Hearts V Aberdeen (1 - 0)

On the plus side, I always find afc chat is at its best when I'm hungover as fuck and Aberdeen have had a shite result the day before

This is true. It's boring as fuck when we win. :angry:

Though I was about to be hungover, sensed it's approach, but thankfully fended it off with a quick scoof of reed wine that I happened upon in the kitchen.

Tbf, drop him for who? There's nobody on the bench.

Apparently if you say something against Logan it's racist. Well fuck it, he's absolutely pish when a player runs at him. Nicholson ran him ragged yesterday and it was a clear target for Hearts.

Logan was shite yesterday, summed up by his aimless cross late in the game when nobody was even in the box. Goodwille pish too.

Been reading the forum for years but that performance made me want to put in tuppence worth about things that have pissed me if fir a while!

1. Our two centre backs are shocking on the ball teams have learned that and how to exploit it. Taylor at least looks for a pass, Reynolds week after week blooters it in the direction he is facing under the slightest pressure.

2. When Considine and Logan play fullbacks barely a decent ball comes in from then the whole game. Teams know it and double up on Hayes/McGinn.

3. Stop fucking playing Shinnie in midfield when he is our only full back with any quality going forward and teams are leaving our full backs free when he's not there. The biggest reason he gets put in midfield is Mcinnes thinking he needs physicality against likes of Hearts. Which leads on to next gripe...

4 Get a physical nasty bastard in midfield. For one we need it for so many reasons - not being bullied, bullying them, defending/attacking set pieces but most of all to not shit ourselves and stick Considine at LB and Shinnie in midfield to provide more of those players on park.

5. Jack has had a lot of stick since Hibs game and rightly so he has been shit and lost all confidence. But a confident Jack is our most imortant midfielder if not player by far. On his game he plugs the gaping gaps in midfield from yesterday better than anyone and keeps a calmer head to control things.

6. We lack and quality pace gong forward other than Jonny Hayes. Need at least a higher quality option with pace to come from bench. Hearts defended higher yesterday as Paterson matched Hayes physically while not really scared of pace from Rooney, McGinn and McLean.

7. Rooney starting to look a bit one dimensional. Not particularly quick, skill full or physical. Get the ball in box enough or win pens he is fine. We have no real options to play in other ways through him. Likes of Sow won't get the goals he does but is a far better all round player and could play at a higher level.

Just a rant and not trying to make out whole team is shit just pointing out things that have pissed me off recently. We are second best team in SPL at his season but that starting to struggle over past few months and these cup exits are not good enough. other teams have worked us out.

• Upvote 2

I've doubted Logan's defending ability since the end of last season when he got skinned alive by Armstrong and then gave up on tracking him allowing Armstrong all the time in the world to pick out brown to score.

I would go along with that. I think we were all dazzled at first because we hadn't had a proper full back in so long

We are signing players with the wrong mentality. And also, we are nowhere near as good as anybody thinks we are.

We lack a midfield enforcer but also somebody who can play a forward defence splitting pass. Maybe we can find a player who can do both but I doubt it, on our budget.

Take Hayes and McGinn out of the game (as has happened the last 3 games) and we are stuffed cos we can't play through the centre of midfield

When it's nae going Logan's way his head really goes down like. He's sulky and looks like he really lacks commitment, just blames all cunt else.

Considine's performance though, now I've had time to reflect, that was an absolute disgrace.

Agree 100%

Look closely at his 2 efforts. The attempt to defend the corner at the goal where he couldn't even be arsed to jump properly and his howk over the bar from 4 yards , which was the only chance we actually had.

To pinpoint something that cost us the game , he was indeed the difference.

Culpable , clearly twice , in major points of the game. That was without all the other shite he served up.

Send the cunt to the mines.

We are signing players with the wrong mentality. And also, we are nowhere near as good as anybody thinks we are.

We lack a midfield enforcer but also somebody who can play a forward defence splitting pass. Maybe we can find a player who can do both but I doubt it, on our budget.

Take Hayes and McGinn out of the game (as has happened the last 3 games) and we are stuffed cos we can't play through the centre of midfield

Totally agree with that. However, I do think the McLeans and Shinnies do have the right mentality, they just aren't delivering in the big games

Our defence didn't play well yesterday but if we play Shinnie at left back and drop Considine to cover for Ash then I would be happy with the current back four. I would look to replace Logan and Reynolds in time.

The problems we need to rectify more immediately is in midfield and the forward line. Like the defence I am happy to go with both Hays and McGinn but they need to work on their ability to cross with pace or pick out someone in the box with an accurate pass. We need add a player in midfield to add both strength and height as well as being comfortable on the ball and able to pass forward with accuracy. Flood is our best option at this time but he lacks a number of these attributes. If we are to stick with the loan striker then I am sorry but Rooney is not that man. Sow's display for Hearts yesterday was the perfect example of a striker having a positive influence on a game without actually scoring the winning goal.

The worrying revelation from yesterday was that Deke was happy with the squad for the rest of the season. Our season is falling apart and we are not in the market for the players we require to take us to the next level. Remember both Hibs and the other ugly sister will be competing with us for trophies and players next season so we have to make hay while the sun is shinning.

Been reading the forum for years but that performance made me want to put in tuppence worth about things that have pissed me if fir a while!

1. Our two centre backs are shocking on the ball teams have learned that and how to exploit it. Taylor at least looks for a pass, Reynolds week after week blooters it in the direction he is facing under the slightest pressure.

2. When Considine and Logan play fullbacks barely a decent ball comes in from then the whole game. Teams know it and double up on Hayes/McGinn.

3. Stop fucking playing Shinnie in midfield when he is our only full back with any quality going forward and teams are leaving our full backs free when he's not there. The biggest reason he gets put in midfield is Mcinnes thinking he needs physicality against likes of Hearts. Which leads on to next gripe...

4 Get a physical nasty bastard in midfield. For one we need it for so many reasons - not being bullied, bullying them, defending/attacking set pieces but most of all to not shit ourselves and stick Considine at LB and Shinnie in midfield to provide more of those players on park.

5. Jack has had a lot of stick since Hibs game and rightly so he has been shit and lost all confidence. But a confident Jack is our most imortant midfielder if not player by far. On his game he plugs the gaping gaps in midfield from yesterday better than anyone and keeps a calmer head to control things.

6. We lack and quality pace gong forward other than Jonny Hayes. Need at least a higher quality option with pace to come from bench. Hearts defended higher yesterday as Paterson matched Hayes physically while not really scared of pace from Rooney, McGinn and McLean.

7. Rooney starting to look a bit one dimensional. Not particularly quick, skill full or physical. Get the ball in box enough or win pens he is fine. We have no real options to play in other ways through him. Likes of Sow won't get the goals he does but is a far better all round player and could play at a higher level.

Just a rant and not trying to make out whole team is shit just pointing out things that have pissed me off recently. We are second best team in SPL at his season but that starting to struggle over past few months and these cup exits are not good enough. other teams have worked us out.

Quite agree with a lot of this but I'd add the problem isn't entirely a lack of other attacking options, its a lack of willingness to deploy the ones we have.

Pawlett, Goodwillie, maybe Robson, perhaps Wright and some of the other kids (others on here can say better than me who that should be) could be given a more regular chance to build their confidence and give us options.

I think its quite hard mentally on McGinn and Hayes being 100% relied on every week to break down the opposition, a break for them and the feeling there are others there to help and push them on would really help IMO.

The full backs don't get forward much, but I think thats what McInnes is telling them he wants. So again its not just personnel its the coaching choices being made. We should be pushing these guys up and getting them involved in attacks. Remember how good even Considine was 2 years ago when he got himself charging forward? (and he's less attack minded than Logan would be).

Signing new options is fine, but we need to be prepared to use them.

I like McInnes and won't forget what he has achieved with this group of players but it feels like he is playing the percentages far too much and just needs to take a few more risks and give some of the rest of the squad the confidence boost of knowing they will get games.

Then if we are using the squad I can see the point in adding one or two options, but as things stand there's no point as they won't be played.

I think the full backs do get chances doing more going forward.

When Shinnie plays there he gets forward a lot and contributes to attacking play while Logan seems to blooter countless crosses over the back post and actually gets into a lot of goal scoring positions.

Agree that it is Mcinnes unwillingness to change is main problem for other issues - that is the main frustration!

I don't think Storrie is the physical midfielder we need as he is unproven and not even all that tall or type of player team is missing. Nor is Wright ready for first team or Goodwillie an option upfront as he isn't quick, physical or particularly clever player.

The players needed are not there in the squad.

Our defence didn't play well yesterday but if we play Shinnie at left back and drop Considine to cover for Ash then I would be happy with the current back four. I would look to replace Logan and Reynolds in time.

The problems we need to rectify more immediately is in midfield and the forward line. Like the defence I am happy to go with both Hays and McGinn but they need to work on their ability to cross with pace or pick out someone in the box with an accurate pass. We need add a player in midfield to add both strength and height as well as being comfortable on the ball and able to pass forward with accuracy. Flood is our best option at this time but he lacks a number of these attributes. If we are to stick with the loan striker then I am sorry but Rooney is not that man. Sow's display for Hearts yesterday was the perfect example of a striker having a positive influence on a game without actually scoring the winning goal.

The worrying revelation from yesterday was that Deke was happy with the squad for the rest of the season. Our season is falling apart and we are not in the market for the players we require to take us to the next level. Remember both Hibs and the other ugly sister will be competing with us for trophies and players next season so we have to make hay while the sun is shinning.

Reynolds won't be leaving any time soon under contract until 2018.

Just watched the highlights, we weren't as bad as I thought when I was at the game. Had enough good chances to at least get a replay but just couldn't finish on the day. Not as bad as the usual overreaction deserves.

Yeah but you'd have to watch the fill game to reflect how brutal we actually were.

True enough as no player is undroppable but the service to Adam Rooney yesterday was nonexistent. No wonder he let his frustrations out just before half-time on the boy Igor Rossi. A striker is only as good as the service he receives. He must feel pretty lonely upfront on his own.

Not really true though. Great strikers work hard and make chances for themselves too watch. Rooney scores goals but he's useless around the pitch.

When was the last time Rooney had a good game? When was the last time Rooney contributed in build up play? Not for a while anyway.

Quite agree with a lot of this but I'd add the problem isn't entirely a lack of other attacking options, its a lack of willingness to deploy the ones we have.

Pawlett, Goodwillie, maybe Robson, perhaps Wright and some of the other kids (others on here can say better than me who that should be) could be given a more regular chance to build their confidence and give us options.

I think its quite hard mentally on McGinn and Hayes being 100% relied on every week to break down the opposition, a break for them and the feeling there are others there to help and push them on would really help IMO.

The full backs don't get forward much, but I think thats what McInnes is telling them he wants. So again its not just personnel its the coaching choices being made. We should be pushing these guys up and getting them involved in attacks. Remember how good even Considine was 2 years ago when he got himself charging forward? (and he's less attack minded than Logan would be).

Signing new options is fine, but we need to be prepared to use them.

I like McInnes and won't forget what he has achieved with this group of players but it feels like he is playing the percentages far too much and just needs to take a few more risks and give some of the rest of the squad the confidence boost of knowing they will get games.

Then if we are using the squad I can see the point in adding one or two options, but as things stand there's no point as they won't be played.

I agree with both of you, I think that sometimes you need a 'wildcard' type player to surprise the opposition and for the enthusiasm a fringe player should have. Maybe Joe Nuttal or Frank Ross could have been effective last night? It is easy to speculate but safe to say our experienced, 'proven' players did not perform last night. A few of our players were very poor. We are not advocating naive wholesale changes to a generally reliable starting line-up, but one or two real options from the bench. There was a lack of charisma and audacity last night in attempting to overcome a Hearts team full of zest (Sow, Nicholson and Paterson). Character is important an we did not show enough.

The manager was very honest last night in conceding that the players under-performed. There has to be some criticism. Had we played anywhere like our best we would have come away with a replay. The game at Easter Road earlier in the season was very similar. We need to accept that some of our established first team are not as dependable as we like to imagine?

COYR!