had lost the plot. I actually feel sorry for the lad as no team in history that has been successful (i.e. that have won trophies) have played with only one up front. He must be really hacked off, mind you at least he is getting a game.

Guest the shepherd

This^^^. But it doesn't change the fact that if they do successfully snuff out Hayes and Mcginn which starves Rooney then we need, and currently don't have, a plan B. Never yet seen GW and Rooney work together. so if plan B does mean subbing/dropping Rooney then so be it. But only with a plan, not a half arsed rescue mission.

This has been a long-standing problem of Aberdeen for as long as I can remember even going back to the days of Alex Ferguson, although to be fair he executed his Plan Bs fairly well but not always. From Ian Porterfield through to Derek McInnes you can probably count the number of times on one hand when Plan B has been successfully used and executed during a match to change its course in our favour.

Plan A, and indeed Plans B through to K, are simply variations of 4-2-3-1, with the best available personnel in their most natural positions. It's incredibly predictable and, whilst it has served McInnes well, it now needs to change because any team which isn't managed by an actual retard knows exactly how we are going to play.

Plan L appears to be "shit we're losing 1-0 and there's 5 minutes to go, here's Ash Taylor up front for the LOLz."

Not good enough.

• Upvote 1

Early last season there were a few games when McInnes astonishingly played 4-4-2 and I thought Goodwillie and Rooney looked dangerous together. Dundee away when we won 3-2 I'm sure they were excellent... Although I had tanned a couple G&T's

What we are missing is jack. Anyone who still thinks flood and Shinnie are the answer together in midfield and jack should not play need only look at our midfield in that 45 minutes

Aye, we missed the player who in recent weeks has been our worst player and who's main attribute in that time has been his lack of mettle.

That 90 mins should put the Ryan Jack argument from throughout the week to bed. Missed him badly.

More guesswork. You, or fifered don't know.

Fact.

Apart from that, we've been fucking shite when he's been in the team too.

More often than not we bottle it on the big stage, we were close to bottling the league cup final which we ended up winning. Mcinnes and the team are at a cross roads now and there's no clear indication of where they are going.

mcinnes has also become very predictable. When things are not going well he throws on Goodwillie and then when that doesn't work he throws Taylor up front. Our youth do not get any game time so sooner or later the team will pass it's sell by date.

Can anyone say they are happy with this season? For me the league position and earlier winning run papers over the cracks, we've missed some great opportunities to be sitting top and we are out of both cups at the first hurdle without even scoring a goal. Before anyone says it, I know where we have came from under Mcinnes but expections change as teams improve. The cup competitions this season are completely unacceptable and if we do not finish 2nd, the season as a whole is a failure.

Yesterday was a clear indication that we lack strength and rely on only a couple of players for their creativity. In fact the signs have been there for a while, ICT on Boxing Day completely nullified our creative players and we looked lost......... What did Mcinnes do? See above.

The answer is fresh faces added to the starting 11 not just the squad. We also need to start blooding youngsters but I'm not sure Mcinnes or more importantly our support have the patience for that.

@@Kelt I completely disagree with you on Goodwillie, he doesn't hold the ball as much as you say, he takes too many touches to do this and often loses possession and then feigns injury. He held it up and drew the foul only once yesterday, he is a complete waste of a wage and talent. He needs to be sent packing and his wage put to better use.

• Upvote 2

I'm not sure if I have the patience or not for youngsters vanderark14 cause it's been so long since I've seen it.

Only Aberdeen could win the under 20s league and still not give any of the cunts a go. That was the problem though... Even in the development league all we were doing was playing the maximum amount of over age players possible. Even in the under 20s we don't give youth a chance!!!

I'm not sure if I have the patience or not for youngsters vanderark14 cause it's been so long since I've seen it.

Only Aberdeen could win the under 20s league and still not give any of the cunts a go. That was the problem though... Even in the development league all we were doing was playing the maximum amount of over age players possible. Even in the under 20s we don't give youth a chance!!!

What I mean by patience is that our support have none of it. If a player does not light up the match Immeditaely or if a player makes a mistake we get on their backs and label them as shite. Youngsters will always be inconsistent and I don't think we have the patience to blood them.

In saying that you make a good point.

I can tell you right you now that none of our u20s are good enough, YET!

We won that league by using the senior rule by our advantage and Shankland banging them in every week.

We won that league by using the senior rule by our advantage and Shankland banging them in every week.

When do they become "ready"?

They need experience and the only way to do that is give them a chance and not just a token two minutes at the end. We will never know if they are ready if they don't get the chance.

We were seriously let down by big players yesterday. McGinn and Hayes offered us nothing.

Rooney offers us one thing but he's not going to give it to us every week.

We quite simply do not score enough goals. It's pathetic.

That's because teams know that we only have one idea, get the ball to Hayes and McGinn and well that's about it. Teams have Sussed Del Boy out, it's time for him to show his management skills and change it around.

We were seriously let down by big players yesterday. McGinn and Hayes offered us nothing.

Rooney offers us one thing but he's not going to give it to us every week.

We quite simply do not score enough goals. It's pathetic.

Jonny... Another undroppable player. He's been terrible recently and it's all thanks to fine and dandy saying he should be playing in the EPL. Cheers MATE

• Site Sponsor

What I mean by patience is that our support have none of it. If a player does not light up the match Immeditaely or if a player makes a mistake we get on their backs and label them as shite. Youngsters will always be inconsistent and I don't think we have the patience to blood them.

In saying that you make a good point.

I disagree with this VDA.

I think the majority of our fans would support youngsters even if they don't cut the mustard straight away.

Certainly when young Wright was given a 20 minute run however many months ago, the support was there - but we've not seen him again since.

Young players need a decent run in the team whether that's a gradual introduction as a Sub in a few games leading on to being in the starting line up for a few games.

If anything the fans are beginning to lose patience with the constant failure to bench the favourites when they clearly need to be dropped.

Jonny... Another undroppable player. He's been terrible recently and it's all thanks to fine and dandy saying he should be playing in the EPL. Cheers MATE

Tbf, drop him for who? There's nobody on the bench.

Apparently if you say something against Logan it's racist. Well fuck it, he's absolutely pish when a player runs at him. Nicholson ran him ragged yesterday and it was a clear target for Hearts.

Eh? I was speaking about U20s..

You say none of our u20s are ready yet . I'm asking , what are you basing that on , considering how bad the first team have been for the last 3 games?