Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

The worrying thing for the SNP is the lack of a natural successor to Sturgeon. It surely couldn't be Stephen Flynn who seems to set most of  the Westminster cadre of MPs against the MSPs in Holyrood.

I'm gong to stick my neck out and say Jenny Gilruth. But might not be a universally popular choice given that she's now married to the ex Scottish Labour leader Dugdale

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

The worrying thing for the SNP is the lack of a natural successor to Sturgeon. It surely couldn't be Stephen Flynn who seems to set most of  the Westminster cadre of MPs against the MSPs in Holyrood.

I'm gong to stick my neck out and say Jenny Gilruth. But might not be a universally popular choice given that she's now married to the ex Scottish Labour leader Dugdale

Certainly ticks a box

5 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Robertson has already been promised it because of …..

18 hours ago, Edwin Starr said:

Everyone has their time at anything they do .

Queen 👑Nicola is no different .

There's a few others in the movement that can take her place and improve it .

Personally I'd like change because anyone that's been in power by some distance it all can get a bit stale .

If it weren't for list seats we wouldn't have much unionist parties in the Scottish parliament.

Back door entrants like Dross.😆.

Not looked into the latest polls as yet even the unionist scotsman

I blame Eddie

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Thought she came across really well, and part of me believes that her friends funeral was perhaps the "fuck it" moment for her.

Of course, we are a sceptical bunch and would rather believe its because of various other murky issues, because lets face it, it makes for a better story!

She’s doing a runner.

Some leader.

• Upvote 1

Well, good riddance to bad rubbish!

A total disaster as a leader who not only failed to develop the case for independence one jot, but also proved to be kind of reverse-King Midas where everything she touched turned to shit.

She walks away leaving every aspect of the country in ruins, a surefire warning to those still captivated by the indy-nonsense. 

She was so poor that I, a Unionist, hoped she would carry on.  I hoped to see her die on her trans-hill at the Supreme Court, to see her admit the two heap-of-shite ferries will never sail, to face the music over the SNP dodgy financial dealings and so very much more.

Pleasingly from a Unionist angle, there is no obvious heir-apparent and it seems certain they will elect some other total mongol to finish killing the case for independence.

Humza Yousef - a diversity candidate and deeply unpopular; would be out of his depth running a corner shop.  

Jenny Gilruth - another diversity candidate; a lipstick lesbian (there is much to be said for that, but in the realm of home entertainment and not politics).

John Swinney - yesterdays man; he was a failure before and he would be a failure again.

Kate Forbes - a pleasant wee lassie fae the heelans.  A "devout christian", but protestants' values are only firm until such a point they become an inconvenience, hence their demise.  She is obviously unprincipled to accept a major role in the Sturgeon administration.  Would be a very stark change for the party, to go from far left secular wokery to the Free Presbyterian Church.   One wonders how a party which could vote for 'trans rights' rubbish would take to her, to say nothing of the LGBT-mad Greens.  What implications for the coalition?

Angus Robertson - like Swinney, just another SNP establishment figure happy to play musical chairs and keep raking it in at the expense of the tartan clad wallopers.

No outstanding candidates, although I would be shocked if any was as bad as Sturgeon.  

Alex Salmond to make a shock return, eager for more sleepy cuddles?

Whoever it is, I hope they realise that its time for the LGBT dominance of Scottish Politics to end and that they should get on with fixing the roads.

02c.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Dildo 9