Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

Aye I did notice and I also noticed what happened to Greece, or had you forgotten?

Told you already the econemy in all countries goes up and down

So since the war 51 countries have left the empire and only Greese is a basket case

So that is what you base scotland on

Your even thicker than mince

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No mate, if you read my post again carefully my argument for not being a hun was that I have been going to Pittodrie since you were in your nappies. You obviously accept that being labelled as a hun is about the worst insult that can be bandied about on here and in hindsight I accept you were jesting. So lets leave it at that and accept each other as fellow Dandies even though I am a "pedantic" cunt. :)

Fair play.  Full disclosure, in my "pedantic cunt" post, I actually thought I was replying to Clydeside Sheep as part of an ongoing discussion.

My post on hunnery to you was completely in jest as I am glad you now recognise, as you appear to be a sound enough cunt.

As I say, the more aggressive (the pedantic cunt post) of my earlier replies was, in fact, a case of mistaken identity due to posting via my phone.  Sorry about that....although you are still a pedantic cunt  :happy:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Fair play.  Full disclosure, in my "pedantic cunt" post, I actually thought I was replying to Clydeside Sheep as part of an ongoing discussion.

My post on hunnery to you was completely in jest as I am glad you now recognise, as you appear to be a sound enough cunt.

As I say, the more aggressive (the pedantic cunt post) of my earlier replies was, in fact, a case of mistaken identity due to posting via my phone.  Sorry about that....although you are still a pedantic cunt  :happy:

You have made an arse of yourself here :laughing:

Thinking you were replying to me only explains the erroneous religious insults you included, the other aggression / insults were down to the fact that someone (not me) corrected you on a date. 

I had considered our own brief interactions on this thread to be pretty pleasant and cordial :laughing:

• Upvote 1

Your thicker than i thought in the uk Scotland gets NO SAY

But with Europe we at least get most of the say look at Ireland and brexit or are you as brainwashed or braindead to notice

0-C6-AF119-C097-45-D3-A487-C2-CE2-D33-D6

Told you already the econemy in all countries goes up and down

So since the war 51 countries have left the empire and only Greese is a basket case

So that is what you base scotland on

Your even thicker than mince

:clangers2: 

​Aye ok Olivia Newton Sturgeon.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well, Its a dump with more money to spend than it would have outside of the UK.

(and it doesn't need to be a dump at all: if it is a dump, its only so because thats the standard we accept from local councils and holyrood).

Clueless running with the old debunked Scotland is subsided by the uk shit

Did you not read the whisky post about what Ireland makes out of 4%

Why do you think the unionist parties desperately want to hold on to Scotland

Wake up man its only going one way as the older who believe the BBC shit die off and the younger see what’s happening

• Downvote 1

Decades of portraying the people of Scotland as spongers and subsidised by the UK is definitely deeply ingrained in some people. It's created a real Scottish cringe and sense of self-loathing in many Scots.

The mindset that Scotland can't survive on it's own is just bizarre. A country with outstanding natural resources (oil, wind, wave power, fishing waters, beautiful scenery that draws visitors, etc) such as ours are unable to look after themselves? Wtf?!?

It's even more bizarre to hear it coming from the pro-Brexit folk like CS. Although his mindset appears to be built on flags, nationhood and imperialism, rather than critical thinking (not his forte, given he believes that raping 13 year old boys is just a bit of homosexual high-jinx and that a magical sky-wizard created the universe).

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

You have made an arse of yourself here :laughing:

Thinking you were replying to me only explains the erroneous religious insults you included, the other aggression / insults were down to the fact that someone (not me) corrected you on a date. 

I had considered our own brief interactions on this thread to be pretty pleasant and cordial :laughing:

Yes, hence the pedentry in the context of our discussion seemed pretty inappropriate, condescending and insulting and I reacted in kind.

On the other hand, you are now being a cunt and gloating.  Does that make you feel good about yourself?

Clueless running with the old debunked Scotland is subsided by the uk shit

Did you not read the whisky post about what Ireland makes out of 4%

Why do you think the unionist parties desperately want to hold on to Scotland

Wake up man its only going one way as the older who believe the BBC shit die off and the younger see what’s happening

I said Scotland "does well" out of the UK, I didn't say it was "subsidised".  Why always assume the worst, or default to a negative position?

It's true that Scotland does well out of the Union, which enhances Scotland by way of security, jobs, technology and industry, opportunity and genuine global influence.

If you want to be a small nobody ruled by Brussels - like Ireland -  then fair enough, but we British have a bit of ambition. We are looking at the stars (and I don't mean the EU flag).

You love to refer to Ireland.  Do you know buying a home is beyond most young people in Ireland in today's world.  They live in shitey, expensive bedsits in their over-rated capital City, telling themselves everything is going well because they are in the EU, have MTV and partially got rid of us. 

Is what you want for Scots youth?  I bought my first home when I was 23.  I would like to think my daughters could have the same (or better) opportunity, when they are making their own way in the world.

Decades of portraying the people of Scotland as spongers and subsidised by the UK is definitely deeply ingrained in some people. It's created a real Scottish cringe and sense of self-loathing in many Scots.

The mindset that Scotland can't survive on it's own is just bizarre. A country with outstanding natural resources (oil, wind, wave power, fishing waters, beautiful scenery that draws visitors, etc) such as ours are unable to look after themselves? Wtf?!?

It's even more bizarre to hear it coming from the pro-Brexit folk like CS. Although his mindset appears to be built on flags, nationhood and imperialism, rather than critical thinking (not his forte, given he believes that raping 13 year old boys is just a bit of homosexual high-jinx and that a magical sky-wizard created the universe).

Again we see the separatist tendency to default to a negative, self-loathing position, where it is assumed everyone has contempt for Scotland.  This is the real Scottish cringe.

I don't think the Scots are spongers, I just think we do well being part of the UK.  Most people agree.

Equally, I don't think "Scotland cant survive on its own".  Of course it could.  But, it would most likely be a small, nothing country - like Ireland - rather than prominent global leader like the UK.

That the separatists can only attack things which people didn't say and don't think, shows the absolute poverty of their position. 

(And most sex abuse within the Church was committed by homosexual predators, like Kevin Spacey.  Some victims were are old as 17, why not give them some recognition and sympathy for a change?)

• Downvote 2

Don't forget our UN Security Council veto and place at the table at the G7!!!!!

Yeh don't forget them.

What a mindset you have, to suggest that having tangible global influence and power is nothing special.  FFS.

That is the separatist mindset - "oh, we are just wee Scotland.  All this geopolitical stuff is too complex for us.  We are simple folk.  Leave us to our shortbread and don't bamboozle us with acronyms like 'UN' or stuff about far away countries.  As long as Brussels approves our budget and we can jump in a fountain, we are happy."

Have a bit of confidence and some swagger FFS.

You love to refer to Ireland. Do you know buying a home is beyond most young people in Ireland in today's world. They live in shitey, expensive bedsits in their over-rated capital City, telling themselves everything is going well because they are in the EU, have MTV and partially got rid of us.

Is what you want for Scots youth? I bought my first home when I was 23. I would like to think my daughters could have the same (or better) opportunity, when they are making their own way in the world.

You know you just described the UK, don't you? Where the average house price is 8 times the average salary (it was probably around 2.5 times the average salary when you bought your first home). So you best get saving and hope that your daughters stick in at school, or all they'll be able to afford will be a "shitey, expensive bedsit".

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yes, hence the pedentry in the context of our discussion seemed pretty inappropriate, condescending and insulting and I reacted in kind.

Understood. 

On the other hand, you are now being a cunt and gloating.  Does that make you feel good about yourself?

No, I was genuinely wounded at the thought of such a response, although I understand it now thanks to your response above.

Don't forget our UN Security Council veto and place at the table at the G7!!!!!

Further to this:

The UK is the 2nd most powerful nation in the world (behind the USA).

While the USA is the only super-power, the UK is the only nation rated as a "global power". This is defined as:

“A country lacking the heft or comprehensive attributes of a superpower, but still with a wide international footprint and [military] means to reach most geopolitical theatres, particularly the Middle East, South-East Asia, East Asia, Africa and South America.”

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/study-finds-uk-is-second-most-powerful-country-in-the-world/

And its not just about military power, but about influence and global relationships, cultural reach and soft power.

This kind of stuff is not meaningless.  For example, look how lucky we are that our language is the global language.  What an advantage.

A desire to turn our back on this, to be a country like Ireland, is just baffling.

• Downvote 1

Again we see the separatist tendency to default to a negative, self-loathing position, where it is assumed everyone has contempt for Scotland. This is the real Scottish cringe.

I don't think the Scots are spongers, I just think we do well being part of the UK. Most people agree.

Equally, I don't think "Scotland cant survive on its own". Of course it could. But, it would most likely be a small, nothing country - like Ireland - rather than prominent global leader like the UK.

That the separatists can only attack things which people didn't say and don't think, shows the absolute poverty of their position.

(And most sex abuse within the Church was committed by homosexual predators, like Kevin Spacey. Some victims were are old as 17, why not give them some recognition and sympathy for a change?)

You do have contempt for Scotland. You refer to anyone who believes Scotland should follow it's own path in pejorative terms and keep banging on some weird shite about wearing kilts in fountains (perhaps one of your warped sexual fantasies, i'd surmise).

A "nothing country" like Ireland, who have a higer GDP per capita than the UK and where the population is happier? Sure, they don't get the satisfaction of their armed forces killing mossers in the middle east but i guess they must get their satisfaction elsewhere. Sounds shite. Best just stick with the age of empire dreamer Tories and UKIP.

As i've said to Old Manny, there's little point in engaging with someone like yourself, who attempts to label folk as "separatists" and "nationalists" (especially ironic as you seem to be the biggest "nationalist" on here), rather than actually having a grown up debate.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You know you just described the UK, don't you? Where the average house price is 8 times the average salary (it was probably around 2.5 times the average salary when you bought your first home). So you best get saving and hope that your daughters stick in at school, or all they'll be able to afford will be a "shitey, expensive bedsit".

The UK is nothing comparable to Ireland in this regard.

I used to see a girl from Cork. I remember raising my eyebrows to learn she and her friend* had bought a 2 bed semi for megabucks

(*they cant afford to buy on their own, and this is about 10 yrs ago).

I cant remember the exact price, but I am sure it was about 300,000 euros.

They significantly paid more for it, than we paid for a 4 bed, newly built detached house, >10 years later - in a better city.

The irish housing market is bonkers.

And for renters, currently:

Average rent in Dublin: E 1,620 (and rising)

Average rent in Glasgow: £ 752

And like Cork, Dublin couldnt hold a candle to Glasgow.

• Downvote 1

I don’t get why folk dislike or like the union.

who gives a fuck?

Does it really make a difference if your governed by a toff from eton in London or one from fettes in holyrood?

either way you’ll still pay tax and be a nobody.

live life.

Life is real.

Politics isn’t.

:cool::beer:

• Downvote 1

who gives a fuck?

Does it really make a difference if your governed by a toff from eton in London or one from fettes in holyrood?

live life.

Life is real.

Politics isn’t.

• Downvote 1

who gives a fuck?

live life.

Life is real.

Politics isn’t.

• Downvote 1

The UK is nothing comparable to Ireland in this regard.

I used to see a girl from Cork. I remember raising my eyebrows to learn she and her friend* had bought a 2 bed semi for megabucks

(*they cant afford to buy on their own, and this is about 10 yrs ago).

I cant remember the exact price, but I am sure it was about 300,000 euros.

They significantly paid more for it, than we paid for a 4 bed, newly built detached house, >10 years later - in a better city.

The irish housing market is bonkers.

And for renters, currently:

Average rent in Dublin: E 1,620 (and rising)

Average rent in Glasgow: £ 752

And like Cork, Dublin couldnt hold a candle to Glasgow.

So you have no like-for-like, real terms, comparison to the UK?

I know your wee sphere of ken doesn't expand much beyond your hometown but Glasgow is actually one of the most affordable cities in the UK to live. So comparing it to the most expensive city in Ireland is a bit misguided.

So, compare it to London and adjust the rents for the differences in average earnings, then you'll have a worthwhile comparison.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

(And most sex abuse within the Church was committed by homosexual predators, like Kevin Spacey.  Some victims were are old as 17, why not give them some recognition and sympathy for a change?)

70% of the abuse was boys and girls under the age of 14

It wasn't sex abuse, it was child abuse. Your church covered up for child rapists and you come on here and are an apologist for that. And you try and claim moral superiority.

You're a fucking scumbag

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1