Hearts V Aberdeen (1 - 0)

Whatever happened to our full backs attacking and getting forward, Logan and shinnie aren't scoring enough goals

Umm... full backs aren't generally renowned for being prolific. Christ, Gary Neville scored about four goals in his entire career.

At the moment I'd settle for full backs who can do the basics i.e. not defending like fannies, not giving the ball away, providing an 'out' ball in the midfield (they have more space than anyone else on the pitch), and, whenever advisable, getting forward and pinging over decent crosses. And by decent, I mean crosses which aren't aimed at a fictitious 9ft tall giant playing in an adjacent stadium.

Guest milne_afc

Just watched the highlights. What a fucking miss by Considine. FFS. :clangers2:

Rooney fresh-aired it before it came to him. Wasn't an easy chance, especially as he wouldn't have been expecting it and it was slightly behind him.

You'd have missed too.

To be fair shinnie has been effective getting forward WHEN he's played as left back,

Logan has all the attacking threat as the Luxembourg army, certainly he is far more negative than he used to be , now whether he has been told to sit back or he has just lost interest I don't know,

For me Logan has already, mentally left the club if not physically,

Rooney fresh-aired it before it came to him. Wasn't an easy chance, especially as he wouldn't have been expecting it and it was slightly behind him.

You'd have missed too.

I'm sorry chief , that miss is indefensible, fuck me a blind cunt, with glaucoma and cataracts, whilst suffering from Parkinson s and Huntingdon disease whilst having an epileptic fit would have made a better fist of that chance.

Whatever happened to our full backs attacking and getting forward, Logan and shinnie aren't scoring enough goals

Not scoring enough goals compared to who? Is that a serious point, I'm not sure?

Three of the most attacking full backs in European football, zabaleta, alves and jordi alba scored less than logan last season. Of all the issues or team has, the lack of goals from our full backs is certainly not one of them.

More often than not we bottle it on the big stage, we were close to bottling the league cup final which we ended up winning. Mcinnes and the team are at a cross roads now and there's no clear indication of where they are going.

mcinnes has also become very predictable. When things are not going well he throws on Goodwillie and then when that doesn't work he throws Taylor up front. Our youth do not get any game time so sooner or later the team will pass it's sell by date.

Can anyone say they are happy with this season? For me the league position and earlier winning run papers over the cracks, we've missed some great opportunities to be sitting top and we are out of both cups at the first hurdle without even scoring a goal. Before anyone says it, I know where we have came from under Mcinnes but expections change as teams improve. The cup competitions this season are completely unacceptable and if we do not finish 2nd, the season as a whole is a failure.

Yesterday was a clear indication that we lack strength and rely on only a couple of players for their creativity. In fact the signs have been there for a while, ICT on Boxing Day completely nullified our creative players and we looked lost......... What did Mcinnes do? See above.

The answer is fresh faces added to the starting 11 not just the squad. We also need to start blooding youngsters but I'm not sure Mcinnes or more importantly our support have the patience for that.

@@Kelt I completely disagree with you on Goodwillie, he doesn't hold the ball as much as you say, he takes too many touches to do this and often loses possession and then feigns injury. He held it up and drew the foul only once yesterday, he is a complete waste of a wage and talent. He needs to be sent packing and his wage put to better use.

I'd have liked to see GW get more gametime than he has, my preferred choice would have been in the hole between mid and attack, rather than a swap for whoever our striker/winger is who's coming off.

He has a great footballing head on him, and is one of our natural footballers, to my mind.

I disagree with your disagreement, though. I think opponents tend to genuinely foul him because he is very good at holding the ball... unlike, say, a Lee Miller who just falls to the ground at the merest contact. On more than one occassion he has recieved some brutal treatment, exactly because opponents get frustrated trying to take the ball off him.

Either way, I think GW has been woefullly under-utilised and, just as bad, played in completely the wrong role for this team.

He may have been not-very-good yesterday, but we had a team performance that screamed 'not interested', which is absolutely fucking baffling.

How many players ran to support Rooney when the Hearts players reacted to him barging their defender to the ground? In a proper team EVERY cunt would've steamed in to help out their teammate.

I'm pretty sure McGinn turned his back and walked away.

We've a team of fannies and Hearts bullied us.

Worrying thing is that every other manager watching that last night will know how to play against us. St Johnstone and ICT are physical and its nae surprise to me when we struggle against them.

Fucking sort it oot McInnes.

Taking about the form of players. not sure of the relevance of your post

Fair enough. My point is pawlett has had plenty of chances over the years and has never done anything except flatter to deceive or bottle the chance to use his pace effectively.

He's been shit every game he's started this season.

I get the point that some players maybe deserve a chance in place of one of the regular underperformers. Imo that player isn't pawlett.

Soon as Goodwillie came on we started making headway.

He is stronger than the bullies in the Hearts defence.

That change should have been made at half time.

That aside, Hearts wanted it more and deserved to win.

I agree. Goodwillie didn't do anything in particular. He was probably a bit shit in fairness... But his movement in general at least led to a few things happening in their box

Just watched the highlights, we weren't as bad as I thought when I was at the game. Had enough good chances to at least get a replay but just couldn't finish on the day. Not as bad as the usual overreaction deserves.

go get yerself a strong coffee and sober up min, we were embaressing

I'm sorry chief , that miss is indefensible, fuck me a blind cunt, with glaucoma and cataracts, whilst suffering from Parkinson s and Huntingdon disease whilst having an epileptic fit would have made a better fist of that chance.

stephen hawkings would have buried it,bottom corner :checkit:

Injured: Jack

A wee extra rest for the players ahead of this.

Ward

Logan Taylor Reynolds Considine

Flood Shinnie

McGinn McLean Hayes

Rooney

subs: Brown, Quinn, Robson, Smith, Pawlett, Goodwillie, Storie

prediction: 1-1 McGinn

crowd: 14,899

The fact I can name the starting XI and subs a week before so easily is one of our problems these days

I don't buy all this nonsense about the Herz players being over physical.

Bruce Lee was only 5 ft 7 inches, & could have taken on their whole team single handed.

A decent manager employs measures to navigate around a mountain, rather than going over it.

Unfortunately we don’t have one of those. (IMO)

Either that or we introduce some Chi exercises for our feeble squad.

I don't buy all this nonsense about the Herz players being over physical.

Bruce Lee was only 5 ft 7 inches, & could have taken on their whole team single handed.

A decent manager employs measures to navigate around a mountain, rather than going over it.

Unfortunately we don’t have one of those. (IMO)

Either that or we introduce some Chi exercises for our feeble squad.

Who would win in a fight, Spiderman or a prime Mike Tyson?

Hmm, yeah. You might be right enough. Pretty sure there was a temporary stand behind Zdrillics scaff. Missed Booths goal because a certain bus member of ours (Z) got a spark in his eye from a flare and had to be taken to get medical attention. Pretty sure @@Panda was there also.

Nah only time I've ever been at Stenhousemuir was the infamous 2-0 defeat under Aitken.