Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
7 minutes ago, CCB III said:

When I was 15, aye. 

Wouldn't reference is as a grown man. 

Ooooh grown man.

4 hours ago, patrick bateman said:

And you just ignore the other stuff...

Says a lot about you.

As I said the company you keep says a lot.

We know you have no problem with shall we say at best someone who abused his position to pester women and more likely sexually assaulted them.

You are for the watching.

8-D648-E19-3-EC9-47-D6-BE23-4-E37-AEB799

2 hours ago, BitWait said:

Bankrupt within 5 years of gaining independence but hey ho , go with the flow. It will suit our victim mentality and we can forever blame the English.

Which other country that has left the so called britnat empire has gone bankrupt and asked to come back.

• Upvote 1

That's it , there's no going back. Eire , they went bankrupt and relied on an EU bailout. Now you have to pay £20 to see a doctor if you're not on benefits. There are probably a few more went down the sink and have horrific living standards partly due to paying back loans they've received.

1 hour ago, BitWait said:

That's it , there's no going back. Eire , they went bankrupt and relied on an EU bailout. Now you have to pay £20 to see a doctor if you're not on benefits. There are probably a few more went down the sink and have horrific living standards partly due to paying back loans they've received.

But you understand that the NHS is being sold off by the UK gov anyway? It's not inconceivable that in the future we'll have to pay for private care because the standard they'll let it drop to will be so low. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/health/37-nhs-gp-practices-have-been-sold-to-a-private-us-health-company-heres-what-it-means-3172193?amp

They immediately cut the amount of GPS. 

Like, come on to fuck. If you're going to use healthcare as an argument, at least know the unionist party actions on it. 

• Upvote 1

The NHS in its present form is unsustainable. An independent Scotland would probably borrow money to try and keep it alive thus adding to their financial woes. I don't know this same as I don't know Unionist policies. Just think independence is not a good way ahead for Scotland.

14 minutes ago, caledonia said:

Lets talk about Douglas Ross

For those who dont know who he is here is a picture of him ⬇️

A1-AAC376-EEE5-4651-B98-F-72309958-C4-A1

You love a meme don’t you Cale?

I am certainly not a supporter of Ross but in the interest of fairness do you have any supporting evidence to back up the £1bn govt spend figure?

Seems very high to me. 

A very quick search didn’t yield any figures remotely close to this number and this National (great band) article put the cost at £30mn (1.5% of the total in your meme) 

https://www.thenational.scot/politics/20184900.20m-small-price-pay-referendum-countrys-future/

Full fact quotes £28Mn 

https://fullfact.org/economy/platinum-jubilee-cost/

• Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

You love a meme don’t you Cale?

I am certainly not a supporter of Ross but in the interest of fairness do you have any supporting evidence to back up the £1bn govt spend figure?

Seems very high to me. 

A very quick search didn’t yield any figures remotely close to this number and this National (great band) article put the cost at £30mn (1.5% of the total in your meme) 

https://www.thenational.scot/politics/20184900.20m-small-price-pay-referendum-countrys-future/

Full fact quotes £28Mn 

https://fullfact.org/economy/platinum-jubilee-cost/

Excellent but you forgot to count the bank holidays(the diamond jubilee in 2012 cost 1billion so presume this one was the same at least)  but look forward to you fact checking all the unionist claims as well because looking back on your posts you only seem to be checking one side any reason for that?

166-B00-FE-9997-47-E1-8-B21-4-CEF1-AAABD

The NHS in its present form is unsustainable. An independent Scotland would probably borrow money to try and keep it alive thus adding to their financial woes. I don't know this same as I don't know Unionist policies. Just think independence is not a good way ahead for Scotland.

https://apple.news/AQrmYMCBwRZ-AUerNZabA8w

il just leave this here for you to peruse, a wee unionist policy seen as you don’t know any

4 minutes ago, caledonia said:

Excellent but you forgot to count the bank holidays(the diamond jubilee in 2012 cost 1billion so presume this one was the same at least)  but look forward to you fact checking all the unionist claims as well because looking back on your posts you only seem to be checking one side any reason for that?

166-B00-FE-9997-47-E1-8-B21-4-CEF1-AAABD

Lol I voted yes to independence you mental case. 

I just queried your claim as it sounded like bullshit and I had a spare 5mins. 

You can of course ignore this advice but I and probably many others don’t find it helpful when misleading claims are presented as facts in order to sway opinion. If anything it can have the opposite effect on people. That applies irregardless of what side of the argument you fall on. 

And, just to keep you happy, if anyone wants to post something about us turning into Venezuela or that we will be bankrupt in a couple of years post independence I will ask for evidence of that too as it sounds like bullshit. 

Forgot to add Full Fact are funded by Facebook and Google and have representatives from Some of the English parties in their ranks.

whether they are political or not that is up for you to decide.

https://thecritic.co.uk/how-neutral-is-full-fact/

Also as you forgot to count the bank holidays the claim is not misleading.

This one will keep you going for a while and no missing anything out to make it less

76-CFC3-B8-0572-4-ADE-B0-F4-CBDE8-F3-CC8

• Upvote 1

There is no evidence of future costs to do anything , only estimates and they can go way over ( see ferries ) or be delivered on time within budget , but bankruptcy within 5 years sounds about right to me. An Irish man told me this at work one day as they had been through it and general opinion in Eire is that Scots are crazy to go for independence. 

It's not a business, it's an as and when you need it service provided by the taxpayer. It's not for profit. You've fallen right into the trap. 

It needs whatever money it needs. 

Every nation borrows money. Every single nation. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, BitWait said:

There is no evidence of future costs to do anything , only estimates and they can go way over ( see ferries ) or be delivered on time within budget , but bankruptcy within 5 years sounds about right to me. An Irish man told me this at work one day as they had been through it and general opinion in Eire is that Scots are crazy to go for independence. 

Seriously? That's your argument? 

'We can't go independent because the future is unpredictable'

4 minutes ago, BitWait said:

I generally ignore anything paddies tell me.

• Upvote 1