Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, For Fecks Sake said:

If it was that straight forward as you claim, how come it was, and remains, one of the biggest questions that the Yes campaign failed to answer convincingly the last time around?

These are the questions that will help swing no voters to yes voters. Posting unfounded pish like you do will do nothing but reinforce opinions that an independent Scotland is not viable.

Just to turn the question around, what is the single most significant impediment to a Scottish currency?

13 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

If it was that straight forward as you claim, how come it was, and remains, one of the biggest questions that the Yes campaign failed to answer convincingly the last time around?

These are the questions that will help swing no voters to yes voters. Posting unfounded pish like you do will do nothing but reinforce opinions that an independent Scotland is not viable.

Last time this, spurious that, unfounded blah blah blah. 

There is absolutely 100% zero evidence, facts, or even debate in your post about why we couldn't easily have our own currency.

24 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

That question will be answered in full with the roll out of the Scottish government's plans on independence.

Very soon .

• Haha 1
Just now, patrick bateman said:

Not having a central bank 

Okay, then you create one. 

I mean there's no insurmountable obstacle that prevents Scotland creating a treasury for taxes and revenue, applying for membership to the IMF, creating a body that oversees income and expenditure, and printing fiat currency backed by national wealth, right? 

1 hour ago, CCB III said:

Of course I think they deserve it. 

They should get it. 

But they've been dissatisfied with their conditions for long before the Scottish Government went in there. 

Im sure there'll be an agreement reached. Unlike down south where they want to leverage the situation. 

The Scottish government has had eons to negotiate.

They haven't.

So who is at fault.

The UK government doesn't want to negotiate for political reasons.

What is the Scottish government excuse?

3 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Okay, then you create one. 

I mean there's no insurmountable obstacle that prevents Scotland creating a treasury for taxes and revenue, applying for membership to the IMF, creating a body that oversees income and expenditure, and printing fiat currency backed by national wealth, right? 

There is not.

It is not government policy to do so.

They favour a sterlingisation approach.

10 minutes ago, patrick bateman said:

The Scottish government has had eons to negotiate.

They haven't.

So who is at fault.

The UK government doesn't want to negotiate for political reasons.

What is the Scottish government excuse?

Also noticed that all the routes still being run throughout the strike are all Central belt based, no trains north at all.

We moan like fuck about being ignored by Westminster, but by fuck the SNP show the North East the same attitude.

• Upvote 2

Don't forget everyone when this currency argument fails they will say:

"But we will be FORCED to join the EURO".

You mean we can't use the GREAT British Pound? The one that has lost 25% of it's value against the US Dollar since the last referendum. And is also 8% weaker against the Euro. Which we will be forced to use...

4 minutes ago, Edwin Starr said:

Fair enough .

I think you like to just come on to try and wind.posters up.??.

Not sure I can take you seriously.

A vote for independence does not equate to a vote for the SNP.

While I will vote again for independence when the time comes, that does not mean I will not criticise them for how they are running the country or the shite they come away with at times about independence.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Also noticed that all the routes still being run throughout the strike are all Central belt based, no trains north at all.

We moan like fuck about being ignored by Westminster, but by fuck the SNP show the North East the same attitude.

Maybe in an independent Scotland you could have a political party that represents the interests of the NE? 

I don't care about the train strikes to look into detail but it could be they have left on more trains for daily commuters rather than trains that are more likely to be used for leisure travel? 

Just now, For Fecks Sake said:

A vote for independence does not equate to a vote for the SNP.

While I will vote again for independence when the time comes, that does not mean I will not criticise them for how they are running the country or the shite they come away with at times about independence.

Fair point FFS.

I don't criticise them I leave that for the daily SNP bad stuff daily from the unionist press .

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Don't forget everyone when this currency argument fails they will say:

"But we will be FORCED to join the EURO".

You mean we can't use the GREAT British Pound? The one that has lost 25% of it's value against the US Dollar since the last referendum. And is also 8% weaker against the Euro. Which we will be forced to use...

Are you being deliberately obtuse ? 

Or are you just not aware of the difference in valuation, criteria,control etc.

41 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Last time this, spurious that, unfounded blah blah blah. 

There is absolutely 100% zero evidence, facts, or even debate in your post about why we couldn't easily have our own currency.

Nicola could’nt answer the question about currency last week when she shared a platform with the little gerbil Harvie.

In fact she struggled to answer any questions .

Her standard answers were “we will be publishing papers in the coming months” and I’m not going into details.

What have they been doing for the last 14 years.

• Upvote 2
Just now, Joe pike said:

Nicola could’nt answer the question about currency last week when she shared a platform with the little gerbil Harvie.

In fact she struggled to answer any questions .

Her standard answers were “we will be publishing papers in the coming months” and I’m not going into details.

What have they been doing for the last 14 years.

I couldn't give a fuck about Sturgeon, or Harvie, or Boris, or Blair. 

I do give a fuck about when these people are all dead and buried if Scotland will still have kids in poverty for no reason other than greedy useless cunts in London don't fairly share the proceeds of our resources. 

2 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

TBF, an independent Scotland's currency always was 2014's achilles heel and I don't think there's been a satisfactory solution offered to the argument - and I'm pro-independence at heart

Sorted now Frankie .

Will get released in due course in the coming weeks .?

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

I do give a fuck about when these people are all dead and buried if Scotland will still have kids in poverty for no reason other than greedy useless cunts in London don't fairly share the proceeds of our resources. 

In fucking one .

1 minute ago, Redforever86 said:

The kids could be rich if the SNP had’nt squandered billions on ferries, hospital building contracts that over ran for years,steel industry given 500 million for no return,Prestwick etc etc

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Joe pike said:

The kids could be rich if the SNP had’nt squandered billions on ferries, hospital building contracts that over ran for years,steel industry given 500 million for no return,Prestwick etc etc

The SNP represents around 10 years of our political and economic history, all while having control over possibly less than half the shit that matters. 

Blaming them for any predicament we are currently in, is like blaming the substitute French teacher that taught you for 2 periods for you being unemployed at age 47.