Hearts V Aberdeen (1 - 0)

I'd have liked to see GW get more gametime than he has, my preferred choice would have been in the hole between mid and attack, rather than a swap for whoever our striker/winger is who's coming off.

He has a great footballing head on him, and is one of our natural footballers, to my mind.

I disagree with your disagreement, though. I think opponents tend to genuinely foul him because he is very good at holding the ball... unlike, say, a Lee Miller who just falls to the ground at the merest contact. On more than one occassion he has recieved some brutal treatment, exactly because opponents get frustrated trying to take the ball off him.

Either way, I think GW has been woefullly under-utilised and, just as bad, played in completely the wrong role for this team.

He may have been not-very-good yesterday, but we had a team performance that screamed 'not interested', which is absolutely fucking baffling.

Seems we don't have enough.

• Site Sponsor

Where to begin?

a complete and utter shambles from kick off.

Naive of McInnes to think Hearts wouldn't try different tactics and to hardly change what we were doing shows there is never a plan B.

It's about time Cammy Smith got a run in this team in centre Mid. Flood is out injured again, so is Jack.

Considine peaked last season and has been a shadow this season. The defence was very ropey throughout and it won't be a loss for Shay to move on, his mind is elsewhere.

A bit of a revamp of the squad is needed so I'd be moving on Robson, Goodie, Considine, Logan and Flood. It's about time the young players like Wright were given a chance to impress.

• Upvote 1

Where to begin?

a complete and utter shambles from kick off.

Naive of McInnes to think Hearts wouldn't try different tactics and to hardly change what we were doing shows there is never a plan B.

It's about time Cammy Smith got a run in this team in centre Mid. Flood is out injured again, so is Jack.

Considine peaked last season and has been a shadow this season. The defence was very ropey throughout and it won't be a loss for Shay to move on, his mind is elsewhere.

A bit of a revamp of the squad is needed so I'd be moving on Robson, Goodie, Considine, Logan and Flood. It's about time the young players like Wright were given a chance to impress.

I'd keep Flood. Still has a role to play in the squad.

Agree with the rest.

I would have been close to taking him off on Saturday, prior to his injury, he was that bad.

I think his little "tweaked hammy" was a smokescreen.

Yeah, he was brutal.

We have folk all over the site now claiming McInnes is naive not to set up to match the opposition or whatever. It was only a couple of months ago that folk were screaming we should play 4-4-2 and let the opposition worry about us. We're far too fickle, results like this one show it at it's worst.

Cammy Smith needs a shot in the team but it wont happen, Pawlett will get his 100 millionth chance as usual because the Manager cant see past his faves!

Logan needs dropped and or let go now, been a decent servant but his heart isn't in it anymore.

Either way, Manager needs to freshen the team up simple as that.

Logan is a decent RB but suffers from a lack of concentration at times. We don't have anyone else to challenge him for that position, which McInnes is well aware of.

I'm really hoping that McInnes is playing mind games with the "we're not needing to bring anyone in" statement. He knows as well as we do where the deficiency lies in the squad, even more so as he'll have watched each game several times and identified the problems. I just hope that he's giving funds to replace Ward and bring someone else in.

Sadly, I think we wouldn't have paid much of Wards wages so unless another Loan goalie comes in who is as good as him, I doubt we'll get anyone close to his ability.

It's maybe about time to put faith into our youth system and give them a try.

Cammy Smith needs a shot in the team but it wont happen, Pawlett will get his 100 millionth chance as usual because the Manager cant see past his faves!

Logan needs dropped and or let go now, been a decent servant but his heart isn't in it anymore.

Either way, Manager needs to freshen the team up simple as that.

Jesus min. You cant be saying that.

• Site Sponsor

Let's not kid ourselves on. We could have been 4 down at HT and not had a complaint. A pussy performance from players who need to take a long hard look at themselves as does the manager.

Reynolds. Terrible performance

Considine Ditto

Hayes. When he isn't playing well you know it is for the whole game. Should have been hooked at HT if not sooner.

Rooney. Cannot do anything on his own and must have McGinn and Hayes feeding him.

Logan. Doesn't want to be here. Use the window to move him on.

Robson. What is the point? Manager won't play him. Release him and his wages.

I want to see Smith get a sustained run in the side as well as youngsters like Wright and Storie.

Season is in danger of collapsing around us.

• Upvote 1

Let's not kid ourselves on. We could have been 4 down at HT and not had a complaint. A pussy performance from players who need to take a long hard look at themselves as does the manager.

Considine Ditto

Hayes. When he isn't playing well you know it is for the whole game. Should have been hooked at HT if not sooner.

Rooney. Cannot do anything on his own and must have McGinn and Hayes feeding him.

I want to see Smith get a sustained run in the side as well as youngsters like Wright and Storie.

Cannot disagree with any of that. Every time Hearts had a corner in the first half (and they had plenty) they looked like scoring. Shambolic defensive performance, and if Hearts had been any good themselves they'd have been out of sight by HT.

Flood should have cleared their headed goal - he didnt react until it has passed over his heid. Appreciate it was from close range, but there is such a thing as anticipation / reading the game.

Our marking at set-pieces was woeful at times - folk being asked to mark people head and shoulders taller than them. Augustine (was it?) won a long succession of headers in our box.

Considine should have buried the chance he had. Hell, I would have buried it.

Hearts played out of their skin, they cant produce that level of performance every week. They were clearly smarting from the league defeats and out to make a point.

Considine Ditto

Saturday's atmosphere was not the day to try a few relatively untested youngsters though.