Simon Church

Rooney isn't being played as a winger, if you pay attention you can see Rooney and church are all over the forward line. Anyway, church being included in this team has not had an adverse affect on Rooneys scoring ability.

You are clutching at straws here, church hasn't had the bad start you are making out. In fact I am not sure what you're getting at all, you seem to be the only one attacking church here. It's bizarre

On a side note, Are you the same fifered that runs that sheep on fire Facebook page or some other dons related Facebook page?

Far too many of our fans look at how the team is set up and think players should be doing whatever it is another would be doing if they are played there. Against Celtic, Rooney was out wide as a target man. He wasn't expected to take on his marker and get the cross in. He was there to rough up the young loon that plays left back and dominate him in the air.

Taylor was to blame for the first goal and his hulk hogan style big boot was enough to con the disabled ref for the second , ok he made no contact but his attempt to win the ball was horrendous . Mcginn lost possession nearly every time he he he ball , skied free kicks , shite corners . No tracking back . He was fuckin Awfull .

Yes I do despair.

As I said in another thread, he was in a perfect scoring position on three occasions against ICT but McGinn x2 and shinnie opted to go for the spectacular when the best option was to pass it to Church. McGinn and probably a few others deserves far more criticism than church does for Monday night.

Church also put in a great shift against Celtic and grabbed a goal. I can't comment on the St Johnstone match because I only saw the highlights.

You've given him three matches, wise up and give the guy a chance. He's not immune from criticism here but there are others more deserving of it.

You seem to think he's having an affect on Rooney. Hasn't Rooney scored in each match since church has been here?

He played well against St J, IMO. In his 3 games this season he's had as many good games as Goodwillie had.

His intensity certainly dropped on Monday. However, MacLean and Storie were sitting too deep, Hayes was clearly fucked early on and McGinn & Pawlett might as well not have been there. Logan was shitting it against Storey too.

People don't tend to understand the effect that the rest of the team can have on an individuals performance sometimes, especially a striker.

Guilty until proven innocent is definitely a shitter way of looking at things than vice versa. If all players were tarred with the 'useless cunt' brush prior to being given time to settle in, we'd be lucky to entice anyone to the club, let alone good ones. Derek aint perfect, but i tend to lean on the side of being optimistic about people he brings in...i mean he did bring us a record points tally just last season. Lets enjoy things until there's good reason to judge folks i say.

Barry Nicholson was pretty poor for the majority of his first season.

He typifies what was an awful transfer window. We're undoubtedly weaker than we were at the start of January. I find that amazing given what could have been achieved this season.

To be fair, I agree it was a poor window, but it is not the transfers that caused that. Our weakness, that should subsequently have been addressed by the window was caused by injury - arguably to Jack, definitely to Flood (the one that turned up against Hearts, not the one against Caley), Considine forcing us to play a half fit Reynolds and now to Hayes because of our over reliance on him.

The Taylor of October and Monday night needs a back up. But the guy from August/Sept and again in the last wee while has been excellent. Plus you can see he's still adjusting from a keeper that took everything within range to one that once again is transfixed to his line.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought he looked pish as well. Bizarre tactics though. Why not just play him through the middle? It looked like he was wide left with McGinn wide right and nobody up front in the first half

McLean started the game as the central striker but when the formation changed to a 3 at the back approx midway through the first half, went back into midfield alongside flood with Shinnie moving to left wing back. That's when church moved up front.

I thought church had a decent first half and deserved his goal, can't recall him doing anything of note second period other than missing a decent chance , from I think a pawlett cross.

Anyways, rate him or not, we need to get behind him as he's all we've got for next 6 weeks, so here's hoping he proves his worth.

Thought he looked pish as well. Bizarre tactics though. Why not just play him through the middle? It looked like he was wide left with McGinn wide right and nobody up front in the first half

I thought that too.

Derek must think that Yogi Hughes is a master tactician as Hughes said that he played with his forwards out wide when they beat us a couple of weeks ago.

Sad times when we're copying Yogi.

Church will need to get his other 10 red parishioners into church and pray for a miracle if they want to beat super improved Dundee untd midweek. Cant see them winning this one without hayes and rooney and having the 2 nervouse wrecks in taylor and Reynolds running around like a couple of lassies. Plus the other disaster Jack. Mcinnes needs to get his act together, make shinnie captain.

Church will need to get his other 10 red parishioners into church and pray for a miracle if they want to beat super improved Dundee untd midweek. Cant see them winning this one without hayes and rooney and having the 2 nervouse wrecks in taylor and Reynolds running around like a couple of lassies. Plus the other disaster Jack. Mcinnes needs to get his act together, make shinnie captain.

I too am feeling very nervôuse.....it's a strange feeling