Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

12 hours ago, CCB III said:

But you understand that the NHS is being sold off by the UK gov anyway? It's not inconceivable that in the future we'll have to pay for private care because the standard they'll let it drop to will be so low. 

You do understand that it was Blair's Labour government that started the whole privatisation of the NHS anyway?

I mean, don't let facts get in the way of a good story now will you.

Every political party knows the NHS is a money pit in its current form but are too shit scared of introducing sweeping changes due to how the voter perceive it. 

I have private medical insurance and I find it crap that I can get most treatments in a matter of days or weeks privately or wait 6 + months on the NHS for the same treatment AND it will probably be the same doctor/surgeon/consultant involved with both ☹️

7 minutes ago, caledonia said:

We cant get independence because two ferries were over budget.

Yet its fine to stay in a union that gave millions to a ferry company without boats.

unionist argument 101

I would argue that that's the tact adopted by every political party and their followers, yes even the SNP.

Brinng up any short falling, issues, problem or whatever and they immediately retort with "but but but what about...."

And to think we take the piss out of the old firm about it yet continue with that rationale in politics.

Another reason why your average person has been turned off by politics.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, BitWait said:

There is no evidence of future costs to do anything , only estimates and they can go way over ( see ferries ) or be delivered on time within budget , but bankruptcy within 5 years sounds about right to me. An Irish man told me this at work one day as they had been through it and general opinion in Eire is that Scots are crazy to go for independence. 

Strange that they don't seem to be clamouring to re-join the UK then....

• Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

You do realise it was the Scot’s who invented the Bank of England?

William Paterson 

Emma Harper SNP ‘s view on the Scottish currency.In 2019 she downplayed the issues around creating a new currency in an independent Scotland to a BBC audience, remarking that her recent holiday to Mexico demonstrated that, "plastic translates anywhere where you are"; she then claimed Scottish issued bank notes were currently being exchanged for more than English ones on the foreign exchange markets, which indicated that (in the future) "Our Scottish pounds have the propensity to be really really strong".[5][6][7]

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

You do understand that it was Blair's Labour government that started the whole privatisation of the NHS anyway?

19 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Brinng up any short falling, issues, problem or whatever and they immediately retort with "but but but what about...."

33 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

I mean, don't let facts get in the way of a good story now will you.

Every political party knows the NHS is a money pit in its current form but are too shit scared of introducing sweeping changes due to how the voter perceive it. 

I have private medical insurance and I find it crap that I can get most treatments in a matter of days or weeks privately or wait 6 + months on the NHS for the same treatment AND it will probably be the same doctor/surgeon/consultant involved with both ☹️

I do understand that, where have I denied it? I hate Tony Blair. I've never denied the fact that New Labour (tories) got the ball rolling on that. 

But, consecutive Tory governments have absolutely (deliberately) decimated it. That's no story. That's fact. 

Does it matter who did it first? Does Blair doing it first absolve the Tories of responsibility? 

What a thick argument to present. 

"it's a money pit" is the POV of someone who can't understand an organisation existing not to make money. It's not a "pit" because that infers it has no use. 

A properly funded NHS is good for everyone. Aside from American investors and the Tory rodents you vote for who seek to profit off of it. 

22 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Emma Harper SNP ‘s view on the Scottish currency.In 2019 she downplayed the issues around creating a new currency in an independent Scotland to a BBC audience, remarking that her recent holiday to Mexico demonstrated that, "plastic translates anywhere where you are"; she then claimed Scottish issued bank notes were currently being exchanged for more than English ones on the foreign exchange markets, which indicated that (in the future) "Our Scottish pounds have the propensity to be really really strong".[5][6][7]

Using an analogy of going on holiday to Mexico by an SNP MSP in an article using the words "claimed", "indicated" and propensity (look the word up @Redforever86

Is not exactly filling me with confidence. What we need is one of those economic powerhouse voices (the kind an independent Scotland will employ and need only ONCE we get independence according to some) comments on it.

Then you may get more people paying the topic the attention it duly deserves.

8 minutes ago, CCB III said:

I do understand that, where have I denied it? I hate Tony Blair. I've never denied the fact that New Labour (tories) got the ball rolling on that. 

But, consecutive Tory governments have absolutely (deliberately) decimated it. That's no story. That's fact. 

Does it matter who did it first? Does Blair doing it first absolve the Tories of responsibility? 

What a thick argument to present. 

"it's a money pit" is the POV of someone who can't understand an organisation existing not to make money. It's not a "pit" because that infers it has no use. 

A properly funded NHS is good for everyone. Aside from American investors and the Tory rodents you vote for who seek to profit off of it. 

Ooft biggest bite of the day, cannot believe you fell for that ?

@Kelt

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

tbh voting SNP in a general election is pretty fucking pointless if your then going to moan about The Tories for 4 years.

Thats why i vote Alba 

See what you mean though its much the same as many on here who say they dont favour any side but then proceed to post hundreds of posts only calling out SNP.

Or they start a post with “i voted for independence last time” but

Or fact check only one side

why deny what you believe in example is joe pike i never agree with him mostly but at least he nails his colours to the mast

for feck sake on the other hand is a raving Tory and tries to hide it

people on here can use the search function 

1 minute ago, Joe pike said:

Not at all but you like most nationalists are selective with who you believe.

I know the Tories lie about Scotland's wealth they have to.

For the record Carney was under oath at the time and the question came from an SNP MP.

Have you read the McCrone report? The London Westminster government hid our true wealth what's changed .

They are taking you for a fool even now after what that lot have done you're still backing them , where's your pride.??

Unionism is bad for Scotland but you lot will lose your beloved union soon enough.???